Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 22 Nov 2002, 15:39 (Ref:434729)   #26
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got a press release from Yoong's people last night about the Forsythe offer and asked to be kept advised. They sent me a photograph of Yoong that has been added to my if I were only 25 years younger file.

I don't care if he can drive or not. ALEX YOONG IS A BABE!

Sorry for that appalling lapse in objectivity.
Old 22 Nov 2002, 16:46 (Ref:434768)   #27
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tiresmoke
Well, Forsythe is out of CART next year if he can't find a replacement for Player's so bring on Yoong's sponsors.
Umm, Forsythe is CART.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 22 Nov 2002, 16:54 (Ref:434772)   #28
MolsonBoy
Racer

MolsonBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the F1 Live web site.
www.f1-live.com
Yoong reveals Forsythe offer
For the 2003 CART season [22/11/02 - 05:09]

Alex Yoong midst confusion in the media regarding speculation that Minardi Formula One driver Alex Yoong may be on the verge of joining Team Player's in the 2003 CART championship, the Malaysian driver has revealed that an offer from the Forsythe Racing team has been put to him rather than one from Team Player's.
Old 22 Nov 2002, 19:09 (Ref:434869)   #29
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So he'd be running an Indeck car, not a Player's car. Or whatever (Malaysia?) sponsorship of his own.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 22 Nov 2002, 19:17 (Ref:434874)   #30
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, that's the offer that's on the table. A wholly separate outfit run I think in the USA although that's dependent on where they can find facilities to set the team up.
Old 23 Nov 2002, 04:46 (Ref:435120)   #31
greg.n
Racer

greg.n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to the old ex Tasman facilities whenn Forsythe bought them? It makes sense for Gerry to set up a second operation, apparently Players-Forsythe is part owned by Players which makes me wonder what will happen in 2004 when the baccy sponsorship ends. Will the parent company sponsor under a non-tobacco brand?
Old 23 Nov 2002, 14:32 (Ref:435296)   #32
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yea I think Greg.N has it, the Tasman facilities are still tehre, he ran Tony Kanaan with them in 1999 and Bryan Herta in 2001, so he is used to running 3 cars.

Alex Yoong is not in the same league as Tracy or Carpentier though, so maybe the focus will be on the Players team, notwithstanding that Yoong's sponsors will have to believe they are getting equal treatment.

Maybe some extra UK sponsorship can be achieved, Yoong is half-English.
Old 23 Nov 2002, 21:43 (Ref:435473)   #33
Rambo
Racer

Rambo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why would you want to advertise that fact? It'd kill off UK sponsorship! Nobody likes useless losers...
Old 23 Nov 2002, 23:57 (Ref:435573)   #34
Liz
Veteran

Lots of people like useless losers. Al Gore is on a book tour right as we speak!

Anyway if he's got money he's not useless.
Old 24 Nov 2002, 00:01 (Ref:435577)   #35
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe he's useless, but his money ain't.
Old 24 Nov 2002, 00:02 (Ref:435579)   #36
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I think I just performed a stutter for Liz. Sorry.