Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Jun 2016, 09:57 (Ref:3647081)   #51
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
We can find you a bed in the workshop Tim . You will be most welcome
Sounds good thanks, does the workshop have en suite?
Old 4 Jun 2016, 19:46 (Ref:3647203)   #52
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm coming up from Forest Edge with the race van and trailer so I hope you have parking space :-)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 4 Jun 2016, 20:19 (Ref:3647212)   #53
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll also.jave a raging thirst so make sure there's plenty of beer :-).

Old 4 Jun 2016, 20:33 (Ref:3647217)   #54
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Sorry Iain, can't make it this year - I'll be at Brands running my pal in the MINI Challenge.
Old 4 Jun 2016, 21:07 (Ref:3647228)   #55
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
All reserved for you Max 😊
Old 6 Jun 2016, 10:09 (Ref:3647640)   #56
midgetman
Veteran

Splendid! Close to the beer tent one trusts :-)
Old 6 Jun 2016, 15:55 (Ref:3647706)   #57
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Splendid! Close to the beer tent one trusts :-)
If you're lucky it might be in the beer tent .....
Old 6 Jun 2016, 19:56 (Ref:3647783)   #58
midgetman
Veteran

:-)

Old 7 Jun 2016, 09:19 (Ref:3647902)   #59
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone thinking about doing the tour can you PM me. We have 25 cars so far but we can run 40. There is always a last Minuit rush as people decide what's the weather doing.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 15:05 (Ref:3647982)   #60
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Tour of where but more importantly did someone mention beer?
Old 7 Jun 2016, 16:20 (Ref:3647999)   #61
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Tour of where but more importantly did someone mention beer?
http://www.stokerow-motorsportday.co.uk/tour.html

It's a tour of the Chilterns, rather than the Cotswolds as the website says (my mistake).

...looks like the pdf files don't download either...
Old 8 Jun 2016, 06:42 (Ref:3648144)   #62
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Hopefully the PDF problem has been sorted.
Old 8 Jun 2016, 09:59 (Ref:3648170)   #63
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Love this years poster. Mathew Young does us proud.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 08:08 (Ref:3650390)   #64
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am sure that Alan Morgan wrote somewhere that he was going to provide a link to local hostelries on the official website, or was I dreaming again? Cannot decide on whether I can make it as my son has instructed me to leave the weekend free; I think that it's time for me to remind him that I am still the boss!
Old 16 Jun 2016, 09:35 (Ref:3650406)   #65
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Quote:
I am sure that Alan Morgan wrote somewhere that he was going to provide a link to local hostelries on the official website
Did I? I'm not a local so I'll have to rely on those who are for recommendations. I'll happily put some links up on the site though. Are you looking for accomodation? If it's just beer and something to eat, I can recommend this place...

http://www.kingwilliamipsden.co.uk/?page_id=122
Old 16 Jun 2016, 09:55 (Ref:3650418)   #66
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Did I? I'm not a local so I'll have to rely on those who are for recommendations. I'll happily put some links up on the site though. Are you looking for accomodation? If it's just beer and something to eat, I can recommend this place...

http://www.kingwilliamipsden.co.uk/?page_id=122
It was for accommodation, and it is more than possible that you were "volunteered" by someone on another thread.
Old 23 Jun 2016, 23:11 (Ref:3654782)   #67
Dulon_Dave
Rookie

Dulon_Dave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My good friends mother runs a B&B around 8 miles away, http://www.fyfieldmanor.co.uk has plenty of off street parking.

Dave
Old 23 Jun 2016, 23:19 (Ref:3654783)   #68
Dulon_Dave
Rookie

Dulon_Dave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try http://www.fyfieldmanor.co.uk its 8 miles away.
Old 5 Jul 2016, 19:48 (Ref:3657144)   #69
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Stop press !!!! Gordon and Sue are coming . Very happy .😀
Old 5 Jul 2016, 20:00 (Ref:3657148)   #70
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain, more tango buddies on their way.https://www.facebook.com/ian.chalmer...67717448506886
Old 5 Jul 2016, 20:11 (Ref:3657152)   #71
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Stop press !!!! Gordon and Sue are coming . Very happy .😀
Excellent!

Be sure to book some Spanish sun for the day Gordon.
Old 6 Jul 2016, 07:58 (Ref:3657210)   #72
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Excellent!

Be sure to book some Spanish sun for the day Gordon.
It worked at Brands on Sunday and Dr Palmer didn't pay my fee or even thank me !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Jul 2016, 11:57 (Ref:3657478)   #73
midgetman
Veteran

I know you main organisers are all at Le Mans, next time you log on could you please confirm I need to go to the farm address on the web site? And what way do you recommend with the van and trailer from the A303/A34 junction? A34 to Chilton then A417 across Wallingford way? Thank you!
Old 7 Jul 2016, 12:20 (Ref:3657483)   #74
Alan Morgan
Veteran

The Chilton route is probably the best one for you. I've just put the postcode from the site into Google Maps and it goes to exactly the right place. See you there Max!
Old 7 Jul 2016, 19:16 (Ref:3657541)   #75
midgetman
Veteran

Looking forward to it! All being well I'll have a couple of kids' karts and Mini MM's senior chassis on display. Not "historic" but may be of interest to youngsters wanting to get into racing.