Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Nov 2005, 23:34 (Ref:1473481)   #1
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More silly season rumours - Tarso Marques to make a comeback?

Grandprix.com is saying that there are reports in Brazil that suggest that Tarso Marques is about to announce a comeback to Formula One. He will test in 2006 with a view to racing in 2007.

Grandprix.com throw in some speculation about whether Marques will be paying for his ride, like he used to do with Minardi.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns15975.html
Old 30 Nov 2005, 00:20 (Ref:1473513)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"According to reports from Brazil..."

I wish I could only find these "reports" !

Nothing in websites, nothing in Sky, or magazines so far.

This guy has a TV Show, a car-design business (TMC) and a team in stock-cars (Action Power), and even his official website, which is outdated has nothing about it.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 00:29 (Ref:1473522)   #3
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport started these 'reports'... I'll believe it then I see it...
Old 30 Nov 2005, 05:13 (Ref:1473611)   #4
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
It would have to be with BMW, I would presume. But, honestly, at the moment, who isn't in the running for a BMW drive!!??

(a cynic would answer Jacques Villeneuve)
Old 30 Nov 2005, 08:32 (Ref:1473673)   #5
grandprixdiary
Racer

grandprixdiary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Tarso comes back then maybe Gaston Mazzacane should give F1 another shot....

Rob
Old 30 Nov 2005, 09:41 (Ref:1473710)   #6
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Its astonoshing to think that he is still considered to drive an f1 car or that a team would entertain giving him a drive! He has never been super quick. I remember when Alonso's Minardi set on fire on the grid and stoddy walked over to Marques and set get out Fernando needs your car lol. Dont bring him back.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 09:46 (Ref:1473713)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tarso Marques had a decent record in F3000 - and has never had a car where he could show anything in F1.

He did a decent job in qualifying at the 1996 Argentine Grand Prix, as I recall.

He's not that bad.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 09:54 (Ref:1473717)   #8
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If true, sounds more like Midland role than a BMW one.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 10:03 (Ref:1473725)   #9
Swiss
Racer

United Kingdom
Hampshire
Swiss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see it happening to be honest unless he is bringing some serious cash with him otherwise there seems to be to many other aspiring F1 drivers in the frame for seats at the moment that are more suitable
Old 30 Nov 2005, 10:08 (Ref:1473729)   #10
insideline
Rookie

England
insideline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandprixdiary

Rob
Or Esteban Tuero. Another of the greats
Old 30 Nov 2005, 10:25 (Ref:1473749)   #11
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss
I can't see it happening to be honest unless he is bringing some serious cash with him otherwise there seems to be to many other aspiring F1 drivers in the frame for seats at the moment that are more suitable
I think the aspiring, career ladder drivers now favour 3rd driver/test roles in leading teams rather than facing life down the grid in a tail end team, that frankly cost a lot of money and will realistically provide few opportunities for hard results.

For the same money they can learn more from driving a front running car and working with a leading team, plus being part of the Williams or Honda team looks better on the cv. IMO.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 11:05 (Ref:1473779)   #12
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by insideline
Or Esteban Tuero. Another of the greats

Why not go the whole hog and bring back Ricardo Rossett, Labargi and Taki Inuoe (remember when he got hit by the medical car... he he).
Old 30 Nov 2005, 11:07 (Ref:1473781)   #13
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I was surprised to read he is only 29...
Old 30 Nov 2005, 11:13 (Ref:1473783)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yes, he was 19 when he made his debut
Old 30 Nov 2005, 11:20 (Ref:1473788)   #15
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Where's Alex Yooung?
Old 30 Nov 2005, 11:24 (Ref:1473793)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Tarso Marques had a decent record in F3000 - and has never had a car where he could show anything in F1.

He did a decent job in qualifying at the 1996 Argentine Grand Prix, as I recall.

He's not that bad.
Yep, he was almost certainly a front runner in F3000 in mid 90's (damn quick actually) and at the time a few people were touting him a something of a star.

It seems from some of the posts how people rate drivers according to what they've done in F1, (talent often stymied by the equipment at their disposal and getting bogged down accordingly!) and ignore the fact that they've already proven their ability on the way there?

Old 30 Nov 2005, 11:55 (Ref:1473811)   #17
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, the standard of this thread is pretty dismal. MArques got to F1 early and never got a competitive car. Getting outpaced by Alonso doesn't look so bad anymore,a dn his 2 races for Minardi in 1996 (as a teenage rookie) were better than any of Fisichella's that year. In fact, was he as far behind Alonso on pace than Fisiciehlla (with nearly 10 years of experience) was in 2005?

A few of the other drivers on this list deserve some defending as well. Rosset wasn't competitive in any of the F1 cars he drove, but he was great in F3000 as well.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 12:30 (Ref:1473830)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, guys that's what I got from my little investigation; I checked in my iTV, the Formula 1 News option and found it.

30/11/2005-Tarso Marques close to return to Formula 1
The report says that he told the formulanews website : http://www.formulanews.com.br/conteudo.do?id=16383 that he'll be announcing next week a contract for his return to F1. Before anyone start thanking me for the link, what is said is the same from www.grandprix.com news, only with the addtional info where Tarso raced in 2004.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 12:39 (Ref:1473833)   #19
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
Where's Alex Yooung?
Busy racing near the front in A1 GP....well i say near the front, more kind of midfield
Old 30 Nov 2005, 13:16 (Ref:1473868)   #20
KevinS
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
KevinS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTTraces
Why not go the whole hog and bring back Ricardo Rossett, Labargi and Taki Inuoe (remember when he got hit by the medical car... he he).
I vote Rossett. He's the only F1 driver that has ever made me literally roll on the floor laughing.

Anyone remember that qualifying at Monaco (can't remember what year), where he spinned his Minardi near the swimming pool, but didn't damage the car? He tried one of those cool powerspins to turn 180 degrees and get his nose pointed in the right direction, only to end up in the barriers afterall.

We should have more guys like him.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1473931)   #21
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideline
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandprixdiary
RobOr Esteban Tuero. Another of the greats
There is no need for them in F1, let Gastón in his Mondeo TRV6 and Tuero in his TC2000 car (at least Esteban knows how to manage a touring car team). Norberto Fontana is still the best of that generation and did a TC2000 championship in 2002, so he's the only of the three-F1-pack that did a title after his F1 outing.
In local scene, Fontana is a Red Bull driver, so can you imagine him driving for RBR??? ... he'd better use that influence to promote a younger Argie driver in Europe.

And for F1, Argentinians have our youngsters: López, Guerrieri, Álvarez, Risatti, Milla...
Old 30 Nov 2005, 15:58 (Ref:1473962)   #22
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinS
Anyone remember that qualifying at Monaco (can't remember what year), where he spinned his Minardi near the swimming pool, but didn't damage the car? He tried one of those cool powerspins to turn 180 degrees and get his nose pointed in the right direction, only to end up in the barriers afterall.
Was actually a Tyrrell he was driving, and yes I remember it, Villeneuve had a go at him as well saying he shouldn't be in F1 and suchlike...

Marques isn't that bad, certainly a cut above Yoong, Deletraz and the like, but the problem at Minardi in 2001 was that he didn't bring any significant cash and was well off the pace (unlike say Mazzacane, who was even slower the previous year but funded the team via PSN money) To be honest Tarso wasn't much copin Champ Car either IIRC, so perhaps he shouldn't really be contemplating a 'comeback'. But if he's got the money I supppose Midland wouldn't say no... (or even Williams! )
Old 30 Nov 2005, 21:37 (Ref:1474193)   #23
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Tourer
If true, sounds more like Midland role than a BMW one.
Midland have already signed Albers and Monteiro for the race seats and Pastorelli for the test team. Hard to see where Marques could go. Third driver for Aguri? Or Honda?
Old 30 Nov 2005, 22:10 (Ref:1474217)   #24
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we are being a little unfair on Tarso. When he was in the Minardi (never the best car to show your full potential in) the job he did wasn't that bad and while his champcar efforts haven't been hugely spectacular either I think that may be because most of them were one-off drives that were only confirmed a few days before the race, so he had little or no chance to test or get to know the team. Give the man another chance!

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 30 Nov 2005, 22:43 (Ref:1474238)   #25
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysfirst
I think we are being a little unfair on Tarso. When he was in the Minardi (never the best car to show your full potential in) the job he did wasn't that bad and while his champcar efforts haven't been hugely spectacular either I think that may be because most of them were one-off drives that were only confirmed a few days before the race, so he had little or no chance to test or get to know the team. Give the man another chance!
Actually, I disagree that the Minardi was not the best car for a driver to show his full potential in. The likes of Fisichella, Trulli, Alonso and Webber all showcased their talents in a Minardi and all have benefitted from that by moving to better-resourced teams. Indeed, Alonso is of course world champion.