Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 16 Oct 2017, 19:15 (Ref:3774556)   #1
austina40
Rookie

austina40 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AUSTIN A40 in Competition

I am looking to find information on the Austin A40 Farina in all kinds of motorsport past, present and future in light of this I am asking anyone who runs or has run a A40 Farina in motorsport to contact me so we can arrange to email me this information on a ongoing basis

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
Old 16 Oct 2017, 22:04 (Ref:3774570)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by austina40 View Post
I am looking to find information on the Austin A40 Farina in all kinds of motorsport past, present and future in light of this I am asking anyone who runs or has run a A40 Farina in motorsport to contact me so we can arrange to email me this information on a ongoing basis

Pete Bevan who posts on here ran an A40 in the 60s, he's the son of George Bevan of Imp fame he also has a Facebook page.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Oct 2017, 22:34 (Ref:3774573)   #3
rallycrosscraig
Racer

rallycrosscraig has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Pete Bevan who posts on here ran an A40 in the 60s, he's the son of George Bevan of Imp fame he also has a Facebook page.
Some Great Info here

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38346&page=8

Would love to hear what happened to the blue and silver ex Bevan A40 that was found in original
Barn find condition a few years ago in Scotland and was briefly for sale?
Old 17 Oct 2017, 15:48 (Ref:3774680)   #4
Eric.D
Rookie

England
Bedfordshire
Eric.D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by austina40 View Post

I recently read a biography of Champion cyclist Reg Harris which mentions a 4 lap match race at Silverstone between Reg and motor cycle World Champion Geoff Duke in A40's which Harris won.
Old 17 Nov 2017, 11:58 (Ref:3780957)   #5
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Billy Shepherd Ran a 1.litre A.40 in the Triplex series back in my day.
Old 17 Nov 2017, 16:40 (Ref:3781032)   #6
Andy Clegg
Racer

Andy Clegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was it Peter Cartlidge that raced an red A40 in the 70's?
Old 17 Nov 2017, 22:23 (Ref:3781124)   #7
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He certainly raced an A40 but not sure of the colour. Seem to think it may have been Ford powered at some stage.
Old 17 Nov 2017, 22:26 (Ref:3781126)   #8
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not mentioned yet - John Blankley ran an 1800cc MGB powered A40 up north back in the late 60s/early 70s. Sometimes known as the Rockcliffe A40. Very fast but a bit fragile. It was a mid-blue colour IIRC.
Old 19 Nov 2017, 11:06 (Ref:3781455)   #9
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I remember a few A40's in the small engined special saloon races driven by Steven Minoprio, Mike Cave and Rodney Bloor but the most remembered is the Chevrolet engined one of Brian Tarrant.
Old 19 Nov 2017, 11:59 (Ref:3781467)   #10
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brian, of course, tragically died in that car at Thruxton
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 20 Nov 2017, 09:07 (Ref:3781627)   #11
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I was at this meeting in May 1963 for the Molyslip Saloon Car Championship at Brands. At the time there were quite a few very quick A40s including Chris Airey.

Unfortunately after going off track at the then (bottom bend) he got back on too quickly, rolled four times and the seat came loose during the rolls and he was partially thrown out of the door. I actually witnessed this and I seem to remember that the car had a fibreglass floor ? This brought home to me that motor racing was dangerous however it didn't stop me from partaking for 45 years !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Dec 2018, 08:47 (Ref:3869607)   #12
stutar
Rookie

stutar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a quick update on Peter Bevan A40, my friend bought the car at auction in 2010 and I have recently done some work on it, it is now up for sale again
Old 20 Jul 2019, 04:51 (Ref:3918566)   #13
Bevan IMP
Rookie

Bevan IMP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bevan A40

Just to confirm that the Bevan A40 is now safely back in the Family !!!
Restoration of the “Original Shell” will start late 2019.
Looking forward letting my dad have a drive after 50 odd years !
Jonathan ...