Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Dec 2010, 23:10 (Ref:2800609)   #51
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
My local Halford's cycle store has this in the window- does it qualify?

Pashley
Yes if you want to bring it (you my have to buy it first)
Old 7 Dec 2010, 06:06 (Ref:2800702)   #52
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Yes if you want to bring it (you my have to buy it first)

Don't they do demos? Have been seriously tempted for a while and as it has been in window for several months.............
Old 7 Dec 2010, 08:37 (Ref:2800734)   #53
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Delightfully retro, but I've always preferred the no lift dérailleur system, all this double declutching on Sturmey Archers takes longer. Hark? Is that a turbo whooshing? Oh no, it's tenthers wheezing as they cycle round the circuit
Old 7 Dec 2010, 09:57 (Ref:2800761)   #54
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Pashley
I got quite excited about this......until I saw the price!

I thought 'push bikes' were about £100? For the money they're asking, I would have expected an engine!

I don't believe it!
Old 7 Dec 2010, 10:20 (Ref:2800769)   #55
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
I got quite excited about this......until I saw the price!

I thought 'push bikes' were about £100? For the money they're asking, I would have expected an engine!

I don't believe it!
Victor? / John- the frame of my mountain bike retailed for £2000 in 1996......... (Luckily I imported them at that time and didn't pay that.)

But it was hand made in titanium out of a specially drawn Alcoa tubeset in CA by some very cool dudes. And it is now a collectors item, as they don't make them to that quality anymore.....
Old 7 Dec 2010, 10:31 (Ref:2800773)   #56
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Victor? / John- the frame of my mountain bike retailed for £2000 in 1996......... (Luckily I imported them at that time and didn't pay that.)

But it was hand made in titanium out of a specially drawn Alcoa tubeset in CA by some very cool dudes. And it is now a collectors item, as they don't make them to that quality anymore.....
Was the Alcoa tubeset rolled on the thighs of patagonian virgins with a certificate of authenticity?
.....and I thought Harley Davidson's were expensive?
Old 7 Dec 2010, 10:33 (Ref:2800775)   #57
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
They are

The patagonian virgins were included in the price
Old 7 Dec 2010, 11:17 (Ref:2800791)   #58
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Pashley
I love it Mike,
may take a trip to Halfords to have a closer look!
Old 7 Dec 2010, 11:27 (Ref:2800798)   #59
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like the thing my grandfather used to ride, & Sturmey Archer, please. Never could get them to work properly.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 11:37 (Ref:2800803)   #60
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Was the Alcoa tubeset rolled on the thighs of patagonian virgins with a certificate of authenticity?
Harley Davidsons are expensive because they are ridden by middle aged men who can afford the price....
Old 7 Dec 2010, 11:58 (Ref:2800813)   #61
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
Harley Davidsons are expensive because they are ridden by middle aged men who can afford the price....
Not always Simon. A few years ago I met a 5ft 30year old blonde girl with a Sportster and a t-shirt that said "F**k housework - Let's ride"
Old 7 Dec 2010, 12:12 (Ref:2800819)   #62
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
My very best American buddy and his other half have 'his & hers' Harleys, and also 'his & hers' restored Vespas. If they want to go places they both hop on the BMW RS.....
Old 7 Dec 2010, 12:15 (Ref:2800820)   #63
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not always Simon. A few years ago I met a 5ft 30year old blonde girl with a Sportster and a t-shirt that said "F**k housework - Let's ride"

.........and?
Old 7 Dec 2010, 12:18 (Ref:2800826)   #64
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
.........and?
She wasn't, as Simon quoted, a 'middle aged man"

Shall we get back on thread before we're all banned?
Old 7 Dec 2010, 12:19 (Ref:2800829)   #65
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rode off into the sunset ....?

I wonder if Pashley might like to take part in the event?
Old 7 Dec 2010, 12:28 (Ref:2800839)   #66
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
She wasn't, as Simon quoted, a 'middle aged man"

Shall we get back on thread before we're all banned?
or move to the Winter Thread where I am sure she will be well recieved!
Old 7 Dec 2010, 12:28 (Ref:2800840)   #67
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Ahem! so what we are looking for is a Hardley Ableson in Gulf colours? With or without 30 year old blonde.....
Old 7 Dec 2010, 12:29 (Ref:2800842)   #68
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Actually, hold the bike.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 12:43 (Ref:2800848)   #69
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
No, you hold the bike
Old 7 Dec 2010, 12:44 (Ref:2800849)   #70
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmm.

The thread title specifically refers to 'cars'.

'Vans' stretches the point a little (quite acceptably in my view) but not as far as would 2 wheel transport.

Sooo, change the title (assuming it is a shoo-in for the concept of 'regulations') to 'vehicles' rather then cars?; or leave it to a few creative people to adapt 2 wheeled transport into something that would pass 'scrutiny' as a 'car' and enjoy the results?
Old 7 Dec 2010, 12:45 (Ref:2800850)   #71
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
No, you hold the bike
Can't; too busy painting this Blonde.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 13:50 (Ref:2800874)   #72
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Finished have we?

Now, back on thread then.....so...ANY VEHICLE (as stated in my original post) that is in GULF colours....therefore

BIKE YES
30 SOMETHING BLONDE NO

(Except me )

All clear?...good x
Old 7 Dec 2010, 13:56 (Ref:2800878)   #73
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Can't; too busy painting this Blonde.
Based on Claire's latest post there's no point Peter - unless you can come up with a way of fitting wheels and some form of motive power as well ....
Old 8 Dec 2010, 09:21 (Ref:2801249)   #74
Technohippy
Rookie

Technohippy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Based on Claire's latest post there's no point Peter - unless you can come up with a way of fitting wheels and some form of motive power as well ....
Roller skates and a good curry?
Old 8 Dec 2010, 09:31 (Ref:2801256)   #75
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome, Technohippy.

The 'Lighter side' beckons for some of these posts, I fear. Back to the Gulf 'Vehicles' - thread title changed.