Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Aug 2016, 20:49 (Ref:3665212)   #801
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Took me a while to find this thread again!

For anyone in and around London this month, there's an exhibition by Lara Platman called Through The Night at Leica Store City from August 15th to September 9th. It's showcasing Lara's motorsport photography .... at night, so the majority of the exhibition concerns sportscars (there are also photos of historic racing at least). The link to the gallery should give you a good idea of what to expect (i.e. all black-and-white), but I've linked some below as well:

Unfortunately I won't be down there at all this summer, but for anyone who is it might be worth taking a look.
Result, I work 5 minutes walk away so found an excuse for lunch time next week!
Old 12 Aug 2016, 01:03 (Ref:3665257)   #802
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kinda Off-Topic, but I was wondering on what's going on with Fiat-Chrysler lately? Sure that the Viper road car will be gone since the GTE program has been axed, but what about Ferrari's GT program?

On the other hand, will Sergio Marchionne go back to having two brands competing in sports car racing again? Volkswagen doesn't mind competition between two or three of their brands, but Ferrari not competing against Dodge (other than Ford, Chevrolet, or even Porsche) is kinda lonesome in my opinion.
Old 12 Aug 2016, 04:13 (Ref:3665279)   #803
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe it's not Marchionne's fault, he's the CEO of the group. I don't know exactly what each does but the Chairman is John Elkann and the biggest shareholder, of FCA, is Exor S.p.A, which belongs to the Agnelli family(similar to Porsche family and VAG).

John Elkann is also the CEO and Chairman of this ivestment company, so maybe it's less due to Marchionne himself.

I also think we cannot overlook that VAG have an awful lot more money to "play with". FCA have to operate more conservatively, so I think it's a bit harsh to expect the same level of commintment, from them, as VAG has been adopting.

They'll be always very cool and relaxed with Ferrari in F1 because Bernie gives them ~$180M, per season(~$100 just for being on the grid, then plus the WCC prize). Ferrari also lures the biggest sponsors, in F1, so Fiat-Chrysler likely has to put quite few money, if any at all, into the team. It's a great business/ROI to them
Old 15 Aug 2016, 12:41 (Ref:3665729)   #804
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
That Delta Wing GT concept photo as expected is hideous. Why not just make a new version of the Panoz GTR1. Maybe they can get a Ford GT ecoboost engine to power it. Would make a great fit in GTLM or GTD.
Old 15 Aug 2016, 14:36 (Ref:3665742)   #805
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Sounds like you've just described a Panoz dp.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 17:38 (Ref:3681435)   #806
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pretty cool to see, looks like Dyson has both of their old Lola MGs back.

Plus, for those with Twitter, both cars have their own accounts:

https://twitter.com/DRT_MG_Lola_16

https://twitter.com/DRT_MG_Lola_20
Quote:
DRT MG-Lola #16 ‏@DRT_MG_Lola_16 Oct 17 Reunited! Matching outfits coming soon.

Old 20 Oct 2016, 13:42 (Ref:3681597)   #807
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post

That is great! I remember seeing that Highcroft car finish on the podium at Petit in its last race. I was down behind their pit box and the team went ballistic, they were thrilled with the result. It was 2006 and they finished behind the Audi and Zytek cars.
Old 20 Oct 2016, 13:56 (Ref:3681599)   #808
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post

That is pretty cool!

Those things were really fast for a very short period of time and gave me a reason to where my MG hat at the circuit.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 22:12 (Ref:3720777)   #809
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ginetta buys Blyton Park

http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/yorks...ugh-test-track
Old 17 May 2017, 12:17 (Ref:3734057)   #810
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Level 5 auction happened, and my low-ball bid did not yield me a Lola, rats

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/plu...rouve-preneur/

Pretty impressive prices for out of date gt3 machines.
Old 17 May 2017, 14:37 (Ref:3734071)   #811
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The Level 5 auction happened, and my low-ball bid did not yield me a Lola, rats

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/plu...rouve-preneur/

Pretty impressive prices for out of date gt3 machines.
Too bad. Should I be surprised that the Lola went for less, even without an engine?

Chief Tucker owes 1 billion dollars to the FDC? Holy smokes!
Old 23 May 2017, 13:57 (Ref:3735474)   #812
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Brought up by a user question during today's S365 podcast. What do you think is the best sportscar race in 2017 so far? I would rank the Daytona 24 number one for sure. Also good was Blancpain GT Silverstone, WEC Silverstone, and Bathurst 12 hours.

Worst race: I would say any PWC Sprint X event.
Old 23 May 2017, 14:03 (Ref:3735475)   #813
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Brought up by a user question during today's S365 podcast. What do you think is the best sportscar race in 2017 so far? I would rank the Daytona 24 number one for sure. Also good was Blancpain GT Silverstone, WEC Silverstone, and Bathurst 12 hours.

Worst race: I would say any PWC Sprint X event.

There was plenty great racing at VIR for sprintX
Old 24 May 2017, 18:33 (Ref:3735726)   #814
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Super GT Autopolis, easily, then BES Silverstone. Still a lot of big sportscar races to come though.
Old 14 Oct 2017, 06:53 (Ref:3774138)   #815
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I'm not sure where to put this, but it seems to fit in this thread more than most.

Brendon Hartley will be replacing Pierre Gasly at the F1 US GP as the latter will contest the SF final next weekend.

Link here.

Even (probably) if it's only a one-race deal, it's good going for Brendon.
Old 14 Oct 2017, 12:26 (Ref:3774175)   #816
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I'm not sure where to put this, but it seems to fit in this thread more than most.

Brendon Hartley will be replacing Pierre Gasly at the F1 US GP as the latter will contest the SF final next weekend.

Link here.

Even (probably) if it's only a one-race deal, it's good going for Brendon.
Yes, good deal for Brendon. It will be nice to see him g get some practice in a single seater before heading to IndyCar. :0
Old 14 Oct 2017, 18:46 (Ref:3774199)   #817
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I think Hartley is a genuine contender for the second STR seat next year. Gasly is a shoo-in. Kvyat has disappointed.
Old 14 Oct 2017, 21:17 (Ref:3774223)   #818
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The F1 forum?

Seriously, there is a thread over there with a good intro from Razzzor. http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151883
Old 16 Oct 2017, 22:34 (Ref:3774572)   #819
matherto
Rookie

United Kingdom
St. Helens
matherto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I think Hartley is a genuine contender for the second STR seat next year. Gasly is a shoo-in. Kvyat has disappointed.
Is Gasly a shoe-in? Not exactly lit the world on fire.
Old 17 Oct 2017, 14:55 (Ref:3774671)   #820
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Looks like the soccer stadium development at Circuit of the Americas might get even bigger now. Originally built for the USL Austin Aztex, the Columbus Crew of MLS now looking at it as a option for relocation. It sounds cool on the surface as soccer and sportscar racing are my two favorite sports and its neat to have an idea of them mixing together in this small way, but the Crew is an original MLS club and we need these teams to build some history. Relocations ain't going to do that. Also I am still in mourning over the USA missing the world cup.
Old 31 Oct 2017, 18:16 (Ref:3777812)   #821
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
So the Perrin(n) project is no more. Colour me astonished. But DragonSpeed are stepping up, so that's good.
Old 10 Nov 2017, 15:46 (Ref:3779799)   #822
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
You can buy a Delta wing if you are interested

http://autoweek.com/article/supercar...n=awdailydrive

$375,000
Old 10 Nov 2017, 20:17 (Ref:3779833)   #823
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How much is the road tax?

Old 11 Nov 2017, 20:23 (Ref:3779953)   #824
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
How much is the road tax?

Lol, if you have to ask.....

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 22 Nov 2017, 13:00 (Ref:3782180)   #825
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Looks like Dinner with Racers podcast got a hold of Scott Tucker for an interview.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/scott-t...son-3-release/

No matter what your thoughts are on the guy it could be very interesting. I'll be listening shortly.