Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 29 Dec 2013, 23:04 (Ref:3348744)   #1
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Roar before the Rolex 24

So many stories coming out off the back of the Roar entry list. Lots of interesting driver/team partnerships.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/67...fore-rolex-24/
Old 29 Dec 2013, 23:12 (Ref:3348751)   #2
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must say, this is quite possibly the biggest entry list I've ever seen apart from any LM24...or other 24h races. Just from this, how can you NOT root for this series? Maybe I'm just easily impressed.

Last edited by MJ_N_09; 29 Dec 2013 at 23:20.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 23:38 (Ref:3348761)   #3
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Now THAT is a large entry list.

Should make for a hectic and exciting race!
Old 30 Dec 2013, 00:08 (Ref:3348771)   #4
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cool to see van Gisbergen on the list, will be interesting to see how he manages. He has some experience in Porsches in AusGT but he can also be a bit of a panel banger in the V8s.

A little disappointed to see Cameron in the Turner car, was hoping he would be picked up by a P2 team (although there aren't many of those I guess) or even an LMPC team. He's been pretty good in everything, but he has been excellent in his LMPC appearances so far so I imagine he would be great in a P2 car as well.
Old 30 Dec 2013, 00:09 (Ref:3348772)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Large entry is the way it should be at the Rolex 24. And what a great variety. I am hoping the nature of the circuit will lend itself well to such a large number of entries, but it will be interesting to see all of them the first time out at the 24 and to see how well they play together.

Nice to see the Gisa on the list, to see Wayne shaking the dust off the helmet and to see Briscoe and Liddell in with Corvette. Great drivers all 'round!
Old 30 Dec 2013, 02:20 (Ref:3348784)   #6
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great looking list of teams. I wonder if all the TBA drivers in gtd have been filled yet, will we actually see 67 cars at the Roar is what I'm getting at.
Old 30 Dec 2013, 03:43 (Ref:3348798)   #7
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Great looking list of teams. I wonder if all the TBA drivers in gtd have been filled yet, will we actually see 67 cars at the Roar is what I'm getting at.
Level 5 am BAR1 have not said anything about their TBA's as well.
Old 30 Dec 2013, 13:58 (Ref:3348902)   #8
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
I must say, this is quite possibly the biggest entry list I've ever seen apart from any LM24...or other 24h races. Just from this, how can you NOT root for this series? Maybe I'm just easily impressed.
The Daytona 24 hours has had entries well into the 80s (during the 1980s) I believe and so I believe they will easily handle 65 or more entries for this year's race if necessary. Also, the first year of Grand Am they allowed 80 entries of which 79 started the race.

DK

Last edited by dxk1; 30 Dec 2013 at 14:03.
Old 30 Dec 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3348961)   #9
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I wonder why Jens Klingmann was removed from the entry list. He was in the #94 Turner BMW Z4 with Farfus, Paltalla, Cameron, and Dalla Lana. Speaking of which, I wonder where Dalla Lana will end up for the Rolex 24 - with Turner or with Aston Martin in GTLM? Or both?

I just noticed that Marco Holzer got pulled from the #23 AJR/Team Seattle Porsche, which makes sense given he's confirmed for Porsche North America in GTLM.

Whatever the case, Riberas/James/Farnbacher is a very strong lineup for a Pro-Am class!

66 cars is certainly a strong grid, and I'd expect 45+ for any given round where all classes will be competing at the same time. Very excited for TUSC!
Old 30 Dec 2013, 18:30 (Ref:3348964)   #10
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just because Risi won't be at the Roar does not mean they won't be at the Daytona 24. I'm sure they will be there.
Old 30 Dec 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3348968)   #11
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Roar before the Rolex 24

The inaugural Roar before the start of the TUSC season is set for later this week. We have an entry list and schedule with more than a full slate of teams taking part. Festivities kick off on Friday morning in Daytona

SCHEDULE

ENTRY LIST

There will be much interest in seeing how the DP/P2 cars stack up against each other after the latest set of changes. Throw in the two Nissan powered cars (Oak and Pickett) and we could see things finally shaking out near the top.

The Continental Tires series is also testing over the weekend.
Old 30 Dec 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3349018)   #12
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man that's an incredible list,this going to be crazy. I wish I could be there! But no way I can Afford to leave Cali

I have hopes that risi will still race the 24 and the rest of the season, would be a bummer to go all season with out a Ferrari in gtlm.

I have a feeling the ecoboost dps and Nissan p2s will be the fastest ones out there, hope they get it right.
Old 30 Dec 2013, 21:18 (Ref:3349023)   #13
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I wonder why Jens Klingmann was removed from the entry list. He was in the #94 Turner BMW Z4 with Farfus, Paltalla, Cameron, and Dalla Lana. Speaking of which, I wonder where Dalla Lana will end up for the Rolex 24 - with Turner or with Aston Martin in GTLM? Or both?

I just noticed that Marco Holzer got pulled from the #23 AJR/Team Seattle Porsche, which makes sense given he's confirmed for Porsche North America in GTLM.

Whatever the case, Riberas/James/Farnbacher is a very strong lineup for a Pro-Am class!

66 cars is certainly a strong grid, and I'd expect 45+ for any given round where all classes will be competing at the same time. Very excited for TUSC!
Drivers can opt to run in two cars as long as they follow the minimum and maximum driving times for both cars, so I expect Dalla Lana to be running between the Aston Martin and Turner pits for the NAEC. He is probably the main principal for the AMR car, so he may or may not choose to drive it a lot.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 01:54 (Ref:3349072)   #14
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I posted this on the other thread as well but this is a nice
link to check out all the prior grids and stats to the Daytona 24.

http://www.racingsportscars.com/race...?track=Daytona

I will be at the ROAR on Saturday. Got a free ticket emailed since we
had already purchased the race wristband ticket. Cant wait to see these
drivers on the same track. Imagine Klaus Graf ,The Taylors, and a Ganassi
car (Pruett) on the same lap with 10 minutes to go!
Old 31 Dec 2013, 02:44 (Ref:3349075)   #15
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hm... the Canucks here may find the lineup in the #64 Scuderia Corsa Ferrari interesting. Rod Randall I don't know, but Farano is a Toronto-based Ferrari Challenge and occasional NASCAR Canadian Tire Series competitor - not so very fast though - and of course Empringham and Wilden are long-term veterans.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 13:40 (Ref:3349184)   #16
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The entry list is impressive in all classes. Now TUSC has clearly the best GT field in the world.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 16:38 (Ref:3349223)   #17
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Liddell in at Corvette ..... good solid hand , but I don't know if he is really quick ?

No Cosmo on the entry list . Thought he would be with ESM again ?

I just hope to Jesus they got the performance balance worked out or we will hear the screams in Europe ..... but it looks like a killer of a field .
Old 31 Dec 2013, 16:48 (Ref:3349227)   #18
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Liddell in at Corvette ..... good solid hand , but I don't know if he is really quick ?

I just hope to Jesus they got the performance balance worked out or we will hear the screams in Europe ..... but it looks like a killer of a field .
You'll hear the screams in the US too.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 17:21 (Ref:3349240)   #19
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
The Daytona 24 hours has had entries well into the 80s (during the 1980s) I believe and so I believe they will easily handle 65 or more entries for this year's race if necessary. Also, the first year of Grand Am they allowed 80 entries of which 79 started the race.

DK
At Daytona teams had to actually qualify up until 2002.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 15:58 (Ref:3349453)   #20
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

Cosmo left ESM during the season last year, and the parting seemed somewhat strained. I highly doubt you see him back with ESM.

I was wondering if L5 would retain him, after finishing up there, but not so far.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3349473)   #21
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6 View Post
At Daytona teams had to actually qualify up until 2002.

I've been goin' to the 24 since '75 and I don't remember not having to qualify. Elaborate, please. (Teams don't have to qualify now? And/or for what are we talking about their qualifying?)

jimclark
Old 1 Jan 2014, 18:06 (Ref:3349486)   #22
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Teams had to qualify for a place on the grid, ie, the field was oversubscribed, and they turned teams away based on qualifying performance.

Sort of like how the LM test day used to be called "pre-qualifying" and that was used to whittle down the field to the 48 official "qualifiers", with the remainder being turned away or put on a reserve list.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3349509)   #23
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So I wonder if anything is going to come about that Nissan gtr? There hasn't been any announcements,just the pics from silverstone.will it race daytona if not at the roar, could that gtr be intended for somewhere else?

Also what about the corvette c7r, is it still going to be in its camo wrap or is the roar going to be its official unveiling? I thought I read somewhere it was going to be unveiled at an auto show?
Old 1 Jan 2014, 20:00 (Ref:3349511)   #24
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
So I wonder if anything is going to come about that Nissan gtr? There hasn't been any announcements,just the pics from silverstone.will it race daytona if not at the roar, could that gtr be intended for somewhere else?

Also what about the corvette c7r, is it still going to be in its camo wrap or is the roar going to be its official unveiling? I thought I read somewhere it was going to be unveiled at an auto show?
Corvette Racing said they will "debut" the car at the North American International Auto Show (January 13, or the public opening on Jan. 18), so it will probably still have camo at the Roar.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 00:21 (Ref:3349557)   #25
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/ph...olex-24-setup/

Roar unloading pics!

Highlights:
  • Red Mazda SDR-14s
  • Black and Orange Park Place Porsches
  • Blue and white Muehlner Motorsport Porsches
  • Mystery LMP under blue and white cover
  • TRG still with bare carbon
  • OAK with their 2013 WEC livery again