Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Oct 2017, 10:36 (Ref:3775601)   #76
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Story Here

Penalty for causing the enormous wreck in Tassie..
Of course it was. Thanks GTR. I was there and should have remembered......
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 22 Oct 2017, 11:40 (Ref:3775610)   #77
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Bloody hell!

CrashTest has been rocking the images this weekend..
When one needs to lean over and pass gas
Old 22 Oct 2017, 21:04 (Ref:3775700)   #78
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Now if he had had 3 years in Super2...
Richo has tunnel vision, he always turns in on people.
Old 23 Oct 2017, 01:35 (Ref:3775772)   #79
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah Richo turned into him there, 50/50 collision. Just a shame it put the car out because the same incident could happen 100 more times and they'd be fine. Look at the impact Dumbrell/Owen had, much faster/hard, and they're both fine and drive away, Owen to win the race once his superior team mate got in.

They would have been enduro champs if not for that. But Stanaway still did a pretty great job throughout, and showed he's just as fast in dry conditions.
Old 23 Oct 2017, 01:47 (Ref:3775775)   #80
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Like the new crop of youngsters nipping at the heels of the big boys

Stanaway, Hazlewood and Jacobsen in particular.

Makes so much more sense to get our own young blokes in as co-drivers rather than importing all those overseas goons who could hardly get off the start line...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 23 Oct 2017, 02:03 (Ref:3775778)   #81
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Richo has tunnel vision, he always turns in on people.
Bright, Lowndes, etc all do it. Seems almost generational.

As time has gone on, dive-bombing went from being delinquent behaviour, to becoming totally normal, and to be expected.

Drivers from the last 10-15 years seem to me, to leave that car-width to the apex when a competitor appears in their side mirror.

That pass they showed on the telecast eleventy times, between McLaughlin in the Volvo and Mr Winterbottom, could've been a complete catasrophe had Winterbottom defended the corner right to the apex. Sure, he lost a spot... but it could've been a lot worse.
Old 23 Oct 2017, 02:34 (Ref:3775783)   #82
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post

Makes so much more sense to get our own young blokes in as co-drivers rather than importing all those overseas goons who could hardly get off the start line...
And shows off the benefit of keeping the main driver in their own cars for the enduros. Had the teams put the aces into one car, and whoever in the second one, it’s doubtful the youngsters would get that kind of a go.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 23 Oct 2017, 02:46 (Ref:3775786)   #83
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post

I would add leBrocq to that list.

But agree with your comment
Old 23 Oct 2017, 19:21 (Ref:3775951)   #84
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great weekend of racing, was passing through for work on Friday and I thought the crowd was much bigger than I remembered past crowds - it's been about 4-5 years since I've been to GC on Friday though.

You know the racing is world class when you actually finish watching the Supercars before you put the MotoGP on
Old 24 Oct 2017, 09:55 (Ref:3776061)   #85
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah and what a Moto GP race that was! All top 8 bikes running nose to tail for 25 laps!

Boy I'm glad we're getting some good Moto GP these last few years and gone are the days of only Honda and Yamaha winning races a lap ahead of the rest.
Old 24 Oct 2017, 10:05 (Ref:3776065)   #86
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I watched the Supercars until the start of MotoGP and then switched back over after the bikes finished. Nothing against Supercars but MotoGP has seen some cracking races this year so I didn't want to miss another one.
Old 25 Oct 2017, 08:12 (Ref:3776330)   #87
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And shows off the benefit of keeping the main driver in their own cars for the enduros. Had the teams put the aces into one car, and whoever in the second one, it’s doubtful the youngsters would get that kind of a go.
Wouldn't they then get a go under less scrutiny and pressure in the second car?

Young drivers still came through in the days when teams were free to do as they wished driver wise
Old 26 Oct 2017, 10:30 (Ref:3776559)   #88
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I watched the Supercars until the start of MotoGP and then switched back over after the bikes finished. Nothing against Supercars but MotoGP has seen some cracking races this year so I didn't want to miss another one.
Meanwhile, I stood flag in hand, comset on , wet one day, burnt the next, and bugger, missed the scooters at the island.

Maybe next year will travel home to go to Philip Island instead of the GC
Old 26 Oct 2017, 22:28 (Ref:3776688)   #89
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Meanwhile, I stood flag in hand, comset on , wet one day, burnt the next, and bugger, missed the scooters at the island.

Maybe next year will travel home to go to Philip Island instead of the GC
Maybe I'll see you there next year when Im living a bit closer.

Thanks for taking the time to flag, the event wouldnt happen without the volunteers