Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 13 May 2002, 12:58 (Ref:285016)   #51
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DNQ, what were you doing following me????????
Old 13 May 2002, 23:05 (Ref:285751)   #52
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DNQ- There's a Falcon XY GT, red with black stripes, in your area that used to race, but is now a road car- that's one nice piece of kit that should belong in concours... and it was a good race car too..
Old 14 May 2002, 03:45 (Ref:285839)   #53
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DMC, I refer to a breakdown trailer to pick them up as they die aloing the way.

Crash, Are you referring to Geoff McCrystals' car?
Old 14 May 2002, 04:24 (Ref:285855)   #54
DMC
Racer

Australia
DMC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do TVR have some sort of reputation for poor reliability?
Old 14 May 2002, 05:04 (Ref:285873)   #55
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
David- of course
Old 15 May 2002, 03:11 (Ref:286893)   #56
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That is a shame Crash, I haven't talked to Geoff lately, so I didn't know what he was up to. So it's a street car now?
Old 15 May 2002, 04:31 (Ref:286930)   #57
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
I'm not sure entirely- It might not have been his car. I was up DNQs way not too long ago, and there was a very similar car parked in the street. I know Geoff lives in the area, as he used to drive home from Lakeside meetings with a day permit.

I should do some more investigating on this one.... it was one nice car...
Old 21 May 2002, 19:52 (Ref:291830)   #58
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mclaren F1, silver
(Pininfarina show car)Lancia Gamma 4-dr Coupe
Old 23 May 2002, 11:38 (Ref:293432)   #59
whitlock
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lancs, uk
whitlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At Donnington Park on Sunday there was:

Vauxhall Astra 888
AC Cobra 427
Porsche 911 GT2 (old stlye)
Old 23 May 2002, 14:54 (Ref:293643)   #60
umbro
Rookie

umbro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw a BMW M1 about 2 years ago. For those of you who dont know there aint many of them around (800ish) and it has been the only mid-engine car BMW have ever made. Do I want one? do I ever.
Old 23 May 2002, 23:27 (Ref:294191)   #61
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I work in Windsor, an outer suburb of Sydney and lately a Delorian has been getting around here.

My sighting may not be as flash as the reported Ferrari and McLaren sightings in this thread but hey - it's the Back To The Future Car Dammit !
Old 24 May 2002, 05:44 (Ref:294377)   #62
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Patto- update- I don't think it was Geoff's car- he was at the Muscle Car shootout the other day, and it is still all done up in racing stickers etc.
Old 24 May 2002, 11:48 (Ref:294744)   #63
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The only M1 I've seen was when BMW had one on display at the Melbourne GP a couple of years ago.
Old 27 May 2002, 18:23 (Ref:297771)   #64
Troy Revill
Rookie

Troy Revill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well the car I saw wasn't driving around but I did see it get built up from scratch and that was my Dad's mate 1962 Ford Capri the onces that nearly made ford Bankrupt in USA, he had all the orginal details inside and out same colour as it was when it was made!
Old 14 Sep 2002, 23:27 (Ref:380374)   #65
NSMG
Rookie

NSMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cars seen on the road lately :

Audis RS4 (common sight!),Ferrari 360 Modena,Ferrari F355,
Mercedes SL55 AMG (Beautiful !),
Audi RS2,Lancia Delta HF Integrale Martini ''6'' Limited Edition.

The most fantastic car I've ever seen on the road was
Colin McRae's Subaru Impreza WRC2000 tailgating me on the
highway at night, after the last special stage ,when he was heading to the ''parc fermé''.I just saw huge lights behind me , quickly moved to the right lane and there he was !
It happened in the 2000 edition of the Rally of Portugal.
It was Unbelievable !

Best Regards.
NSMG
Old 15 Sep 2002, 11:19 (Ref:380533)   #66
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ha ha.

Anyway back to this planet. Sort of.

Que? You might say. The above was in response to some sillyness about organ size a page or two back - guess I should've read the rest of the thread before posting!

Living in Wilmslow I get to see quite a few "everbody stops/gawps/drives into back of each other" sights on the roads.

Saw a yellow (yellow for god's sake!) F50 in my local pub carpark a while back.

And an F40 rumbling through Alderley Edge yesterday.

Also spotted occasionally are a Diablo roadster, a couple of AM Vanquishes and a couple of Bentley Continentals amongst the hundreds of 360s, 550s and 911s...

The best time/place for seeing truly awesome stuff on the road is Goodwood or the old Coys festival at Silverstone. In one w/e at Silverstone (which we spent in a very nice Merc S-Class loaned by a friend), we followed a Ferrari Daytona, a Diablo, a D-Type, but best of all had a real blast down to the Green Man chasing a 250GTO.

And also at Coys (a year later I think), we found Nick Mason and his mates in the campsite. Two fullsize Winnebago RVs parked to form an 'L' shape. Lined up in the 'L' were 3 cars in gunmetal grey... a 993 Turbo, an Aston Martin Vantage and a McLaren F1. Which was nice.

Last edited by garcon; 15 Sep 2002 at 11:21.
Old 15 Sep 2002, 13:34 (Ref:380556)   #67
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
driving back from Oulton park yesterday I had a D-Type Jaguar behind me (the one with the batman wing thing) not my cup of tea but im sure its pretty special anyway.
Old 15 Sep 2002, 21:16 (Ref:380975)   #68
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A couple of years ago after the Goodwood revival meeting we shared a petrol station forecourt with a light bgreen Jaguar C Type. Later that same evening, it shot out onto a roundabout in front of us and burned away towards, er, wherever it was he was going..
This year at Goodwood, the same C Type was being raced by Sir Stirling Moss.
Old 15 Sep 2002, 21:29 (Ref:380991)   #69
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cool, i wonder if it was anyone famous driving the D type i saw ??
Old 25 Sep 2002, 15:25 (Ref:388118)   #70
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ooooh, forgot. About a year ago, on a poxy little terraced house road near me, parked, on a speed-hump, bright yellow and quite wonderful Lamborghini Diablo. We stopped the car, leant out the window and caressed the wing mirror, and moved on. WOW!!

Recently there's been a Ferrari 360M near me. Seen it twice now in more or less the same place. When I've seen them before (parked in London, say) they're quite dinky. A nice little Ferrari. This one apperears to take up the WHOLE road!!! It's HUGE!! I guess it's the context, really...
Old 25 Sep 2002, 21:40 (Ref:388431)   #71
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have seen a brand new Ferrari 360 and 550 Maranello. There is also a doctor in Tulsa driving a black Porsche 911 GT2.

For a rare car, I have seen a guy touring about in a cherry MGA Twin Cam in town as well.
Never forget #99
Old 28 Sep 2002, 04:37 (Ref:390357)   #72
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yesterday, while biking to work, I passed a parked Aston Martin DB7, which is exceedingly rare over here, and I suspect that it costs somewhere around 200,000 can dollars.

On a weird note, a few weekends ago, a red Bricklin went by , the first one that I've seen in ages and ages.

My best friend has an uncle who works as a stockbroker, and has in the past, been very wealthy. He used to own a Lamborghini something (not a Countach) in the 80's, and my friend told me the story of how his step dad went for a drive in it, his brother letting him drive. Going along a highway, and about to pass someone, my friend's stepfather downshifted a few gears and mashed the loud pedal, only to have his brother exclaim something along the lines of "how did you do that, make it accellerate so quickly?" In other words, I am sure that a good majority of men who own these super cars are rich gits who really don't know squat about driving, and simply can afford the expensive toy slash show off object slash pschological private part enlarger..........
Old 29 Sep 2002, 23:18 (Ref:391581)   #73
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oooh, I saw Dave richards in his Vanquish leave Silverstone once. (I WENT to Silverstone "once"!!)
Old 30 Sep 2002, 00:38 (Ref:391634)   #74
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
On Friday I saw a Jaguar XJ220, dark green, travelling (and I mean travelling ) south on the A34 near Wilmslow. Only the second or third time I've seen one in the flesh. And soooo nice to see it being used properly...
Old 30 Sep 2002, 02:51 (Ref:391728)   #75
LEVINGTR
Rookie

LEVINGTR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oops