Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Mar 2015, 17:46 (Ref:3511245)   #126
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
However as spectators attending a race we need to be able to identify the drivers ..
Lewis was always an easy one because his helmet looked like Senna's
Old 3 Mar 2015, 17:56 (Ref:3511248)   #127
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
And still, all they need is larger numbers. After all, driver branding phooey - they aren't interviewed in their helmets.
I've never understood the lack of number panel, or consistent color/placement/size on the car.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 3 Mar 2015, 19:21 (Ref:3511281)   #128
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
However as spectators attending a race we need to be able to identify the drivers ..
i found that the quieter engines helped with this as people can actually talk to and hear each other at the track.

a few from my group had 2014 subscriptions for the live telemetry app so questions about running order, reshuffling after pit stops, split times etc were all easily communicated to those around us.

it actually made for a much more social GP and i would like to think that those with less F1 knowledge around us also had a better time because of that.
Old 3 Mar 2015, 21:31 (Ref:3511334)   #129
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i found that the quieter engines helped with this as people can actually talk to and hear each other at the track.

a few from my group had 2014 subscriptions for the live telemetry app so questions about running order, reshuffling after pit stops, split times etc were all easily communicated to those around us.

it actually made for a much more social GP and i would like to think that those with less F1 knowledge around us also had a better time because of that.
Agreed I had a much better experience watching the race at COTA last year than the year before.. You are able to think for a start I found the V8's way to loud for my taste, I would still prefer that the helmet designs stay consistent
Especially when a car it whipping by you at 200MPH ...
Old 3 Mar 2015, 21:51 (Ref:3511350)   #130
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I can see it now in my mind's eye
Old 3 Mar 2015, 22:49 (Ref:3511376)   #131
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
thats your problem right there.

i dont sit along the straights anymore. give me a hairpin or a complex of corners where the cars slow down/change direction because for me thats where the action is. just my personal preference though.

plus the seating along the straights are more expensive for some reason.
Old 3 Mar 2015, 22:53 (Ref:3511378)   #132
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
I've never understood the lack of number panel, or consistent color/placement/size on the car.
A shark fin on the back of the car, or a "rudder plate" in the middle of the back wing would be perfect for numbers, but yet the luminaries that run the sport decided no?
Old 4 Mar 2015, 00:41 (Ref:3511418)   #133
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The advertising space argument is a joke. And the empty spaces on some of these cars! It's a pity the FIA can't compel the teams to relent on number sizes. A good size of number like in the 80's and 90's would help certainly marketing.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 01:36 (Ref:3511437)   #134
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
thats your problem right there.

i dont sit along the straights anymore. give me a hairpin or a complex of corners where the cars slow down/change direction because for me thats where the action is. just my personal preference though.

plus the seating along the straights are more expensive for some reason.
I sit at turn 2 into 3 at Austin .. It's a very technical part of the track..I would still prefer drivers helmets to be more consistent...
Old 4 Mar 2015, 01:44 (Ref:3511439)   #135
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
I would still prefer drivers helmets to be more consistent...
apparently i am incapable of agreeing to disagree on this!
Old 4 Mar 2015, 02:22 (Ref:3511449)   #136
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I can see it now in my mind's eye
Lol ... Your a great poster Mike
Old 4 Mar 2015, 02:31 (Ref:3511450)   #137
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
apparently i am incapable of agreeing to disagree on this!
Yes sir cheers !
Old 27 Mar 2015, 10:31 (Ref:3520256)   #138
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I feel compelled to resurrect this thread as I believe that the FIA needs to take immediate action in relation to the Mercedes' drivers.

I have noted that they drivers keep changing the colours of their caps, and as a result, I am finding it increasingly difficult to differentiate between the two. And if it's confusing to me, can you just imagine how difficult it msut be for Rolex wearing, Ferrari driving octogenarians who, according to BCE are the target audience.

This behaviour by the two drivers is intolerable, and must be stamped out immediately, failing which Mercedes should excluded from the World Championship. (Should cheer up Mr Horner)
Old 27 Mar 2015, 14:50 (Ref:3520350)   #139
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
might also make for a more exciting season.

on one hand i think its silly that you cant draw attention to an important sponsor in their country during their own home race but on the other hand, does the ban actually help to draw more attention to specialized message?

one of my favorite Kimi quotes:

Interviewer: The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?

Kimi: It protects my head.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 15:37 (Ref:3520382)   #140
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
might also make for a more exciting season.

on one hand i think its silly that you cant draw attention to an important sponsor in their country during their own home race but on the other hand, does the ban actually help to draw more attention to specialized message?

one of my favorite Kimi quotes:

Interviewer: The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?

Kimi: It protects my head.
You can allow for sponsor changes on the helmet. Some of you have very silly ideas about what is an unremarkable and sensible regulation on helmet design consistency.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 15:45 (Ref:3520388)   #141
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
apparently not otherwise LH would be allowed this helmet:

Old 27 Mar 2015, 15:55 (Ref:3520398)   #142
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
You can put whatever sponsor you like on the helmet. You just can't change the entire livery of the design of that helmet.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 16:02 (Ref:3520406)   #143
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Please note that I referred to hats not helmets; even I know the difference between the two! It's their baseball type caps that they wear in various different colours, black, silver/grey and others I think. And now, Hamilton is sporting one that supposedly represents the Petronas allegience.

All terribly confusing, and should be banned without delay!
Old 27 Mar 2015, 16:21 (Ref:3520427)   #144
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
from what i have read it is helmet design and not a ball cap that has to do with the sponsors.

from what i can tell the design elements/pattern are basically the same as the helmet he wore in OZ with the difference being only colour...which is against the rules.

i guess im the sort that like complicated things and i like variety,. simple is not appealing to me.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 16:46 (Ref:3520442)   #145
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Obviously my humour is wasted on here
Old 27 Mar 2015, 16:57 (Ref:3520451)   #146
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Obviously my humour is wasted on here
lol, my bad
Old 27 Mar 2015, 20:25 (Ref:3520566)   #147
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If their appearance is so important to the "brand" drivers should not be allowed to change their facial hair or doos during the season Underwear should require prior notice.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 20:31 (Ref:3520571)   #148
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
If their appearance is so important to the "brand" drivers should not be allowed to change their facial hair or doos during the season Underwear should require prior notice.
If they had see-through overalls, then underwear might be a factor.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 20:35 (Ref:3520572)   #149
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Honestly, i'm glad we don't see helmets changed every race, especially when it's for sponsorship purposes. Just utter tat. Change the car liveries slightly, not the personal I.D of the drivers themselves.

Selby
Old 27 Mar 2015, 20:40 (Ref:3520577)   #150
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
David Coulthard anticipated this suggestion about under-garments; for at least the first few years of his F1 career, he always wore the same pair of "lucky" underpants for each race. It is rumoured that to remain projecting the same image that they were unwashed throughout their lifetime.

Good man, that