Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 5 Feb 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3199901)   #101
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well when it comes to separating Makinen and McRae I can't really. Both were on an equal level, although both went about their work differently. Interesting battle for a few years.
Old 6 Feb 2013, 08:05 (Ref:3200012)   #102
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was an epic battle, but Tommi was much more like Seb Loeb. We didn't often see him absolutely flat out because he didn't often need to be.
Old 6 Feb 2013, 08:15 (Ref:3200016)   #103
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Plus as has been said his car was pretty much bulletproof whereas the Subaru was more fragile, the main reason why Colin left to join Ford, where he had a similar problem, but came up against the Peugeots who had a distinct advantage over his car. At the same time Subaru and Mitsubishi lost pace and Ford were really Peugeots only rival.
Old 15 Jun 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3263073)   #104
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seen a mention of a BBC James Hunt documentary
Old 5 Jan 2015, 09:41 (Ref:3490020)   #105
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Racing Legends, Graham Hill

I watched a program last night on BBC2 introduced by jeremy irons about the great man, there was some great footage of his le mans win with Henri well worth watching if you get a chance
Old 5 Jan 2015, 18:15 (Ref:3490119)   #106
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I watched it too - the best in the series yet, IMO.
Old 5 Jan 2015, 18:33 (Ref:3490130)   #107
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
After the Dunlop episode (which wasn't bad, but had the poor fortune of following the brilliant Road documentary) I was a bit worried, but it really got into Hill's triumphs and tribulations. It helped they focused on the triple crown to show his adaptability and determination. The input from Pescarolo was much appreciated, but for some reason I wasn't surprised to find out he didn't think much of Hill at first!
Old 7 Jan 2015, 15:55 (Ref:3490710)   #108
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I watched this last night, a fantasic program in my view, the other 4 that have been shown in the last few years have been great too. I am looking forward to the John Surtess one on Sunday.

Also I had never seen that footage of Le Mans before.
Old 7 Jan 2015, 17:32 (Ref:3490739)   #109
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Didn't know there was a Surtees one this weekend. Must have missed that.

Anyway watched both the Graham Hill and the Barry Sheene episodes yesterday and found them both entertaining and well researched.

As a side note, shall we merge this thread with the other Racing Legends one?
Old 8 Jan 2015, 20:01 (Ref:3491073)   #110
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, think we probably should. There is an obvious link with Le Mans, but we can leave a redirect so that Le Mans fans don't miss it. (Done).
Old 8 Jan 2015, 21:27 (Ref:3491104)   #111
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Pity it's not on iplayer yet !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 10 Jan 2015, 08:26 (Ref:3491543)   #112
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Didn't know there was a Surtees one this weekend. Must have missed that.

Anyway watched both the Graham Hill and the Barry Sheene episodes yesterday and found them both entertaining and well researched.

As a side note, shall we merge this thread with the other Racing Legends one?
Can't see it listed in 'Radio Times' Maybe going to replace the second part of the 'Reinventing the Royals'prog the first part of which was replaced by the Graham Hill prog?
Old 11 Jan 2015, 16:48 (Ref:3491874)   #113
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Confirmed=Surtees prog scheduled for 9pm tonight-BBC2
Old 11 Jan 2015, 17:41 (Ref:3491894)   #114
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Excellent - thanks
Old 11 Jan 2015, 21:08 (Ref:3491943)   #115
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Now at 22.15 !!!! ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 Jan 2015, 23:17 (Ref:3491960)   #116
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
What a fascinating man and story....so touching ....sad yet ....Brilliant...an absolute brilliant man ...quite moving story ....as said ...turned heartache into help....and a great inspirational character for Motorsport in general

Well done BBC, Paul the baker...and most of all...John Surtess
Old 11 Jan 2015, 23:38 (Ref:3491961)   #117
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
What a fascinating man and story....so touching ....sad yet ....Brilliant...an absolute brilliant man ...quite moving story ....as said ...turned heartache into help....and a great inspirational character for Motorsport in general

Well done BBC, Paul the baker...and most of all...John Surtess
A great story indeed. That was a very well produced piece of television, and I don't think they could have touched upon all of the timeline marks, including the tragic tale of Henry, in a better fashion.

A good programme all round.

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 12 Jan 2015, 18:43 (Ref:3492123)   #118
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
A great story indeed. That was a very well produced piece of television, and I don't think they could have touched upon all of the timeline marks, including the tragic tale of Henry, in a better fashion.

A good programme all round.
I wish BBC programs in general would be purchaseable on DVD like quite some public TV programs are down here. Last prominent example I bought was the Jochen Rindt Story which was aired on 3sat originally. I hope I can find the John Surtees program somewhere on the net.
Old 12 Jan 2015, 21:57 (Ref:3492187)   #119
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
It's not on I player yet
Old 13 Jan 2015, 07:26 (Ref:3492395)   #120
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think it will be. Something to do with image rights.

In the meantime, this guy has uploaded them to youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUW...VH9dZh1vaAYXaQ

Be quick, the version i watched last night has already been taken down.

I watched the Hill & Surtees ones last night. Very moving.
Old 13 Jan 2015, 08:01 (Ref:3492402)   #121
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My Sky+ failed to pick up the change of time so it failed to record. Shame it's not in the iPlayer but I will have to watch it via You Tube at some point.
Old 13 Jan 2015, 08:21 (Ref:3492404)   #122
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I watched the Graham Hill programme last week and the John Surtees one last night (we recorded them).
I thought that the Graham Hill one was very good, but found the John Surtees programme astoundingly good.
Both were what my dear old Dad would have called "Typical BBC Quality!"
Old 13 Jan 2015, 10:47 (Ref:3492440)   #123
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at Brands with my brother Frank and sister Joyce when John beat Geoff Duke, you couldn't fall over it was so packed, when John went over the line the place erupted, fantastic man.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 16 Feb 2017, 22:12 (Ref:3712677)   #124
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not BBC but RTE television is showing a documentry about Tommy Byrne called Crash and Burn. It might be possible to see it on RTE player.
www.RTE.ie
Old 20 Mar 2017, 08:42 (Ref:3720119)   #125
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BBC 1 tonight (Monday) have a program at 9 P.M. about Tommy Byrne a driver that had the talent to rival Senna but did not get there. I think it is worth a watch.