Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 30 May 2015, 13:07 (Ref:3542843)   #26
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Seems not, all the links for streaming just go to youtube video advertising the fact its being broadcast live...

Confirmed by Flying Lizards that only live coverage will be CBS.
Wow, that's a bummer, even some of us in the US won't be able to watch it. (don't have cable/satellite)

Does make sense, though. If the networks are paying for live coverage, they usually don't like streaming alongside it.

Oh well. At least there's Twitter and Live Timing.
Old 30 May 2015, 13:12 (Ref:3542846)   #27
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In other news the #31 EFFORT Porsche will not make the start due to a crash in the short qualifying session.
Quote:
EFFORT Racing ‏@EFFORTRacing 15m15 minutes ago Thanks all for the messages. @Rengervdz is fine, but the #31 will not be repaired in time for Race 1.
And the #20 Dyson Bentley will not race after a practice crash yesterday.
Quote:
Dyson Racing Team ‏@DysonRacing 14h14 hours ago Unfortunately, our #20 car will not take part in this weekend's @WCRacing races at #DetroitGP following an on-track incident this morning.
Old 30 May 2015, 13:44 (Ref:3542853)   #28
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdriver2009 View Post
With no GT Cup, the races will be caution free. I keep reading how GT Cup needs to be moved somewhere else because they cause cautions in the GT race. These two races will be a good example of how GT Cup probably needs to be moved to the GTS race.
With the launch of Sprint X coming in 2016, I don't think they'll need to move GT Cup any longer. I also don't think they should move with GTS just b/c GTS is so good, they deserve to be their own show, not be the slower class again.

While I'm not a huge fan of GT Cup, the drivers did a great job in race 2 at Mosport of letting the faster cars by and still race each other hard. That was a great race.

This weekends racing will give us a sneak preview of Sprint X (or you could just check out any Blancpain Sprint race )
Old 30 May 2015, 13:45 (Ref:3542855)   #29
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No live stream today, but live tv tomorrow (and I think live stream as well) on cbssports network
Old 30 May 2015, 14:21 (Ref:3542876)   #30
ttdriver2009
Racer

ttdriver2009 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went out for a run, made sure to get back by the start of the race and it's not on. Is SCCA trying to kill this series off? It sure seems like it.
Old 30 May 2015, 14:25 (Ref:3542881)   #31
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just goes to show GT Racing doesn't want fans, was pretty clear at Silverstone last week too.
Old 30 May 2015, 14:31 (Ref:3542882)   #32
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You mean to say as a whole every GT racing series is pushing fans away? Just let me go grab my tin foil hat while I push the memory of the record crowd that went to the Philip Island 101 round of Australian GT.
Old 30 May 2015, 15:01 (Ref:3542904)   #33
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
You mean to say as a whole every GT racing series is pushing fans away? Just let me go grab my tin foil hat while I push the memory of the record crowd that went to the Philip Island 101 round of Australian GT.
Not at all, just some series seem to care more than others.
Old 30 May 2015, 15:05 (Ref:3542907)   #34
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Caution free solid race!

Still bummed we couldn't watch it live, but according to the series Twitter the races will be up on the site 72 hours after the CBS sports broadcast:

Quote:
World Challenge ‏@WCRacing 50m50 minutes ago Both rounds of the #DetroitGP qill be available on http://www.world-challengetv.com 72 hours after the @CBSSportsNet broadcast
Can't wait to be able to watch it!
Old 30 May 2015, 15:28 (Ref:3542918)   #35
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great race at Detroit.......I mean I didn't see it, but I heard it was great.

It was a bit frustrating to only learn of the lack of a livestream the morning of the race, but I guess we probably should have expected it, due to the live CBSsports broadcast.

I actually kinda enjoyed following the action via live timing and team twitter feeds. It reminded me of the days before the ALMS began streaming races on ESPN3. My family had discontinued our cable TV, so my brother and I would listen to the radio broadcasts with our eyes glued to the timing screen.
The races that were aired on national network TV stations (remember those?) were a real treat.

I'm really looking forward to watching the replay later. Awesome to see a Caution free race!
Old 30 May 2015, 22:43 (Ref:3543091)   #36
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Already been spoiled on the result, but the normal runners were up front of course. At least itll be on cbssports tomorrow.
Old 31 May 2015, 15:06 (Ref:3543421)   #37
ttdriver2009
Racer

Todays race has been canceled. Either double points for another race or rescheduled race.
Old 31 May 2015, 15:12 (Ref:3543423)   #38
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdriver2009 View Post
Todays race has been canceled. Either double points for another race or rescheduled race.
Sounds like PWC made the right call. Better safe than sorry.
Old 31 May 2015, 15:14 (Ref:3543425)   #39
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Dont understand why every other race is still on but Pirelli got cancelled.
Old 31 May 2015, 15:20 (Ref:3543427)   #40
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Both KPAX Flying Lizard drivers and Darren Law have said they think this is the right call. Estre actually said he thought they shouldn't run it before the race in a Flying Lizard Periscope live stream.

It's a bummer for sure, but better safe than sorry.
Old 31 May 2015, 15:31 (Ref:3543430)   #41
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't understand either . The PWC race was cancelled but all others are on ? Why ?

weather ? Lightning ?
Old 31 May 2015, 15:37 (Ref:3543433)   #42
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
I don't understand either . The PWC race was cancelled but all others are on ? Why ?

weather ? Lightning ?
Standing water was causing the RWD cars to hydroplane in a straight line according to the Lizards drivers.

I'm guessing that PWC is quite rightly nervous after yesterday's IMSA accident that involved, among other issues, rain.
Old 31 May 2015, 16:08 (Ref:3543440)   #43
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Standing water was causing the RWD cars to hydroplane in a straight line according to the Lizards drivers.

I'm guessing that PWC is quite rightly nervous after yesterday's IMSA accident that involved, among other issues, rain.
I am certain that PWC did Not need this issue to come up , Yet I am quite certain it was the right call to make . Safety should always be the number one priority .

How can the other Orgs proceed on ?
Did the Track Promoter Not have the right equipment to address the standing water ?
As relates to the accident with the safety crew yesterday Weather not withstanding that safety truck should NOT have been on a Hot Track at that time IMSA Race Control major mistake .
Old 31 May 2015, 16:10 (Ref:3543442)   #44
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
What other events were scheduled today?
The INDYCAR race isn't set to run until much later this afternoon, so conditions may have changed by then.
Disappointing that there will be no PWC round today, but judging by the various team twitter comments I've read, the series made the right call.
Old 31 May 2015, 16:28 (Ref:3543451)   #45
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
I am certain that PWC did Not need this issue to come up , Yet I am quite certain it was the right call to make . Safety should always be the number one priority .

How can the other Orgs proceed on ?Did the Track Promoter Not have the right equipment to address the standing water ?
Ah, sorry, misread your post, thought you were wondering at PWC canceling instead of questioning Indycar's call not to.
I would have expected Indycar to have at least delayed the Qualifying sessions, race isn't for some time yet. Very strange move by them.
Old 31 May 2015, 16:33 (Ref:3543452)   #46
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
From Kevin Estre's Twitter:

Quote:
kevin estre ‏@kevinestre 1h1 hour ago Race2 has been canceled due to bad weather. To give you an idea this was during morning warm up on the back straight.

Old 31 May 2015, 23:15 (Ref:3543570)   #47
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To bad they cancelled it,good call with what happened with Imsa and a car hitting the safety truck here last year under caution in pwc.

I guess I have cbs sports network, and I always record a lot of "auto racing" so the broadcast of the canceled race and yesterday's race was automatically recorded on my dvr.yesturdays race was pretty sweet,lots of good racing possibly best race so far.
Old 31 May 2015, 23:18 (Ref:3543571)   #48
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They were going to show highlights of yesterday and today's race in the 90 min slot today.
Old 31 May 2015, 23:55 (Ref:3543584)   #49
ttdriver2009
Racer

I can't find the link to Saturdays race. I was out doing errands and didn't get to see it today. I checked the World Challenge TV site but it's not there.
Old 1 Jun 2015, 02:46 (Ref:3543616)   #50
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
They were going to show highlights of yesterday and today's race in the 90 min slot today.
Yes but today's race was cancelled so the showed yesterday's entire race instead.