Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Dec 2014, 13:26 (Ref:3481463)   #76
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
There's no mention on the Classic website, in fact races exactly as last year! That is, except for no 'Mustang etc' ones, so they have space for Jag wars........

Old 3 Dec 2014, 16:42 (Ref:3481520)   #77
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Official release from GTSCC on their dates for 2015-

May 2/3 Donington Historic Festival

May 16/17 Silverstone HSCC International Meeting

June 13/14 Snetterton HSCC Autosport 3hr

Sept 5th Brands Hatch GP AMOC

Oct 23-25th Portimao Algarve Classic Festival

Race lengths not announced, but guess from previous years will be minimum 90 mins up to 3hrs at Snetterton.

Old 4 Dec 2014, 14:44 (Ref:3481863)   #78
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
HMRN calendar now released. Pre '63 combined with Peter Auto Pre '66 at their events (2hr races & separate podium) but stand alone at Spa 6 and Silverstone. Latter if follows previous years will be 60 mins or less.

U2TC – Pre’63 GT – 1000km Series Calendar 2015

28-29 March: Vallelunga Classic (Pre- ’63 GT only)

2-4 May: Donington Historic Festival (U2TC, 1000km)

22-24 May: Spa Classic (U2TC, Pre- ’63 GT)

5-7 June: Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or Dijon (U2TC, Pre- ’63 GT)

10-12 July: Monza Historic (U2TC, Pre- ’63 GT)

24-26 July: Silverstone Classic (U2TC, Pre- ’63 GT)

17-20 September: Spa Six Hour Meeting (U2TC, Pre- ’63 GT)

2-4 October: Dix Mille Tours du Castellet (U2TC, Pre- ’63 GT)

23-25 October: Algarve Classic Festival (U2TC)
Old 5 Dec 2014, 09:44 (Ref:3482153)   #79
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!

Alarm bells went off . . . . as long as theres a night race!
Old 5 Dec 2014, 14:43 (Ref:3482243)   #80
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post

Alarm bells went off . . . . as long as theres a night race!
There will be a night race
Old 10 Dec 2014, 14:56 (Ref:3483742)   #81
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Le Mans 13/06/2015

This from Motor Racing Legends, organisers of the annual Historic support race before the 24hr. If you're interested, get your name down quick as it is usually oversubscribed! It also aint cheap, but only chance for historics to race on the full circuit other than at Le Mans Classic.

"On Saturday 13th June 2015, the Le Mans Legend will once again return to the Le Mans 24 Hour weekend with a sensational grid of 61 Le Mans cars, to race on the full Le Mans circuit just a few hours before the start of the modern 24 Hours endurance event.

In a change to recent years, cars will be accepted from 1949 right up to, and including, 1968. This will allow in such iconic cars as the Ford GT40, Porsche 908 and 910, and the Alfa Romeo T33/2 – in addition to the plethora of sports and GT cars from the 1950s and 1960s that so famously ran at Le Mans in period.

The Le Mans Legend, organised by Motor Racing Legends, is the annual support race at the Le Mans 24 Hours – and a jewel in the crown of historic motorsport. Each year, we select an era of Le Mans history and invite genuine race cars and their sister cars from that period to take part in a highly nostalgic, but highly competitive historic race on the full 8.5-mile Le Mans circuit, on the Saturday morning of the Le Mans weekend. However in recognition of the traditionally broad spread of performances between the fastest and the slowest cars, we will limit entries from the earlier cars to those we believe capable of lapping Le Mans in a reasonable time. Additionally, entries will not be accepted from any Chevrolet-engined Lola T70s."

Old 10 Dec 2014, 17:05 (Ref:3483772)   #82
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
great shame it clashes with Snet 3 Hours... out of interest what is the entry fee?
Old 10 Dec 2014, 18:07 (Ref:3483778)   #83
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
great shame it clashes with Snet 3 Hours... out of interest what is the entry fee?
Yes, a shame but don't expect the ACO checked with HSCC before deciding on the date for the 24hr!

Entry fee is 'on application' I think! If I get wind of it will PM you.....

I supported a friend doing the race several years ago, and as you would expect at such a high profile event you do get the impression of being treated as the poor relation. A plus for me though was the passes that we had, which allowed access to the 24hr paddock and pits. Now that was interesting!
Old 10 Dec 2014, 22:55 (Ref:3483854)   #84
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, shall I attempt an entry with the MGB then?
Old 11 Dec 2014, 08:12 (Ref:3483994)   #85
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Yes, a shame but don't expect the ACO checked with HSCC before deciding on the date for the 24hr!

Entry fee is 'on application' I think! If I get wind of it will PM you.....

I supported a friend doing the race several years ago, and as you would expect at such a high profile event you do get the impression of being treated as the poor relation. A plus for me though was the passes that we had, which allowed access to the 24hr paddock and pits. Now that was interesting!
I know the feeling as on a lesser scale I did a few of the historic support races for the British GP. Got a load of tickets in the entry fee so actually made it pretty reasonable.

I think the reality of the LM support race is that its a jolly and nothing else but I would probably prefer that than being scared witless by the atrocious driving standards at the LMC
Old 11 Dec 2014, 12:38 (Ref:3484062)   #86
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick JM View Post
So, shall I attempt an entry with the MGB then?
No reason why not, plenty of period LM history for the model!

What will happen though, and rightly IMO, is that a genuine LM Car will get preference over a car without the history.

Agree, Simon, the race to me is best way to tick the 'I've raced the circuit' box, but needs to be approached (as does LMC) as an occasion to be enjoyed and not one to be desperate about performing...

Old 11 Dec 2014, 22:37 (Ref:3484228)   #87
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really? I mean I thought all that sort of stuff was for "real" histeric motors with owners with lots of readies and big lorries full of races things including Bitburgers?

Joking aside I take your point about preference to cars in period which actually raced there but do you think I would really be given credence as an entry? After all I'm only a weekend warrior and although I consider myself a respectful and considerate driver to the more expensive machinery what are the credentials which the powers that be look at when considering entries?
Old 12 Dec 2014, 02:29 (Ref:3484269)   #88
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Mr D ,You have never been to LMC?

Lots of crap drivers but well spread.

Not that many incidents in the seven Classics.

The ******s are in 1 and 6.
Old 12 Dec 2014, 07:14 (Ref:3484314)   #89
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick JM View Post
Joking aside I take your point about preference to cars in period which actually raced there but do you think I would really be given credence as an entry?
Nick, if I was an organiser first priority would be a full entry!

Then I would be looking at a good mix of cars- not too many of same type. It's all a show, after all.

Then I would be giving priority to cars with period Le Mans history.

After that, non historic cars that are presented correctly and to a high standard.

Added to that will be taking into consideration how much an entrant spends with me away from this event.... (Although this race is not part of their series', and they don't run one that MGB etc fit into, anyway.)

Then of course, I expect that cars will have to have a current HTP, and drivers an Int C or H licence. It is a two driver race, so need a buddy with equal credentials.

You know what they say, if you don't try, etc........

Old 12 Dec 2014, 09:21 (Ref:3484329)   #90
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I didn't hit anything! tracks nice and wide

Nick, If you don't ask . . . Are there any real MGB LeMans cars left ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Mr D ,You have never been to LMC?

Lots of crap drivers but well spread.

Not that many incidents in the seven Classics.

The ******s are in 1 and 6.
Old 12 Dec 2014, 18:34 (Ref:3484459)   #91
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
2015 STCC Calendar

The Super Touring Car Trophy has 4 confirmed dates for 2015-

2-4 May. Donington Historic Festival

24/25 May. Brands Hatch. (Masters meeting, GP circuit Sunday, Indy Monday)

24-26 July. Silverstone Classic

5/6 Sept. Rockingham. (BTCC Support race)

They also have announced a PROVISIONAL non championship race at the Spa 6hrs meeting.

Old 12 Dec 2014, 18:50 (Ref:3484462)   #92
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Motor Racing Legends 2015 calendar

MRL have today put the 2015 race dates on their website http://www.motorracinglegends.com/in...?subj=Calendar

2-4 May Donington Historic Festival

23-24 May Brands Hatch GP (Masters meeting)

26-28 July Silverstone Classic

18-20 Sept Spa 6hrs meeting

23-25 October Algarve Classic Festival

Woodcote and Stirling Moss grids are at all 5 events.
HTCC are not at Brands Hatch. (but could race with STCC...)
Pre War Sports Cars are not at Brands or Spa, but have a race again at Silverstone Classic....

Old 12 Dec 2014, 18:51 (Ref:3484463)   #93
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Stick in an entry.

You never know.
Old 16 Dec 2014, 12:14 (Ref:3485493)   #94
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Here's one I didn't see coming. Abridged version of email sent out by HSCC Admin-

Subject: Guards Trophy exciting news

"I am delighted to report that Grahame White has managed to get us a race
at the Silverstone Classic next year.

We will keep you informed of developments but once again I want to take
this opportunity to thank the club for their efforts to secure what will
be one of the most exciting races we have had in the Guards."

I've looked on the Classic website but can't see any specific mention, so not sure if will include the B8s etc....
Old 16 Dec 2014, 13:08 (Ref:3485501)   #95
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yet to receive that, mine must have a 2nd class stamp on it. Doesn't make my plans for next year any easier to work out, too much choice!

There was a meeting of interested parties re the Jaguar Heritage Challenge yesterday mainly to brainstorm the technical regs, but dates & venues are still undecided. There will be a press release early in the new year once the remaining tumblers have dropped into place.
Old 16 Dec 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3485555)   #96
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Masters 2015

On their website- press release......

http://www.themastersseries.com/news...acing-calendar
Old 17 Dec 2014, 11:14 (Ref:3485735)   #97
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
HRDC Dates for 2015 here.

http://www.hrdc.eu/calendar2015.html

Donnington looks like a good weekend.
Old 17 Dec 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3485762)   #98
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dammitt. All these events are really making my on off decision to go AppK next year more and more difficult.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 17 Dec 2014, 18:16 (Ref:3485803)   #99
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Couple of comments in the Masters press release that raised an eyebrow. First, the proposed "Battle of Britain" race at Silverstone Classic! So will that be for Spitfires, Messerschmitts and Heinkels? Maybe room for the odd Bristol variant as well.... (Can't think of many more plane/car crossover names at moment...)

For Spa 6hrs meeting, there is talk of Pre '66 saloons being joined by '50s racers. I would have though that a '50s car was by definition Pre '66, but obviously an initiative to attract earlier cars. There is also mention of a later touring car race encompassing cars of the '70s and '80s. Gp1, 2 & A?

Old 18 Dec 2014, 09:54 (Ref:3486002)   #100
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
HRDC Dates for 2015 here.

http://www.hrdc.eu/calendar2015.html

Donnington looks like a good weekend.
really like the idea of the BTCC series and the dates work well so will do those two races. Dont like Oulton Park and wild horses would not drag me to race at Mallory Park so will pass on those sadly.