Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Feb 2017, 11:38 (Ref:3710455)   #76
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Marlboro McLaren of 92 was my favourite, personally.

Grew up loving the Larousse Lola's too.

Old 6 Feb 2017, 13:46 (Ref:3710488)   #77
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is mine, for the very simple reason its the first ever F1 car I touched, and believe it or not sat in ( I was much smaller when I was in my early teens) and being Bognor born & bred had several opportunities
Attached Thumbnails
1280px-LEC_CRP1.jpg  
Old 7 Feb 2017, 18:41 (Ref:3710756)   #78
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When I first got into F1, one livery I always liked was Yardley's, initially used by BRM and then McLaren. I like the way McLaren incorporated their traditional Orange, which was also in keeping with sponsor Gulf.
Attached Thumbnails
09a75ea5afb12d710d823b04f0eb9255.jpg   Denis-Hulme-McLaren-1972-fotoshowBigImage-10db01da-444791.jpg  
Old 9 Feb 2017, 21:16 (Ref:3711287)   #79
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ATS colours always looked cool on the Penske.
Attached Thumbnails
e892f6ec1f5bd4dc8acdef9e50efe163.jpg  
Old 9 Feb 2017, 21:26 (Ref:3711292)   #80
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Actually the ATS colours were actually quite good looking
Old 10 Feb 2017, 04:04 (Ref:3711329)   #81
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Early shots of the 2017 Merc have been released,. The FIA says it's all good.

We should only be so lucky!
Old 11 Feb 2017, 22:00 (Ref:3711583)   #82
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
The Gitanes livery was always gorgeous, especially with Didier behind the wheel.
Attached Thumbnails
27069_103805732983610_4537506_n.jpg  
Old 12 Feb 2017, 07:45 (Ref:3711631)   #83
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Mais non! The real deal is the Flying Teapot Ligier JS 5 - I even smoked the bloody awful Gitanes things for a time as an homage before the siren call of Marlboro lured me away .
Old 12 Feb 2017, 10:24 (Ref:3711658)   #84
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Mais non! The real deal is the Flying Teapot Ligier JS 5 - I even smoked the bloody awful Gitanes things for a time as an homage before the siren call of Marlboro lured me away .
Bet everyone you knew was heartily relieved too!
Old 14 Feb 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3712063)   #85
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Jordan 191 and 192 come to that

Essex Lotus

Sauber C12

Camel Lotus

the Marlboro Alfa's (always seems a bit more dayglow that McLaren!)

Any properly Scarlet Ferrari

the Red/Blue Parmalat Brabham (was the red a nod to Alfa?)

The Chesterfield Lola!

Leyton House/March
Old 14 Feb 2017, 15:41 (Ref:3712136)   #86
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Ferraris aren't scarlet, they're Rosso corsa. Though the colour has varied over the years - they made it brighter to accommodate TV, and switched back to something like the original colour in (I think) 2007.
Old 14 Feb 2017, 18:41 (Ref:3712165)   #87
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Another take on the Gitanes colours, i always thought the JS33 was a gorgeous car as well.
Attached Thumbnails
12010681_903791003037430_5590923301233558407_o.jpg  
Old 14 Feb 2017, 21:50 (Ref:3712203)   #88
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Ferraris aren't scarlet, they're Rosso corsa. Though the colour has varied over the years - they made it brighter to accommodate TV, and switched back to something like the original colour in (I think) 2007.
They changed it in 1997 to Marlboro red.
Old 15 Feb 2017, 07:09 (Ref:3712306)   #89
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Lol that maybe accurate but try and find a write up about Ferrari racing cars of lore that refers to them as anything other than scarlet
Old 15 Feb 2017, 09:28 (Ref:3712344)   #90
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Not quite accurate.

An Italian colleague has said that:

'Rosso Corsa until 1996
Marlboro Red from 1997
Rosso Scuderia in mid 2007
Nuovo Rosso Scuderia from 2008'

They are also keen to remind people that 'Ferrari e non solo rosse'
Old 15 Feb 2017, 10:08 (Ref:3712352)   #91
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
Another take on the Gitanes colours, i always thought the JS33 was a gorgeous car as well.
The 1995 Ligier was also a gorgeous looking car, in my eyes
Old 15 Feb 2017, 10:21 (Ref:3712355)   #92
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Not quite accurate.

An Italian colleague has said that:

'Rosso Corsa until 1996
Marlboro Red from 1997
Rosso Scuderia in mid 2007
Nuovo Rosso Scuderia from 2008'

They are also keen to remind people that 'Ferrari e non solo rosse'
Just to demonstrate the difference, the range of colours for models are available here.