Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 31 May 2016, 23:28 (Ref:3646194)   #151
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
The entire experience for me was fantastic. There sure were a lot of people there! I was amazed at how many people were camping in the huge lot outside of the track. It looked like more campsites than in the infield at Sebring!

Like bjohnsonsmith said, if my seats were higher it would have been easier to follow the race without watching the big screens, which weren't as big as I would have expected. And I would have liked to have been closer to turn 1, but as a first time ticket buyer that was about the best I could do and still be on the frontstretch to see all the pre race festivities. I bought my tickets the day after last year's race.

I don't usually really like when the 500 comes down to a fuel strategy race, but it was still an exciting finish and I was really glad to see Rossi take the victory.

I made about a 5 minute video covering the race highlights for me, taken mostly from my seat in stand A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfALEcpaI2A
Amazing footage!

Thanks.

You had a much better view than I did. I was a first time ticket buyer too and applied for Stand A, as soon as tickets went on-line but ended up in the Paddock Box. There was a screen directly opposite but it wasn't that big.

Sour grapes, just a tad. If I ever go back then Stand E.

Otherwise, just to be there and see history being made was fantastic!
Old 1 Jun 2016, 01:54 (Ref:3646216)   #152
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post

I made about a 5 minute video covering the race highlights for me, taken mostly from my seat in stand A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfALEcpaI2A
Amazing footage! Thanks for uploading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
If I ever go back...
It's always easy to say that "this was my first but won't be the last" but I've never attended the same race twice, except the Goodwood events in UK. Some of my colleagues at work think I've lost my marbles, since this was the fourth North American race weekend for me. Though I don't get that point, despite the activity at the track, on the outside there is still different architecture, different food, shops, cheaper beverages, usually better climate etc.
Old 1 Jun 2016, 11:23 (Ref:3646280)   #153
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
Amazing footage! Thanks for uploading.

It's always easy to say that "this was my first but won't be the last" but I've never attended the same race twice, except the Goodwood events in UK. Some of my colleagues at work think I've lost my marbles, since this was the fourth North American race weekend for me. Though I don't get that point, despite the activity at the track, on the outside there is still different architecture, different food, shops, cheaper beverages, usually better climate etc.
At one point I used to go to the British GP every year, when it used to alternate between Brands Hatch and Silverstone but once it became a permanent fixture at Silverstone, I went a couple of times more.

I've been to Le Mans three times but going back to Indy? I would love to one day but getting there was a bit of a mission; four flights in all. So maybe the 105th?
Old 1 Jun 2016, 12:39 (Ref:3646310)   #154
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great video Lanky! Very impressed you hung out for
the kissing of the bricks. You really get the sense of
the T1 speed. 2 and 3 wide. Feel bad for Munoz, he was tore up.
Good catch there.

Sounds like all you guys did the race right! Congrats.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 13:51 (Ref:3648473)   #155
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Little bit OT a week and half after the race weekend. I checked my credit card statement today. I noticed that I had refueled my rental car in Gary, IN.

No wonder the surroundings of the gas station looked so post-apocalyptic.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 16:14 (Ref:3648506)   #156
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
No wonder the surroundings of the gas station looked so post-apocalyptic.
That's the state of Indiana outside on Indianapolis and parts of Indianapolis itself!