Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 2 Feb 2011, 06:19 (Ref:2824333)   #26
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Well, here goes.

Take GT5 as the base, and then cull a lot of the redundant, lower-end cars. Throw in various series' car sets from FM3, like LMPs, ALMS GTs, V8 Supercars, etc. I'm not sure what some people mean by "super touring", but I'd kind of like having the cars from the 1995-96 seasons of ITC.

I also like what you can do with cars liveries in FM3; however, I'm not so keen on just being able to completely swap out drivetrains and/or change a car between RWD, FWD, and AWD. Besides, GT5 already lets you pump up a bunch of things with Stage-3 turbos, which I'd think is enough overkill for just about anybody.

I'd also like some signature F1 cars from the turbo era (1978-88 or so).
I could also see having iconic, vintage sports and formula cars, but I'd probably have something in there that limits those to a 1952 or earlier category. They just wouldn't fit in with the more modern machinery.

I'll just say it now; I'm not into the administrative side of team functions, so I'd keep this game very focused on the racing, driving, and car collecting. I do like the idea of having a good set-up adviser though.

Improved AI is always a good thing, as long as it's an actual improvement, rather than just making the other guys drive like complete jacka--es. And damage should be in the game, but as an option, because sometimes you just want to chill and enjoy playing the game, rather than constantly having to worry about blowing your race.

Now, for the tracks, I'd get the GT5 crop, plus the missing race courses from the previous GTs. I'm not worried about all the fiddly little test tracks and proving grounds stuff, but tracks like Smokey Mountain, Grindelwald, Seattle, and El Capitan, I definitely want to see back. Of course, all the real-world tracks in the GTs would be there too: Le Mans, Nordschleife, Suzuka, etc. I'd also pull over from the FM series Rio de Janeiro, Tokyo, Rallye di Positano, Fujimi Kaido, Blue Mountain, Maple, and the "Full" and "Extreme" layouts of Montserrat. Outside of what is covered in GT5 and FM, there would be additional real-world road course and street circuits

Other Real-World Road Courses:
Road Atlanta (Current and 1970-97 layouts)
Sebring (with and without Safety Pin, 1987-90, and Classic layouts)
VIR (Full, North, and South layouts)
Watkins Glen (with and without Innerloop, Short and GP layouts)
Pocono (Oval Superspeedway and Long Road Course)
Mosport Park
Mont Tremblant
Autopolis
Mount Panorama (with and without the Chase)
Philip Island
Brands Hatch (Indy and GP Loops)
Silverstone (Arena, Bridge, and Classic layouts)
Donington Park (National and International Circuits)
Oulton Park (with and without chicanes)
Rockingham (Oval Superspeedway)
Paul Ricard (Long GP Loop, no Mistral chicane)
Catalunya (Pre-2007)
Jerez (Motorcycle Layout)
Estoril (Pre-1994)
Portimao (Car GP Circuit, no chicanes)
Hockenheim (Pre-2002, and without Ost Kurve chicane layouts)
Monza (Classic Road Course, Combined Circuit, and Oval Superspeedway)
Fuji Speedway (Original Layout, with banking)
Brno
Spa-Francorchamps (1981-01 Layout)
Nurburgring GP (1984-94 Layout)
Mexico City (Current GP Circuit without chicane and Original GP Circuit)
Potrero de los Funes

Other Real-World Street Circuits:
Monaco (1929-71 Layout)
Porto (Current with and without chicanes and F1 course)
Pau
Birmingham Superprix
Norisring
Durban (A1GP Circuit)
Macau
Surfers Paradise (CART Circuit)
Long Beach (Current, 1992-98, and 1975-81 layouts)
San Jose (CCWS 2006-2007)
Las Vegas (CCWS 2007, no chicane)
San Antonio (IMSA 1990)
Dallas (Trans-Am/IMSA 1993-96)
New Orleans (IMSA 1991 and 1992-96)
Miami (IMSA 1986-94 and CART 1995)
West Palm Beach (IMSA 1986-87)
Tampa (IMSA 1988-90)
Meadowlands (CART 1984-87)
Cleveland (Burke Lakefront Airport 1990-2007)
Columbus (IMSA 1985-88)
Vancouver (CART 1994-97)
Sao Paulo (IndyCar 2010)

Real-World Parkland Circuits:
Montreal (Current and 1988-93 GP Circuits)
Montjuich Park (F1 Circuit)
Adelaide (F1 Circuit)

Epic Road Circuits
Brno (Masarykring 1930-39)
Isle of Man TT
Madonie Piccolo (Targa Florio 1932-36, 51-77)

Real-World Rallies and Hillclimbs
Dakar
Monte Carlo
Coupe des Alpes
Pikes Peak

Real Location Rally and Hillclimb Stages (real roads just not sanctioned in real life):
Stelvio

Ambitious as hell? Yes! I want to take things to another level, at least in some respects. I want to advance what can be done in the highest quality with tracks, and get a more complete catalog of classic sports racing cars, such as the Maserati 300S, Jaguar D-Type, and Porsche 550 Spyder and RSKs. Really, I want as complete a rundown of the iconic prototypes and GTs as possible. The same goes for the roadster and turbo era F1 cars. Some 1950s and '60s Indianapolis specials would be great too.

As for gameplay, I would retain the existing Gran-Turismo-type model as an option. In addition though, I would offer a more formal career mode for those who want that. You start as an amateur in karts on karting tracks and small road courses, or in a fairly low-end car at a club event on one of those short courses or coned off in the infield of one of the bigger tracks. Work up through one-make sedan or sports car series to reach the top in DTM, V8s, SuperGT, GT1, or LMPs. The other track will take you through Formula Vee, Formula Ford, F3, and Atlantics/Nippon to Champ/Indy Cars and/or F1.

Alright, that's about all I can think of, and yes, I realize the US has and/or has had an awful lot of street circuits, as evidenced by my listing.

I like playing both long and short races on games; it just depends on my mood. In real life, I tend to like longer races, as I can really get into a groove watching them, whereas this is not so possible for shorter races, and even F1 Grands Prix are sometimes shorter than I'd like.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 14:55 (Ref:2824565)   #27
S.Moss
Racer

England
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
S.Moss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IRacing but with only pay monthly fee's (no content fees) and all the stuff they don't have like new tyre model, fmod, dynamic grip, driver animation, pit crews, driver swaps,
Old 2 Feb 2011, 15:44 (Ref:2824590)   #28
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I like many others prefer the Group C stuff, that is fine, and been waiting since RF was released for the annoyingly slow Proto C mod.
Thanks, it's great to be called annoying
Old 3 Feb 2011, 00:02 (Ref:2824838)   #29
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It will be great, but been waiting 3, 4 5 years?

Worth it and not a moan, but damned annoying
Old 3 Feb 2011, 04:13 (Ref:2824878)   #30
DavyC412
Rookie

Canada
DavyC412 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pretty much iRacing, with a little nicer graphics and fuller sound. the price... yeah it sucks, but the price is a necessary evil to keep out people who are there to just dick around.
Old 3 Feb 2011, 09:46 (Ref:2824951)   #31
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really dont think money makes any difference at all to people messing about, the issue I had with Iracing was yes mainly the cost, but that is weighted by the quality and professionalism of the game.

My beef was damage, I was only on an offer from anotehr site so had a few weeks free, so mainly raqcing Legends which was great fun being from an oval background.

But as soon as you slightly touched, or someone touched you the race was over, these things race real close and some sort of damage coefficient should be allowed to make it possible to at least rub a little, you can in Legends from my experience.

I found this really got in the way of a good race. damn shame as otherwise the game is spot on.
Old 3 Feb 2011, 10:13 (Ref:2824961)   #32
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Worth getting chunder?

I'm coming from an rFactor background... Is there really enough cars etc to warrant paying?

Selby
Old 3 Feb 2011, 14:46 (Ref:2825160)   #33
DavyC412
Rookie

Canada
DavyC412 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I really dont think money makes any difference at all to people messing about, the issue I had with Iracing was yes mainly the cost, but that is weighted by the quality and professionalism of the game.

My beef was damage, I was only on an offer from anotehr site so had a few weeks free, so mainly raqcing Legends which was great fun being from an oval background.

But as soon as you slightly touched, or someone touched you the race was over, these things race real close and some sort of damage coefficient should be allowed to make it possible to at least rub a little, you can in Legends from my experience.

I found this really got in the way of a good race. damn shame as otherwise the game is spot on.
ive traded paint with others with little to no damage. actually i just had a race where i got t-boned in the corkscrew (somehow managed to recover witout spinning) and managed to drive away with no damage that i could tell of. depends on how you hit and where. if you nail a wheel against someones bumper youre more likely to end your race there when the wheel gets knockedout of alignment, but if you bang door to door or bumper to door, or something youre more likely to be able to drive away from it.
Old 3 Feb 2011, 15:23 (Ref:2825185)   #34
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
Basically I want LFS, with real cars and tracks.
Yeah this is it...or a Touring car edition, with either every seasn of BTCC or just the supertouring years. I like F1 and formula ford but I am not sure how good a game they make. Of course a wood Board track racing gme would rule or a 1900-1930 racing title done well would be great
Old 6 Feb 2011, 09:21 (Ref:2826431)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Of course, there are quite a number of cars that blur the line between prototype and GT, so what do you do with them?
I'll allow for the GT1s of the late 90's.....
Old 6 Feb 2011, 10:36 (Ref:2826477)   #36
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I admit, a really solid TC game using the cars from the 80's and 90's would be great.

Race 07 is very good, and very good fun online, but the cars are a bit samey?
Old 6 Feb 2011, 15:00 (Ref:2826644)   #37
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race 07 is good the race games are good if just on going tweeks from WTCC the game...but where are the dynamic differences between cars sshort of front/rear drive they aren't too unique awhen the camaros are so wild. LFS I stand behind it and the great net code. This system will out drive any sim.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 12:57 (Ref:2828376)   #38
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Purist - you've got the job, when can i have the finished product?
Old 15 Feb 2011, 19:08 (Ref:2831756)   #39
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*save this space*
Old 24 Feb 2011, 21:25 (Ref:2836399)   #40
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7ztuLG4WHs

for sport car racing fans
Old 12 Jun 2011, 07:29 (Ref:2896647)   #41
Roy4
Rookie

Australia
Roy4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*BUMP*

My dream racing game would be a combination of Forza 3 and Shift. The game would have over 500 cars. Some tracks that'd be featured in this game are: Bathurst, Spa, Imola, Suzuka, Virginia, Ring Knutstorp, Brands etc.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 09:16 (Ref:2896741)   #42
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like rFactor?
Old 12 Jun 2011, 11:24 (Ref:2896916)   #43
tristancliffe
Veteran

United Kingdom
Norwich, UK
tristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Like rFactor?
Like rFactor, but with less modding and more realism.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 12:35 (Ref:2897022)   #44
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
More realism!! Are you joking? Try Enduracers mod, or F1 1985, or F1 1991. They are realistic, immersive and with the right wheel, very good. And also...FREEEEE!

More realistic than anything else other than the bespoke made and very heavily funded, and very much not free... Iracing
Old 12 Jun 2011, 14:49 (Ref:2897129)   #45
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let people mod, and you get a lot to choose from.

You will always get very high quality, very realistic mods, and you will also get a lot of low quality mods.

Touring Car Legends, V8 Factor, CART Factor... Plus ANY track you could ever imagine is there.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 23:34 (Ref:2897649)   #46
tristancliffe
Veteran

United Kingdom
Norwich, UK
tristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Let people mod, and you get a lot to choose from.

You will always get very high quality, very realistic mods, and you will also get a lot of low quality mods.

Touring Car Legends, V8 Factor, CART Factor... Plus ANY track you could ever imagine is there.
And they are all, without exception, rubbish. Not necessarily because the modders are incapable, but because the game engine is utterly useless.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 00:29 (Ref:2897670)   #47
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I had infinite funds I would enlist Codemasters Racing Studio to create a game based around the 1998-2000 era of CART on the next gen consoles. All the cars, all the tracks, feeder series like Toyota Atlantics and Indy Lights from those years would be included. Those cars were such monsters to drive and a game based around those glory days would be EPIC. Those cars in that era is what got me into racing at age 6. Sure licensing issues would be difficult but screw it! I only need them to make 1 copy!
Old 13 Jun 2011, 01:17 (Ref:2897690)   #48
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Back to the 21st century, I wonder whether Codemasters will add GP2 and GP3 to its F1 game. They use the same venues and could help to teach people to drive formula cars.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 11:41 (Ref:2897988)   #49
devil_angel
Rookie

devil_angel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Back to the 21st century, I wonder whether Codemasters will add GP2 and GP3 to its F1 game. They use the same venues and could help to teach people to drive formula cars.
I think Atari's RacePro featured Formula 3.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 23:09 (Ref:2898466)   #50
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Simbin's Race Pro, if I may correct you

It had F3000 and FBMW, with Formula Master as part of the WTCC 2008 DLC pack.