Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 22 Dec 2016, 18:29 (Ref:3697955)   #1251
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
So it's not even Christmas yet, and we are starting to get answers.

SOP - that's a no.
Hawken - perhaps he's a driver being considered by some teams?
HARD - a 3-car VW entry.
Halfords - Simpson in the third car.
Eurotech - no, just 2-car entry.
BKR - No.
Subaru - probably.
Belcher - No, 1-car entry.
Jordan - Yes.

Perhaps a new list of questions is required already?
Here's two from the top of my head...

Will Team Dynamics run run the Civic FK2 Type R's again or update to the new 10th Gen model?

Will BMR split into two teams (Subaru Works team: JP and Turkington? and Subaru Indy team: Scott and Cole)?
Old 22 Dec 2016, 19:47 (Ref:3697969)   #1252
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I never thought I'd say I missed 962 fan's rantings...
I don't. Not that the replacement is much of a step up. More of a regression I feel. There are a few reasons I tend not to post much on this thread.
Old 22 Dec 2016, 20:35 (Ref:3697976)   #1253
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
Will Team Dynamics run run the Civic FK2 Type R's again or update to the new 10th Gen model?
Not sure if this will help answer that
https://twitter.com/MattNealRacing/s...06143169708032
Old 22 Dec 2016, 22:52 (Ref:3698007)   #1254
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
With black as the base colour, it looks like a more balanced Yuasa/Halfords livery - unless the title sponsorship has changed?
Old 23 Dec 2016, 08:37 (Ref:3698068)   #1255
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
With black as the base colour, it looks like a more balanced Yuasa/Halfords livery - unless the title sponsorship has changed?
Possibly, or they'll wrap the orange onto the car at a later stage. Was it ever mentioned if the Halfords deal was a multi-year arrangement?

If Halfords drop out and Team Dynamics revert to a black livery the deja vu is overwhelming!
Old 23 Dec 2016, 09:30 (Ref:3698077)   #1256
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That wasn't the question. It was which team went from independent to works by earning the manufacturer's attention.

If it was a case of last true works teams then you're correct with 888. The RML deal was another of Plato's wheeler dealerings as far as I can recall.
As has been said already, 888 was formed specifically to run the Vauxhall team.

Of BTCC teams, you would have to go back much further... maybe the McCaig iteration of Ecurie Ecosse?

Schnitzer was "adopted" by BMW in Germany, and subsequently ran the BTCC effort, though this was some 30 years later.
Old 23 Dec 2016, 09:35 (Ref:3698079)   #1257
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Defo a 2016 shape car then. Not the new shape shell.
Old 23 Dec 2016, 09:54 (Ref:3698082)   #1258
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Defo a 2016 shape car then. Not the new shape shell.
Which is a shame as it confirms that Honda UK are not putting in enough money to 'force' them to run the new car for marketing.

However it's now a four-time proven package (the std hatch and the 'Type R' badged version) so still gonna be the one to beat!
Old 23 Dec 2016, 10:12 (Ref:3698085)   #1259
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Which is a shame as it confirms that Honda UK are not putting in enough money to 'force' them to run the new car for marketing.
Thats a bit harsh. The new car will be introduced in 2017, its not unusual that the race version follows a year later.
Old 23 Dec 2016, 10:43 (Ref:3698093)   #1260
SteveLevin
Rookie

United States
near the Corkscrew!
SteveLevin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Actually it's quite likely the reverse -- that Honda's marketing folk don't want to start promoting the new Civic yet because it's not available to the public. The more they push the next gen car, the harder it will be to move the last of the current generation Civic that's still on dealer forecourts or otherwise in the pipeline.
Old 23 Dec 2016, 11:01 (Ref:3698094)   #1261
5five
Rookie

5five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Read it on the internet forum, defo confirmed.
Old 23 Dec 2016, 13:24 (Ref:3698117)   #1262
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
Thats a bit harsh. The new car will be introduced in 2017, its not unusual that the race version follows a year later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
Actually it's quite likely the reverse -- that Honda's marketing folk don't want to start promoting the new Civic yet because it's not available to the public. The more they push the next gen car, the harder it will be to move the last of the current generation Civic that's still on dealer forecourts or otherwise in the pipeline.
Team Dynamics were pretty quick to use the current gen when few were on the roads, and both the tourer and Type R were on track just as/before the road cars launched so I'm just surprised that they've not pushed to get the new cars that's all.

Not saying keeping the current cars is a bad thing, just seems to be bucking their trend. And considering that the 10th gen is a radical change for Honda that's been designed to appeal to a different market than the current model, you'd have expected them to want it on track asap.

Last edited by BLiTZ; 23 Dec 2016 at 13:29.
Old 23 Dec 2016, 18:17 (Ref:3698164)   #1263
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
Entirely correct Steve. I had posted a while back that I believed this would be the case and for this exact reason.

Speaking to a friend of mine within Honda today he confirmed it and also said he understands the Mk 10 Type R will be the basis of the 2018 BTCC car.
Old 24 Dec 2016, 14:25 (Ref:3698273)   #1264
lukej
Rookie

lukej should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With TD/Honda it's definitely a case of not putting the car out until it's available. Honda have only just released this Type R in the last 2 years and have a lot of FK stock to shift. If I'm not mistaken, the reason the tourer was uses was as a stop gap until the current Type R was available.

Side note, the support of Honda is not diminishing, the company I work for supplied TD with some kit last year and we won't for 2017 because Honda want uniformity across their "factory" touring car efforts. For clarity, this is because they are now a much bigger partner for the team and so TD have had their hands forced. They were very apologetic, it's just business.

Luke
Old 24 Dec 2016, 21:52 (Ref:3698355)   #1265
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukej View Post
With TD/Honda it's definitely a case of not putting the car out until it's available. Honda have only just released this Type R in the last 2 years and have a lot of FK stock to shift. If I'm not mistaken, the reason the tourer was uses was as a stop gap until the current Type R was available.

Side note, the support of Honda is not diminishing, the company I work for supplied TD with some kit last year and we won't for 2017 because Honda want uniformity across their "factory" touring car efforts. For clarity, this is because they are now a much bigger partner for the team and so TD have had their hands forced. They were very apologetic, it's just business.

Luke
Sounds promising!
Old 29 Dec 2016, 10:12 (Ref:3698954)   #1266
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WIX announcing what they are doing for 2017, heard they won't be with Ciceley but where will they move & will they expand sponsorship? Or will they disappear from BTCC, I hope not the later!
Old 29 Dec 2016, 10:52 (Ref:3698958)   #1267
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
WIX announcing what they are doing for 2017, heard they won't be with Ciceley but where will they move & will they expand sponsorship? Or will they disappear from BTCC, I hope not the later!
Adam Morgan says the WIX AND Ciceley announcement has been delayed to the 3rd, seems they are very connected so I would imagine they will be back with Ciceley and Morgan.
Old 29 Dec 2016, 12:09 (Ref:3698969)   #1268
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
My guess would be that the Ciceley BTCC team will be WIX Racing, with Adam Morgan.
And the announcement is connected to the Clio Cup Cicelely entry, which will also be entered under the WIX Racing banner.
Old 29 Dec 2016, 16:21 (Ref:3698987)   #1269
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can't see Wix leaving Cicely either, they should still be together in 2017
Old 29 Dec 2016, 17:33 (Ref:3699000)   #1270
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
My guess would be that the Ciceley BTCC team will be WIX Racing, with Adam Morgan.
And the announcement is connected to the Clio Cup Cicelely entry, which will also be entered under the WIX Racing banner.
Certainly looks that way, obviously the expansion rumoured includes the Clio's. Was surprised to hear that they might not continue together but fingers crossed it will be just an increased involvement.
Old 29 Dec 2016, 18:55 (Ref:3699014)   #1271
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
essentially Morgan is confirmed back with WIX

still surprised that there are no rumors on the Motorbase drivers , could bet one is Aron Smith

Team Dynamics - Honda Civic - Matt Neal
Team Dynamics - Honda Civic - Gordon Shedden
Simpson Racing - Honda Civic - Mat Simpson

Eurotech - Honda Civic - Jeff Smith ???
Eurotech - Honda Civic - ????

Speedworks - Toyota Avensis - Tom Ingram

Handy Motorsport - Toyota Avensis - Rob Austin ?

PMR - Vauxhall Astra - Senna Proctor
PMR - vauxhall Astra - Tom Chilton

BMR - Subaru Levorg - Jason Plato
BMR - Subaru Levorg - Colin Turkington
BMR - Subaru Levorg - Warren Scott ???
BMR - Subaru Levorg - James Cole ?

888 - MG - Ash Sutton ??
888 - MG - ???

WSR - BMW 125 - Andrew Jordan
WSR - BMW 125 - Rob Collard ????
WSR - BMW 125 - ????

Motorbase - Ford Focus - Mat Jackson
Motorbase - Ford Focus - ???
Motorbase - Ford Focus - ???

Cicely Racing - Mercedes A-Class - Adam Morgan

Laser Tools - Mercedes A-Class - Aidan Moffat

AMD - Audi S3 - Ollie Jackson
AMD - Audi S3 - ??????

HARD - VW CC - Will Burns
HARD - VW CC - Mike Epps
HARD - VW CC - ?????

Dextra - Ford Focus - Alex Martin ?????

Maximum - Ford Focus - Stewart Lines ???

BTC Norlin - Chevrolet Cruze - Chris Smiley
BTC Norlin - Chevrolet Cruze - Dave Newsham
Old 30 Dec 2016, 19:53 (Ref:3699192)   #1272
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Latest tweet from Aiden Moffat hints that Stewart Lines will be back next year, presumably for Maximum Motorsport.

They could get a better driver in that car in my opinion, but nothing confirmed as of yet...
Old 30 Dec 2016, 20:40 (Ref:3699200)   #1273
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
Latest tweet from Aiden Moffat hints that Stewart Lines will be back next year, presumably for Maximum Motorsport.

They could get a better driver in that car in my opinion, but nothing confirmed as of yet...
Lines always said once he'd reached his full potential, if the results weren't good enough he'd stand down. So I guess 2017 could be his last season as he's now got the experience and all cars will be RML spec, so his results will be a true reflection on his level. Wonder if Welch will still run the car for Maximum as they did for the majority of this year?
Old 1 Jan 2017, 12:16 (Ref:3699527)   #1274
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rob Austin

Quote:
The 2017 season is looking very exciting, lots of work and progress happening behind the scenes including staying...

guess he stays Handy
Old 1 Jan 2017, 14:55 (Ref:3699533)   #1275
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Rob Austin

guess he stays Handy
Why cut the quote off at staying, when the next words are 'in shape'?

His intent is to stay at Handy, but that quote is not made in context of which seat he will occupy in 2017.

'but if I can put the deal together and get back on the grid, in that car with Handy Motorsport, then I feel I’ll finally have a fair shot at this'