Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Aug 2016, 12:15 (Ref:3668380)   #26
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is there any rule which would prevent Dynamics to stick the TOCA unit at Silverstone and use their own engine back at Brands ?

cos I am sure they have all the data from Eurotech and they could do it quietly without press release
Old 29 Aug 2016, 13:22 (Ref:3668389)   #27
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
is there any rule which would prevent Dynamics to stick the TOCA unit at Silverstone and use their own engine back at Brands ?

'1.16.1. After the pre-season BTCC Official test day (see CR 6.11) and prior to any use in any testing or Meetings, all competitors shall have all their engines marked and identified by the BTCC Chief Scrutineer and/or the BTCC Technical Commissioner and/or the BTCC Eligibility Scrutineer. In the event that an engine requires replacement, the BTCC Chief Scrutineer and/or the BTCC Technical Commissioner and/or the BTCC Eligibility Scrutineer must be notified prior to same, approve such replacement and inform the BTCC Clerk of the replacement. The engine that has been replaced shall be placed under the control of the BTCC Chief Scrutineer and/or the BTCC Technical Commissioner and/or the BTCC Eligibility Scrutineer and may be subject to conformity checks to the Regulations.
1.16.2. Each registered entrant is permitted to use a maximum of two engines during the course of the Championship. If any car does not participate in all rounds of the Championship this allocation shall be reduced in accordance with 1.16.8. It is permitted to change an engine without penalty provided that the seals are not removed, broken or altered in any way.
An engine will be deemed to have been used once the car in which it is fitted takes part in any part of any authorised test session / shakedown test / Practice / Qualifying session or start procedure e.g. once it has left the team's allocated Pit then it will be deemed to have been used.
The temporary changeover of a TOCA lease-engine during the course of a Championship Meeting may count as one engine change, subject to the prior approval of the Administrator.'

So - provided that the Administrator, the BTCC Chief Scrutineer and/or the BTCC Technical Commissioner and/or the BTCC Eligibility Scrutineer all agree to the change, and that they are willing to release the engine back, then it is technically possible.
Given everything that has been discussed regarding engine performance measures so far, do you really think Alan Gow will allow a team to swap engine(s) for a higher powered unit at will?

It would also be marketing suicide for Dynamics, as even without press release, others in the paddock would clearly see the different engine fitted in the car and make it public.
Old 29 Aug 2016, 13:47 (Ref:3668396)   #28
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Honda engine this year has a very unique tone - more akin to the 2000 Accord supertourer than most NGTC cars - so I think almost everyone would notice that!

I don't see the major issue with the current unit. It might not be the quickest in a straight line, but the fact they are 2nd and 3rd in the Championship says to me it's not exactly like the Welch Proton unit either.
Old 29 Aug 2016, 14:27 (Ref:3668402)   #29
porsche962fan
Veteran

looking at standings it's Tordoff's to lose with Mat Jackson as dark horse , can't see Honda winning unless Tordoff gets a bad weekend at Silverstone , wonder if Collard will be rear gunner

1 Sam Tordoff 258
2 Matt Neal 253
3 Gordon Shedden 238
4 Mat Jackson 230
5 Rob Collard 227
Old 29 Aug 2016, 14:27 (Ref:3668403)   #30
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
, bit cheeky by Flash to suggest Scott deliberately bought out the SC.
From where I was sitting that's exactly what Warren Scott did!
Old 29 Aug 2016, 16:03 (Ref:3668421)   #31
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I think Tordoff will struggle at Silverstone, the BMW has historically not gone well there. I still think a Honda will win the title.
Old 30 Aug 2016, 10:03 (Ref:3668594)   #32
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicross424 View Post
From where I was sitting that's exactly what Warren Scott did!
TBH I found it a bit strange too. I did wonder if his retirement reason should be 'Nelson Piquet Jr'! I've yet to hear the official reason why
Old 30 Aug 2016, 15:20 (Ref:3668633)   #33
porsche962fan
Veteran

Poultry

now confirmed Motorbase got their first ever BTCC title , they are Indy Team champions

and by the looks of it Jordan will get the Indy Champion title
Old 31 Aug 2016, 09:44 (Ref:3668757)   #34
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I love the fact that the Motorbase team has a title in the series and the other indy title is not over yet
Old 31 Aug 2016, 15:18 (Ref:3668795)   #35
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
looking at standings it's Tordoff's to lose with Mat Jackson as dark horse , can't see Honda winning unless Tordoff gets a bad weekend at Silverstone , wonder if Collard will be rear gunner

1 Sam Tordoff 258
2 Matt Neal 253
3 Gordon Shedden 238
4 Mat Jackson 230
5 Rob Collard 227
Jackson. Silverstone. Eyes peeled.
Old 31 Aug 2016, 21:29 (Ref:3668825)   #36
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A bit late but here is my pics n vid from Sundays action if anyone interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ib_PfpQ0XA

https://www.flickr.com/photos/geordi...57673002287646
Old 1 Sep 2016, 08:12 (Ref:3668878)   #37
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I think Tordoff will struggle at Silverstone, the BMW has historically not gone well there. I still think a Honda will win the title.
Maybe not the most suited circuit to the BMW, but WSR still managed to bag a win and a couple of podiums in 2015. I think Turkington was also on the podium twice in 2014 so don't write off the team yet.