Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Mar 2012, 19:15 (Ref:3037639)   #26
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperClan View Post
Does anyone know how this would effect someone holding a Belgian International C Licence which states 'Permanent participation approval, valid for all appropriate international FIA calendar events'

From previous comments I take it that a Letter of authority would be required to compete in other EU country National events.

Pete Richards

Well,
it took me some time to understand this:
It took even longer to make m ASN understand every detail.

An International License (such as Your C-License) is ONLY ONE of the condtions that You need to go racing outside of Your home country.

You still need - in addtion to Your international license - a permit from Your Belgian ASN.
For international events You need a permit IN ACCORDANCE WITH ARTICLE 17 of the ISC.
In many cases this permit is printed on the back of an international license, the Germans do that.
You dont need a such permit if You are a professional racer, racing in Europe. I just love this, the FIA had to allow this to avoid falling foul of European labour laws. This shows how close to the wind of European citicens rights they are sailing.

For national events You would need a permit in accordance with Article 18 of the ISC.
In addition, the national event that You want to enter needs to inscribed on the FIA calendar OR the promoter must have applied to their national ASN to be allowed to accepts international entries.
If they have not You CANT ENTER with any kind of license or permit as a foreigner. Prescott hillclimb of th BOC is such an event.
The HSCC have the permit to accept international entries.

The sporting organisations try to keep national championships local and clean apparently to avoid locals youths getting swamped.

I hate all this unnecessary red tape und think that in Europe I should be allowed to race where I want.

The British MSA should realise that this legislation potentially damages the British Motorsport Industry and the companies that provide services to foreigners like me.

I have made the German ISN realise that historic racing is different and that my racing Historc races in Britain will stall some youngsters potential F1 career.

These people in the FIA are elected and supported by us.
We need to make them understand what we want and not dance desperately to their tune.

The German ISN has taken its time to realise that I need a letter (Artcle 18) as well because the German IC license mentions only Article 17.
They are still struggling with the wording.

I HATE THIS MADNESS, FREE EUROPEAN RACING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rudolf
Old 9 Mar 2012, 20:24 (Ref:3037670)   #27
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Isn't this why NEAFP events were brought in? National Events with Authorised Foreign Participation.

I had a customer in today who has a UK licence and a German Licence because he reckons he can only enter ONE "foreign" event on his UK licence per year, NEAFP or not.

Now, when I started racing I am sure I had to declare that I did NOT hold a licence issued by any other ASN, has that changed or is my memory just faulty?
Old 9 Mar 2012, 21:22 (Ref:3037702)   #28
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Does anyone know how this would effect someone holding a Belgian International C Licence which states 'Permanent participation approval, valid for all appropriate international FIA calendar events'

From previous comments I take it that a Letter of authority would be required to compete in other EU country National events.

Pete Richards
Correct.

If it's an internationally permitted event he wouldn't need the permission of the ASN but he will for a National level event regardless of the grade of his licence.
Old 9 Mar 2012, 21:29 (Ref:3037705)   #29
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As I understand it, the FIA have brought in the requirement that competitors in National permitted events that are NEAFP inscribed require the starting permission of their ASN if that event is outside the area of their ASN. The Article does not apply to internationally permitted (ie FIA events).

The MSA and other ASN's have no option but to comply and organising clubs will have no option but to enforce the new Article.

I believe the change came in during January so the MSA would have formalised the form of licence for this year, presumably they'll include the starting permission as standard in another year (if the requirement stays the same).

Not much point blaming the MSA - it's presumably costing them a fortune in resources to deal with the issue....
Old 10 Mar 2012, 14:53 (Ref:3037933)   #30
Jan Biekens
Rookie

Jan Biekens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Pete Richards
That's true Pete. I'm holder of an International license H1 issued by the RACB. They very quickly responded with an authorisation letter but it was wrong as you can read what the HSCC mailed me :
Unfortunately they have not quite understood the authorisatin the FIA are seeking (they are not alone and it is confusing) We are seeking their authorisation for you to compete in registered National Events with Approved Foreign Participation which are subject to Article 18 of the International Sporting Code. The permission they have granted is only for events run on an International Permit (and is subject to Article 70).
I'm still waiting for the letter with the right wording and hope it will be there before Donington next week. It's very rare that we are competing with 5 Stanguellini's FJ in the UK and it would be a shame if this coudn't happen because of a few misspelled words.
Old 10 Mar 2012, 17:38 (Ref:3037981)   #31
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Do you know what,the blooming world's gone mad!!!!. F.F.Sake you have an international licence. Whats the point!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10 Mar 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3037982)   #32
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Do you know what,the blooming world's gone mad!!!!. F.F.Sake you have an international licence. Whats the point!!!!!!!!!!

Just about the exact same words I spoke to the MSA Licencing Department.
Old 10 Mar 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3037994)   #33
Piglet
Veteran

...tell the FIA that...no point whining at your ASN...
Old 10 Mar 2012, 19:35 (Ref:3038003)   #34
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ridiculous situation. I remember years ago it was a pain having to obtain an International licence just to do a foreign clubbie event, then it all went nice and simple with the NEAFP - just turn up and show normal licence and now its turned into a farce. Jeez!!
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 12 Mar 2012, 13:19 (Ref:3038803)   #35
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Belgian friend went to the RACB offices this morning to enquire about a Letter of Authority. Guess what, they were extremely busy dealing with the very high number of requests already received and they will post it to him when it is ready.

Interestingly they asked him for what event he required it for in order to check that the event was authorised.

Pete Richards
Old 12 Mar 2012, 14:06 (Ref:3038823)   #36
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we need a Europe wide petition starting up.What a totally senseless situation to have created,could liken it to the 'Five Year' HTPs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12 Mar 2012, 16:31 (Ref:3038897)   #37
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
I think we need a Europe wide petition starting up.What a totally senseless situation to have created,could liken it to the 'Five Year' HTPs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The thing about red tape is that cutting up usually means it just spreads about on the wind of change. Destruction requires incineration. Something nuclear should do the trick.
Old 12 Mar 2012, 17:34 (Ref:3038922)   #38
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
...tell the FIA that...no point whining at your ASN...
Oh but surely the MSA is our best channel for applying pressure to the FIA. If sufficient disquiet is felt by the MSA (and assuming that what is reported is as daft as it seems) it will quickly be seen as something which the MSA needs to have sorted for their members (and a quieter life in the office. )

Regards

Jim
Old 12 Mar 2012, 20:31 (Ref:3039000)   #39
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
Oh but surely the MSA is our best channel for applying pressure to the FIA. If sufficient disquiet is felt by the MSA (and assuming that what is reported is as daft as it seems) it will quickly be seen as something which the MSA needs to have sorted for their members (and a quieter life in the office. )

Regards

Jim

Don't be daft, they'll just put a charge on it!!!!!!!

Since when did the MSA do anything for the great unwashed? We are just there to provide funds for their pet projects and keep them employed.
Old 12 Mar 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3039006)   #40
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post

Regards

Jim
Dealt with in a constructive manner then yes I'd agree, done in a heated and grumpy conversation with someone in the licensing dept probably isn't going to help....I suspect the bods in the licensing department aren't terribly chuffed with the situation as it is!

I imagine that next year the starting permission will be included on the licence so there there will be no need for an additional letter it just seems to have come in too late to be added to the licence blank.
Old 13 Mar 2012, 10:10 (Ref:3040173)   #41
Jan Biekens
Rookie

Jan Biekens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got my letter yesterday and after the HSCC mailed me that it was perfect now, I opened a bottle of champagne. What a party we had, it was a greater feeling then winning the Lurani series A. Maybe I should retire soon from racing because what can you achieve more then having the sight of a Letter of Authority rolling out of your printer.
Old 13 Mar 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3040259)   #42
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!

Old 13 Mar 2012, 18:31 (Ref:3040443)   #43
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
Dealt with in a constructive manner then yes I'd agree, done in a heated and grumpy conversation with someone in the licensing dept probably isn't going to help....I suspect the bods in the licensing department aren't terribly chuffed with the situation as it is!

I imagine that next year the starting permission will be included on the licence so there there will be no need for an additional letter it just seems to have come in too late to be added to the licence blank.
Thats exactly the sort of conversation I did have,the poor sod I spoke to seemed almost sorry for those with Int Licences.
Old 14 Mar 2012, 21:22 (Ref:3041143)   #44
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As an event coordinator, it is even worse...

The French says that you don't need it and the FIA says the opposite.

And even the guys from the French federation don't know what to say.........
Old 15 Mar 2012, 07:12 (Ref:3041320)   #45
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Is this why last years license had EU on it and this years doesn't? (got mine yesterday are finally being bothered to sign/post the form )

better get on thephone then, Spa in June, what else are they going to change . . .
Old 15 Mar 2012, 07:28 (Ref:3041322)   #46
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is a bit confusing, but I guess that's why the EU markings have gone. When one considers the EU Treaty regs, it seems daft that this should suddenly be applied. Next we'll see the borders re-erected between France and Belgium, especially if France pulls out of the Schengen agreement.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 09:44 (Ref:3041365)   #47
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Wouldn't life be so much easier if the FiA dissapeared up its own ar53 and actually stayed there?
Old 15 Mar 2012, 09:49 (Ref:3041368)   #48
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to confirm some of the earlier messages about the excellent efficiency of the MSA licensing dept. I sent of a simple email to them requesting the Authorisation Letter and received one back by return.

I was most impressed, they really do have their act together on this front.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 14:06 (Ref:3041528)   #49
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Phone call took less than 10 sec's.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 16:03 (Ref:3043965)   #50
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Wouldn't life be so much easier if the FiA dissapeared up its own ar53 and actually stayed there?

Or...and this may be a LITTLE LEFT FIELD...so DO FORGIVE ME COLNBROOK IF THIS SEEMS TOO MUCH ....BUT...IF IT WAS DOWN TO ME AT THE MSA I WOULD..........

1 As I have a database....it has EVERY licence on it that I have issued as the governing body of Motorsport, each ;icenec has a unique licence number ..so......

2 As because of timings or what have you I now have the world and his wife ringing me every day and I am having to produce AD HOC letters and spend hours on end saying the same thing on the phone I would.............

3 Do a mail merge with the database of the licences and send out the blanket letter to the licences holders with a covering "you may need this if you are going to race abroad" explaining letter and then.......

4 My telephone line is no longer hot, My licence department (all three of them) isnt over heated and stressed...EVERY licence holder knows the score and next year ...

5 I will put it on the licence

in the words of that meercat ......simples