Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 Jan 2018, 22:12 (Ref:3791070)   #51
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know where is actually placed the daytona speed trap, next to brake point like spa or far from it like silverstone; but taking for genuine the speed shown by this HUD, last year riley lmp2 in no draft condition, basically wasn't able to go beyond 186mph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTeOFIAfCaw
Old 6 Jan 2018, 22:16 (Ref:3791072)   #52
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyway, a SoR driver last year revealed that the car was terribly loose on rear and lacked of overall stiffness. Perphas the team had to load wings to have a decent balance and stability
Old 6 Jan 2018, 22:28 (Ref:3791078)   #53
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Anyway, a SoR driver last year revealed that the car was terribly loose on rear and lacked of overall stiffness. Perphas the team had to load wings to have a decent balance and stability
They are still using the old suspension, because the new parts (suspension arms, bellhousing, dampers/springs, used on the Mazda) didn't arrive in time for this car for the Roar, however they are using the new aero. Maybe the new aero needs the new suspension to work fine, and the current convination of new aero with old suspension makes the car performance even worse than last year.

Who knows, I'll wait for the practice's note.
Old 7 Jan 2018, 02:54 (Ref:3791116)   #54
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post

Good to see both Mazdas under 1:40, and the #77 posted a 1:38.1.
Still off the pace, I'm not really optimistic for the race and that's without discussing the AER timebomb in the back. Hopefully they inherit the Joest good luck and gain some speed.
Old 7 Jan 2018, 03:11 (Ref:3791119)   #55
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I'm just looking for progress here.

Besides, who, other than Cadillac, is actually "on the pace"?
Old 7 Jan 2018, 06:03 (Ref:3791137)   #56
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I'm just looking for progress here.

Besides, who, other than Cadillac, is actually "on the pace"?
Oreca is the closest, again. I don't expect much from Mazda or the Riley. I thought IMSA dictates the wing angles? Maybe they'll let Mazda run the rear wing flat if that's the case.
Old 7 Jan 2018, 11:16 (Ref:3791164)   #57
canaglia
Veteran

Ok flat wings and they will get some top speed for sure, but they will got just that....

I like simple answers to simple questions:

1) do you want the best lmp2?
buy an oreca

2) do you want the best looking lmp2?
buy a ligier

3) do you like dallara too?
buy it but be sure to put your hands on the caddy package

4) what about riley?
just garbage

do you recall this pic?

guess there is enough room for riley lmp2 too close to some dumpster
Old 7 Jan 2018, 12:34 (Ref:3791174)   #58
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Hate to sound cynical, but Joest never had parts supply issues when he was with Audi and Porsche.
Old 7 Jan 2018, 16:37 (Ref:3791203)   #59
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
They are still using the old suspension, because the new parts (suspension arms, bellhousing, dampers/springs, used on the Mazda) didn't arrive in time for this car for the Roar, however they are using the new aero. Maybe the new aero needs the new suspension to work fine, and the current convination of new aero with old suspension makes the car performance even worse than last year.

Who knows, I'll wait for the practice's note.
I quote myself to correct. Yesterday the Multimatic was already using the new rear suspension. So, maybe they are starting from zero with the setup.

Old 7 Jan 2018, 16:54 (Ref:3791206)   #60
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hello my dear friends, please don’t shout at me but is there no stream for the qualifying? Seems strange if so since the cameras and equipment were set up for the prototype race yesterday.
Old 7 Jan 2018, 16:57 (Ref:3791207)   #61
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Hello my dear friends, please don’t shout at me but is there no stream for the qualifying? Seems strange if so since the cameras and equipment were set up for the prototype race yesterday.
That's indeed what they were for. No vision for this one.
Old 7 Jan 2018, 17:24 (Ref:3791213)   #62
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1-2-3-4 Cadillac in qualy so far
Old 7 Jan 2018, 17:27 (Ref:3791214)   #63
kvenom
Veteran

At least Tincknell is going for it 1:37.2, fastest lap of the weekend for Mazda, still 0.9 off the top though.
Old 7 Jan 2018, 17:36 (Ref:3791215)   #64
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BoP seems fine
Old 7 Jan 2018, 17:36 (Ref:3791216)   #65
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
If IMSA makes with BoP the Cadillacs 1 second slower, the rest of the grid it's all in the same second. A lot better than last year.

The Multimatic showed finally some speed. Still far but for the first time into 1.39
Old 7 Jan 2018, 17:56 (Ref:3791221)   #66
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well at least we can't say the Cadillacs are filled with sand.
Old 7 Jan 2018, 18:01 (Ref:3791223)   #67
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
13 cars in the same second, it's really impressive. The Cadillacs ruins the party being so fast. I'm not sure if the Ligier and Nissan were benefited with the aero upgrade.

Acura, Nissan and Mazda mixed with the LMP2 as they look today is what we should see all the time.
Old 7 Jan 2018, 19:07 (Ref:3791229)   #68
Makaze
Racer

Makaze has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Still shows the Cadillacs engines should be max 5.0 L.

At 6.2L they was very little stressed performance wise and at 5.5L are still stressed little(but revs better now).
Old 7 Jan 2018, 20:26 (Ref:3791239)   #69
canaglia
Veteran

IMSA should try to give 40kg extra ballast to cadillac's and cut 30kg from oreca/ligier. Caddys need to lose more than half second, oreca and ligier need to gain one.
5L is the worst displacement for a NA; too much large to have good consumes, not enough large to have turbo torque levles.

Best solution: IMSA should force GM to drop the V8 and suggest them to use the V6 twin turbo from the cadillac gt3.
Old 7 Jan 2018, 20:38 (Ref:3791244)   #70
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good run by the Acuras, 1 seg behind the Cadillacs in their first meeting. They´ll be a match for them once they evolve the package.
Old 7 Jan 2018, 20:41 (Ref:3791246)   #71
canaglia
Veteran

BTW can someone confirm if this pic tells the truth?

is daytona speedtrap placed so far away from first corner brake point ?
Old 7 Jan 2018, 21:08 (Ref:3791251)   #72
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Grasser is 2 car team. They will be very happy with the garage/pit location. Ford too. I don't think Mustang Sampling can pair up with Whelan though.

The team that will have the longest distance between their garage and pit stall. CORE autosport Oreca will be right at pit exit I think.
Old 7 Jan 2018, 21:56 (Ref:3791262)   #73
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Cadillac again fastest in the last practice session. Looking like a walkover for them barring any issues. The only hope is the race-pace isn't as big of a gap we've seen.
Old 7 Jan 2018, 22:24 (Ref:3791268)   #74
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
It doesnt explain the gap with the others, but who really thinks penske is showing their full pace? Or that they won't find more between now and daytona?

What were the performance gaps last roar? Are we at least dealing with a lesser gulf this year? Because if so, considering the balance was about perfect by seasons end, I wouldn't be discouraged. Also, I'll mention again, cadillac is the most sorted package with the most testing and the most number of teams working simultaneously on the same package for more ideas to come through and realize greater performance. I don't know that I would feel quite right if the best and most sorted package was nerfed down to the lesser packages' performance.
Old 7 Jan 2018, 22:35 (Ref:3791273)   #75
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Well at least we can't say the Cadillacs are filled with sand.
Or maybe...