Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 14 Dec 2007, 21:19 (Ref:2089047)   #51
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few? That sounds useful - can you tell us what else was identified?
Old 15 Dec 2007, 08:33 (Ref:2089328)   #52
RAP
Racer

RAP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbrown
A few? That sounds useful - can you tell us what else was identified?
A few Formla Ford Lotus 51 & Merlyns. The only other "interesting" one was
Keith Wilson Brabham BT18 FFord AM30
Old 20 Feb 2009, 15:43 (Ref:2400914)   #53
stingray66
Rookie

stingray66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lola Mk 5/5A

Hi I am trying to find the history of a car my uncle bought new in 1963 It was a Lola MK5A Chassis # BRJ-61 Back In Sept 27 1964 My Uncle was killed in a race in Portoroz Yugoslavia IT was thought all of these years that he was driving his Lola and that was the car he was killed in .A few months ago In found his 1963 Lola BRJ –61 here in the usa and still racing. So the mystery started What I have found was in April
Of 1963 my uncle bought a new lotus type 31 and that was the car that he had his accident No one in the family knew of the lotus But knew of the Lola I have found a friend of my uncle that told me that the Lola was parked in his garage in Regensbug Germany at the time of his death and have said the car sat for some time and was all forgotten
Witch brings me to now I have found this car on the Lola web site chassis # BRJ-61 is now in the USA in Texas The new owner show as John Pete Ball
I would love to find out the history of this car who sold it how did it get in the USA
MY Uncle’s race name was Franz Muller his real name was Roman Dirschl from Regensbug Germany The reason for the name change was his mother my grand mother had forbid him from racing so he used Franz Mulller so she would not find out
Norm Reynolds
Philadelphia Pa
n.Reynolds@verizon.net
Old 20 Feb 2009, 16:24 (Ref:2400934)   #54
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Your uncle features with the Lola in this film of the Monaco GP 1963 that I posted on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmFz8lFOihk

Best regards
Marcus
Old 20 Feb 2009, 16:27 (Ref:2400935)   #55
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome, Norm. Have you looked in our Chassis Archive? It's here:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70655

Your request for info would probably be better in that thread, so when I receive your confirmation that you have seen this, I'll move your above post across.
Old 20 Feb 2009, 21:34 (Ref:2401066)   #56
stingray66
Rookie

Thank you so much for the video it gave me the chills watching my uncle
and yes move my post to the right thread I would love to find out more about this car and how it ended up in Texas and I found out it was last raced this past Oct out in the west coast I find it amazing that the car is still around
thanks so much Norm
n.reynolds@verizon.net
Old 21 Feb 2009, 01:45 (Ref:2401166)   #57
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A.N. Other

Welcome Stingray....I think it would help folk here if you mentioned the thread you started on the "other forum" 03 Nov 08...save going over old ground.
Old 21 Feb 2009, 05:25 (Ref:2401224)   #58
stingray66
Rookie

ok here is what I had on the Atlas F1 bullentin board nov 3 08

I am Trying to Find any Information regarding my uncle
Back in 1962-64 he raced under the name Franz Muller
His real name was Roman Dirschl his mother my grand mother had forbid
My uncle from racing so he used Franz Muller so she would not find out
The mystery is I think it was round 1964 in Oct I was 11 years then I was told that my
Uncle was killed when he blew a front tire and hit a tree
It was not till last night that three seems to be a mystery here
I talked to my mom and she insist this is what happen but it would not be the first time she lied to me. last night I was on the
Lola web site and found documentation showing Franz Muller bought one of 12 Lolas MK5A that were built in 63 s it showed his names and also as Roman Dirschl and gave the chassis # as BRJ61 then I went to the Lola chassis register and it show NOW a Lola MK5A Chassis BRJ 61 as Now owned my a John Pete Ball and the car is in the usa in running shape and This is my Mystery I was told then and now that the car had exploded in to a fire ball so how can this car still be around If this is the case then what did happened My other uncle many years ago told me that It was in my best interest NOT to know what happen and his last words were what it seams is not as it was I did not understand this till last night when I found that the car is still around
Sadly he past some years ago and took his secret to the grave and my mom will not tell me
I would love to hear form any one that knew my uncle and what is the big mystery that happen in 1964 I really need to know the truth
Norm Reynolds
e-mail ( n.Reynolds@verizon.net)
Old 22 Feb 2009, 00:35 (Ref:2401606)   #59
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roman Dirschl

http://forums.autosport.com/showthre...=Roman+Dirschl

and there are another 4-5 threads that mention Roman Dirschl...