Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Aug 2005, 10:08 (Ref:1388145)   #1
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari challenge castle combe

Just had a look at the entry list for the races at combe on bank hloiday monday,the classic ferrari race has 15 entry's wilst the so called main races[there's two] has a pityful 7.

Think its time to look at this i'm hoping the organisers will put both classes together cause i for one are not going to be happy seeing just seven cars have two 20 minute races, ten laps would be bad enough.

I don't part with my hard earned cash to watch something like this its not entertainment a grid two thirds empty when it should be the other way around!
Old 22 Aug 2005, 13:34 (Ref:1388359)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not good news: the seven have become six and the 15 have become 14. Given that we have 11 races, a late finish and hardly any lunch break perhaps these could be merged; the two Alfa races could also be joined together, as could the Fiestas and the Fiats.

Then we'd be back to just eight races, but full grids, a longer lunch and we could be all finished by 5pm!
Old 22 Aug 2005, 15:12 (Ref:1388451)   #3
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surely better to stick to 11 races, finish late and P**s off those jerks that got Coombe in trouble by complaining. Ooops , not very PC of me !!!!!
Old 22 Aug 2005, 15:16 (Ref:1388454)   #4
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Or would they be more annoyed by fewer races with more cars in them?
Old 22 Aug 2005, 18:22 (Ref:1388597)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It doesn't matter, they'll be annoyed whatever.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 22:27 (Ref:1388781)   #6
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
Not good news: the seven have become six and the 15 have become 14. Given that we have 11 races, a late finish and hardly any lunch break perhaps these could be merged; the two Alfa races could also be joined together, as could the Fiestas and the Fiats.

Then we'd be back to just eight races, but full grids, a longer lunch and we could be all finished by 5pm!
Yes its not the first time the fiats have run with something else at combe,totally agree with you ian.

If they do just run six cars on there own it would just go to show that the BRSCC don't give a toss about joe public's entertainment,if that's all the championship can muster then it does not deserve championship status in the first place or two races.

Would be good to have somebody from the BRSCC to reply to this post?
Old 23 Aug 2005, 06:24 (Ref:1388925)   #7
Ian Sowman
Veteran

The thing is, the Ferraris have not had more than about nine cars all of this season, and it was no better last. Yet it still keeps being advertised as one of the races of the day...
Old 23 Aug 2005, 10:23 (Ref:1389122)   #8
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Grandslammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari "Challenge"

......for the Spectators and Marshals I presume
Old 23 Aug 2005, 10:43 (Ref:1389138)   #9
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
Quote:
The thing is, the Ferraris have not had more than about nine cars all of this season, and it was no better last. Yet it still keeps being advertised as one of the races of the day...
which is a waste of track time, spectators cash,marshalls time!

If it can't cut the mustard then either amalgamate it with the classic's or drop the championship completely.

Ferrari may have plenty of clout in F1 but in ain't in british motorsport no championship deserves a place on any race meeting with only six cars!
Old 23 Aug 2005, 11:00 (Ref:1389165)   #10
Ian Sowman
Veteran

I worked out this morning that you could run this meeting with six qualifying sessions and seven races. So you could start at 9.30am, have an hour for lunch, extend all the (now very full) races to 20 minutes and still be finished by 5.30pm. I think it would be a much better event as a result!
Old 23 Aug 2005, 11:40 (Ref:1389199)   #11
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
Quote:
I worked out this morning that you could run this meeting with six qualifying sessions and seven races. So you could start at 9.30am, have an hour for lunch, extend all the (now very full) races to 20 minutes and still be finished by 5.30pm. I think it would be a much better event as a result!
Yes ian but i doubt the BRSCC see it from your point of view,think all of us would rather see things that way

Perhaps they ought to put you in charge

or not
Old 29 Aug 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1393908)   #12
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
I bloody well knew it the BRSCC ought to ashamed of themselves allowing 5 cars to have a 20minute race it was a total farce!

It makes my blood boil when us spectators have got to sit through such utter rubbish,not only is it bad for motorsport but also for the circuit.

We left before the end after the quality fford race as i could bear to sit through another shortened this time [by 5 mins that's all]ferrari race.

We never leave before the end of a meeting at castle combe they should have moved it to the last race of the day instead of putting us through this pityfull crap.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 20:12 (Ref:1394840)   #13
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Something tells me he didn't like that meeting....

C'mon British motorsport clubs, get yerself sorted - common sense CAN be useful sometimes.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 20:35 (Ref:1394863)   #14
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Something tells me he didn't like that meeting....

C'mon British motorsport clubs, get yerself sorted - common sense CAN be useful sometimes.
It wasn't the meeting so much Bob most of it was good it was just the way the ferrari's were allowed to have a 20 minute race then a 15 min for only 5 cars it was pityfull, common sense huh they don't know what the words mean!!
Old 31 Aug 2005, 11:14 (Ref:1395413)   #15
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there a decent BRSCC website? I haven't had a look at them for ages, last time I checked their site was fairly poor, but I'd say if there's an email or comments option then try having a word...