Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Mar 2017, 22:41 (Ref:3718465)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I thought this is what they had done too, but in some ways it does not make sense, their engine was down on power anyway and the big bang engines are less powerful (and more thirsty) but more predictable than the screamers, also you can use the KERS to smooth the power delivery through increased harvesting.

The symptoms certainly shout big bang engine, but there is little logic to introducing one in F1, you lose power and economy for no benefit.
Given the McLaren-Honda is off by 30km/h on the straights (according to Mr Alonso..) what kind of bang is going on? She aint too big..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 14 Mar 2017, 22:40 (Ref:3718669)   #27
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Can they still introduce another 4 engine into the mix at the next race for a single penalty as Mercedes did for Hamilton last year, or has that loophole been closed for 2017?

It has been closed. You can still run through multiple engines for a single (race meeting) penalty, but only the last one utilized is added to the pool, not all the ones used like Merc did last year.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 23:28 (Ref:3718681)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABWOA View Post
It has been closed. You can still run through multiple engines for a single (race meeting) penalty, but only the last one utilized is added to the pool, not all the ones used like Merc did last year.
So... Honda had want to put together a big truck full of powerplants then.. if 11 laps is what they got out of an engine..

Maybe they can build a Velcro-powered system to get engines in & out... a mid race refuel & re-engine sure... indubitably...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House