Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Which driver combination will win the Pirtek Enduro Cup?
#2 Pye/Luff WP HOLDEN 0 0%
#3 Russell/Douglas LDM HOLDEN 0 0%
#5 Winterbottom/Canto PRA FORD 0 0%
#6 Waters/Stanaway PRA FORD 0 0%
#7 T.Kelly/Le Brocq NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#8 Percat/Jones BJR HOLDEN 0 0%
#9 Reynolds/Youlden Erebus HOLDEN 0 0%
#12 Coulthard/D'Alberto DJRTP FORD 2 6.90%
#14 Slade/Walsh BJR HOLDEN 1 3.45%
#15 R.Kelly/Wall NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#17 McLaughlin/Premat DJRTP FORD 7 24.14%
#18 Holdsworth/Reindler CSR HOLDEN 0 0%
#19 W.Davison/Webb Tekno HOLDEN 0 0%
#21 Blanchard/Hazelwood TBR HOLDEN 0 0%
#22 Courtney/Perkins WP HOLDEN 0 0%
#23 Caruso/Fiore NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#33 Tander/Golding GRM HOLDEN 0 0%
#34 Moffat/Muscat GRM HOLDEN 0 0%
#55 Mostert/Owen PRA FORD 1 3.45%
#56 Bright/Jacobson PRA FORD 1 3.45%
#62 Rullo/A.Davison LDM HOLDEN 1 3.45%
#78 de Silvestro/D.Russell NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#88 Whincup/Dumbrell 888 HOLDEN 7 24.14%
#97 van Gisbergen/Campbell 888 HOLDEN 6 20.69%
#99 Wood/Pither Erebus HOLDEN 0 0%
#888 Lowndes/Richards 888 HOLDEN 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Jun 2017, 09:16 (Ref:3741122)   #51
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
40 years since Moff's 1-2 and 30 years since PB won his 9th...
They did a PB celebration last year, do we need another one?

Go back 40 years and 30 years, there was none of the stuff we get these days about "themes" telling us how special the race is, how much tradition there is, how much it means to win it etc...

Everyone knew how special the race was and how much it meant to win, and everything was concentrated on how good the race coming up was going to be, not constantly telling us how good all the previous ones were
Old 14 Jun 2017, 09:36 (Ref:3741127)   #52
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
They did a PB celebration last year, do we need another one?

Go back 40 years and 30 years, there was none of the stuff we get these days about "themes" telling us how special the race is, how much tradition there is, how much it means to win it etc...

Everyone knew how special the race was and how much it meant to win, and everything was concentrated on how good the race coming up was going to be, not constantly telling us how good all the previous ones were
does it matter?
Old 14 Jun 2017, 10:25 (Ref:3741135)   #53
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
why do the NRL and AFL grand final need a live a music act.

Is it not just a marketing idea to create interest amongst fringe supporters or older supporters and increase attendance and interest
To keep people entertained at half time. Maybe they should have had a music act at Bathurst when the track broke apart and they red flagged for over an hour?

Bathurst shouldn't need to "create interest". Its Bathurst! Sure celebrate 40 years since the 1-2, but it shouldn't need a theme to do so.
Old 14 Jun 2017, 10:27 (Ref:3741139)   #54
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS2244 View Post
Just curious but how many more seats are still available?
In the stands or in the cars?
Old 14 Jun 2017, 11:18 (Ref:3741149)   #55
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
To keep people entertained at half time. Maybe they should have had a music act at Bathurst when the track broke apart and they red flagged for over an hour?

Bathurst shouldn't need to "create interest". Its Bathurst! Sure celebrate 40 years since the 1-2, but it shouldn't need a theme to do so.
NRL fans that short of attention that they cant fill in 20 mins. (AFL have it pre-game)

agreed Bathurst doesnt "need" to create interest, But that doesnt mean it cant,

I will ask you the same question. does it matter?

and another why would you care? No skin of your nose or anyone elses. Seems to be working. Crowds are up
Old 14 Jun 2017, 12:11 (Ref:3741165)   #56
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I'll call you on that - maybe not "themes" but definitely a lot of talk about tradition, how much the race meant to win and plenty of hype and hoopla by the standards of the day.
Old 14 Jun 2017, 22:05 (Ref:3741448)   #57
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Myeh, I dont care either way, the Melbourne Cup doesn't need themes, but on the upside, its a good way educate kids about the history of the sport. I've got a son who asked a million questions after the Brock celebration, that's a good thing.
Old 14 Jun 2017, 22:21 (Ref:3741454)   #58
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
NRL fans that short of attention that they cant fill in 20 mins. (AFL have it pre-game)

agreed Bathurst doesnt "need" to create interest, But that doesnt mean it cant,

I will ask you the same question. does it matter?

and another why would you care? No skin of your nose or anyone elses. Seems to be working. Crowds are up
I'm discussing Bathurst, not the attention span of the Football fans. I'll ask you a question, is this a forum? It matters to me that Bathurst is deemed to need a theme. Its Bathurst, it doesn't need one, which was my original statement.

So crowds are up because of the theme?
Old 14 Jun 2017, 22:52 (Ref:3741458)   #59
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I'm discussing Bathurst, not the attention span of the Football fans. I'll ask you a question, is this a forum? It matters to me that Bathurst is deemed to need a theme. Its Bathurst, it doesn't need one, which was my original statement.

So crowds are up because of the theme?
Largest crowd was the 50th race, definitely a theme. Happy to say crowds are up as a result of themes

Many people like themes for the nostalgia, we like to see car done up in retro paint schemes, or to see old cars or drivers circulate. Or as mayhem said, educate our kids. In the lead up to the event i enjoy watching old videos or you tubes of old races. the bathurst channel on Fox will be showing highlights of old races, that will fantastic. I didnt see anyone complain about it last year

does the race need it. No, but does it add to the Hype and experience of the event, absolutely. There is a reason the indy 500 winner drink milk and kiss the pavement. Do we need champagne to celebrate the winner, no but its about traditions.

Does it matter to people, like yourself, who dont care about it. Not at all. you get your race. Makes absolutely no difference to those people apart from giving them another opportunity to whinge about Supercars
Old 15 Jun 2017, 00:20 (Ref:3741466)   #60
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Largest crowd was the 50th race, definitely a theme. Happy to say crowds are up as a result of themes
so you did some polling at the track as to why fans were there did you, and the overwhelming result was "themes"? Nothing to do with the anniversary?

Quote:
Many people like themes for the nostalgia, we like to see car done up in retro paint schemes, or to see old cars or drivers circulate. Or as mayhem said, educate our kids. In the lead up to the event i enjoy watching old videos or you tubes of old races. the bathurst channel on Fox will be showing highlights of old races, that will fantastic. I didnt see anyone complain about it last year
This is called "history", not a "theme"

Quote:
does the race need it. No, but does it add to the Hype and experience of the event, absolutely. There is a reason the indy 500 winner drink milk and kiss the pavement. Do we need champagne to celebrate the winner, no but its about traditions.
You said it yourself, this is "tradition". This is not a "theme"

Quote:
Does it matter to people, like yourself, who dont care about it. Not at all. you get your race. Makes absolutely no difference to those people apart from giving them another opportunity to whinge about Supercars
Can you define "those people" that you are categorising me as being part of?
Old 15 Jun 2017, 00:20 (Ref:3741467)   #61
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2017 Pirtek Enduro Cup

Quote:

I don't know why you're so wound up about this as there's no need to be. Why can't we just all get along mate?

Themes shouldn't be mandatory for each year but if the organisers think up a relevant theme to do with a certain aspect or people involved in the history of the sport it can be only a good thing. It helps the oldies get all nostalgic and the kids asking questions which helps them learn more about the sport. Everyone has different interests so if it helps one person become a fan then I see it as a win win.

Regardless of whether it's Supercars or something else. That's not the point.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 00:27 (Ref:3741468)   #62
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I don't know why you're so wound up about this as there's no need to be. Why can't we just all get along mate?

Themes shouldn't be mandatory for each year but if the organisers think up a relevant theme to do with a certain aspect or people involved in the history of the sport it can be only a good thing. It helps the oldies get all nostalgic and the kids asking questions which helps them learn more about the sport. Everyone has different interests so if it helps one person become a fan then I see it as a win win.

Regardless of whether it's Supercars or something else. That's not the point.
Apart from your personal comment I think we are agreeing, Your probably should be replying to the people with an issue instead of me
Old 15 Jun 2017, 00:35 (Ref:3741469)   #63
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
so you did some polling at the track as to why fans were there did you, and the overwhelming result was "themes"? Nothing to do with the anniversary?

Can you define "those people" that you are categorising me as being part of?
Was not the 50th race the theme they promoted in marketing? Its not a big deal

I think i did define it in the paragraph you quoted "Does it matter to people, like yourself, who dont care about it" ("it" being themes which we are discussing)

Its not a big deal, doesnt affect you in the slightist, Are you just using it as another opportunity to whinge about supercars?
Old 15 Jun 2017, 02:30 (Ref:3741490)   #64
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
No big deal then is it? you asked a question, i gave you the answer, you complained that it wasnt needed, i explained why it was.

Let it go and move on, because it doesnt affect you in any way
No, you gave your opinion, not the answer. You gave your opinion on why you thought it was needed, not an explanation.

My opinion doesn't affect you in any way, yet you feel the need to defend Supercars, as you do with every other opinion that doesn't match yours and/or toe the Supercars line as gospel. Maybe i'm not the one that needs to let go...
Old 15 Jun 2017, 03:02 (Ref:3741501)   #65
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
No, you gave your opinion, not the answer. You gave your opinion on why you thought it was needed, not an explanation.

My opinion doesn't affect you in any way, yet you feel the need to defend Supercars, as you do with every other opinion that doesn't match yours and/or toe the Supercars line as gospel. Maybe i'm not the one that needs to let go...
firstly, wasnt my opinion, it was how the supercars marketing department is working

But fair enough, As long as we use the same standard when we talk all forms of motorsport and not just Supercars.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 03:17 (Ref:3741508)   #66
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
firstly, wasnt my opinion, it was how the supercars marketing department is working

But fair enough, As long as we use the same standard when we talk all forms of motorsport and not just Supercars.
Ok sorry didn't realise you were in Marketing, thought it was elsewhere.

I have that approach regardless of category in Motorsport, or topic in general. If you think otherwise I suspect you have me confused with someone else.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 07:56 (Ref:3741540)   #67
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
I'll call you on that - maybe not "themes" but definitely a lot of talk about tradition, how much the race meant to win and plenty of hype and hoopla by the standards of the day.
Tradition is not a theme, but have a look at the DVD of the 1977 race with the pre-race festivities, have a read of the 1977 race program, the past certainly gets mentioned, but they are all more interested in the great event about to come up, not waxing lyrical about how close a Studebaker came to winning or having a parade of XR GT's because it was ten years since they won.

In the build up to the race in the last ten or so years you hear more talk about the past than you do about how everyone is looking forward to what is coming up. Why is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
Was not the 50th race the theme they promoted in marketing?
They didn't promote, market or have a 50th race theme.

They did promote "50 years" of the event though.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 09:33 (Ref:3741552)   #68
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In the build up to the race in the last ten or so years you hear more talk about the past than you do about how everyone is looking forward to what is coming up. Why is that?
I think that is because there is now all this empty time in the morning of the race, as the cars have got quicker & more reliable, the race starts later. So instead of more supports racing, we have 45 mins of bullshit before the start.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 09:48 (Ref:3741556)   #69
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Tradition is not a theme, but have a look at the DVD of the 1977 race with the pre-race festivities, have a read of the 1977 race program, the past certainly gets mentioned, but they are all more interested in the great event about to come up, not waxing lyrical about how close a Studebaker came to winning or having a parade of XR GT's because it was ten years since they won.

They didn't promote, market or have a 50th race theme.

They did promote "50 years" of the event though.
sorry you are right, it was a 50th year theme, my mistake for using the wrong word

here is the 1984 pre race tribute to the big bangers

and the cover to 1992, which for some reason is promting a 30th theme

Last edited by peckstar; 15 Jun 2017 at 10:02.
Old 16 Jun 2017, 05:01 (Ref:3742076)   #70
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IIRC, I think that was the 30th anniversary of the running of the race at Bathurst. Not the 30th anniversary of the enduro event as a whole
Old 16 Jun 2017, 08:28 (Ref:3742117)   #71
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell View Post
IIRC, I think that was the 30th anniversary of the running of the race at Bathurst. Not the 30th anniversary of the enduro event as a whole
Correct, 1st Armstrong 500 at Bathurst (after moving the event from Phillip Island), was in 1963. Hence, 30th race in 1992.

And Peckstar, recognizing and promoting an anniversary is not the same as promoting with a theme.
Old 16 Jun 2017, 08:35 (Ref:3742121)   #72
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZedMikey View Post
Correct, 1st Armstrong 500 at Bathurst (after moving the event from Phillip Island), was in 1963. Hence, 30th race in 1992.

And Peckstar, recognizing and promoting an anniversary is not the same as promoting with a theme.
Thus the reason 2012 was 50. (20 years later)

If you say so, matters not one bit, just a term, both are promotion

Let me also add that I added a person to my group this week because of the 40 years since the 1-2

Last edited by peckstar; 16 Jun 2017 at 08:40.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 09:03 (Ref:3745696)   #73
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.supercars.com/news/champi...nduro-line-up/
#8 Macauley Jones
#21 Todd Hazelwood
Old 21 Jun 2017, 09:07 (Ref:3745697)   #74
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Good for Mr Hazelwood!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 21 Jun 2017, 09:21 (Ref:3745698)   #75
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was to be expected.

But a well-earned gig all the same.