Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Jul 2015, 08:57 (Ref:3559486)   #101
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty11 View Post
I've chosen Vergne because of the Ferrari connections but Haas has said that Gutierrez is in contention. For me I would take Vergne over Gutierrez any day.
On ability it's a no-brainer to take Vergne - for sponsor fit and marketing purposes Gutierrez is probably the better bet. That may well be the harsh reality of the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Oh and I don't see Pastor moving from Lotus given Lotus current finances.
Agreed - if Lotus don't morph into Renault then Maldonado stays. That means that Palmer will need to find more cash than Grosjean brings if he wants the seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Well they also believe that Nasr is favourite to replace Bottas. Let's find out...
I could see that happening - he has experience of the Williams team from his stint as 3rd/reserve (or whatever they call it this week). He's going to be cheaper than Hulkenburg too (and that will appeal to Williams business sense!).
Old 20 Jul 2015, 12:19 (Ref:3559723)   #102
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Hulk leaves FI for Williams, and Palmer ousts Grosjean, then Grosjean to FI?

Biggest 'what if' scenario of the silly season?
Old 21 Jul 2015, 07:49 (Ref:3559949)   #103
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
At least somebody is finally making sensible decisions at Williams!

Massa to stay for 2016?

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns31453.html
Old 21 Jul 2015, 08:18 (Ref:3559955)   #104
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Williams seldom change 2 drivers in one year so I can understand their logic.
Old 21 Jul 2015, 12:19 (Ref:3559996)   #105
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That's true. In 93 they had no choice due to Mansell's leaving and Patrese signing for Benetton. 99 was because Villeneuve didn't want to stay and Williams didn't want Frentzen. Same story in 05 with JPM/Ralf. 2010 Rosberg went to Mercedes and they didn't see a future in Nakajima. So they've never done it unless they had no choice or there was more logic
Old 21 Jul 2015, 12:46 (Ref:3560002)   #106
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Massa has done well, probably shading Bottas this year. He deserves to stay on.

What a confusing pairing Felipe Nasr and Felipe Massa would be though, Martin Brundl will love that.
Old 22 Jul 2015, 13:54 (Ref:3560243)   #107
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Speaking of Martin Brundle, I think the Japanese commentator's found Brabham-Yamaha team-mates Brundle and Blundell a handful.
Old 23 Jul 2015, 12:37 (Ref:3560448)   #108
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nasr and Erickson are to drive for again Sauber in 2016. That's an early announcement.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120062

It also limits one of the potential future Williams drivers if Bottas goes to Ferrari.
Old 23 Jul 2015, 12:57 (Ref:3560456)   #109
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Nasr and Erickson are to drive for again Sauber in 2016. That's an early announcement.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120062

It also limits one of the potential future Williams drivers if Bottas goes to Ferrari.
Yes, but based on last year Sauber could feasibly sign 15 drivers and not race any of them!!

I doubt they'd make that mistake again though.
Old 23 Jul 2015, 13:28 (Ref:3560457)   #110
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good for Sauber to have the finances in place this early on, although I'll only take their line-up as a given in April!
Old 23 Jul 2015, 13:38 (Ref:3560458)   #111
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Good for Sauber to have the finances in place this early on, although I'll only take their line-up as a given in April!
I expect both of those drivers are a significant source of finance.
Old 23 Jul 2015, 14:07 (Ref:3560463)   #112
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Yes, but based on last year Sauber could feasibly sign 15 drivers and not race any of them!!
classic Sauber!
Old 23 Jul 2015, 20:26 (Ref:3560512)   #113
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What about the Williams seat? I think Bottas is safe for now - but Felipe, well, hmmm.

The silly rumour is Jenson Button going back there. Well - it might be better than that McLaren at the moment. I can't see it.

The 2nd Williams seat seems up for grabs.
Old 23 Jul 2015, 20:46 (Ref:3560515)   #114
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be honest I can only see Massa and Bottas at Williams in 2016 (unless Bottas jumps to Ferrari of course).
Old 23 Jul 2015, 22:42 (Ref:3560530)   #115
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
What about the Williams seat? I think Bottas is safe for now - but Felipe, well, hmmm.

The silly rumour is Jenson Button going back there. Well - it might be better than that McLaren at the moment. I can't see it.

The 2nd Williams seat seems up for grabs.

If either Button or Massa (hopefully plus Rob Smedley now that would be a package) is available, and Haas does not try and pick up one of them, then he is missing a massive opportunity to ramp up his learning curve! Likewise Kimi, if he is out of Ferrari, he should be high on the Haas shopping list.
Old 23 Jul 2015, 23:42 (Ref:3560543)   #116
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
I'll be honest I can only see Massa and Bottas at Williams in 2016 (unless Bottas jumps to Ferrari of course).
Kimi will be at Ferrari next year.....
Old 24 Jul 2015, 07:13 (Ref:3560567)   #117
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Kimi will be at Ferrari next year.....
Anything to back that up?

I really can't see why they'd retain Kimi. He surely isn't worth the price tag. Saying that, would Bottas be worth the millions they're shelling out to buy out of his contract?

Hard to say.

I personally think Hulkenberg is a better choice. More experience, great driver, surely cheaper.

But, apparently they're thinking about their marketing. Sheesh. You'd have thought having two amazing drivers who give you a better chance of winning would be good enough marketing...

Selby
Old 24 Jul 2015, 09:50 (Ref:3560579)   #118
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think there will much happen for next season. My guess:

Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton – Nico Rosberg
Ferrari: Sebastian Vettel – Kimi Räikkönen (?)
Williams Mercedes: Valtteri Bottas (?) – Felipe Massa (?)
Red Bull Renault: Daniel Ricciardo – Daniil Kvyat (?)
Force India Mercedes: Sergio Pérez – Nicolas Hülkenberg (?)
Lotus Mercedes: Romain Grosjean – Pastor Maldonado
Sauber Ferrari: Felipe Nasr – Marcus Ericsson
Toro Rosso Renault: Max Verstappen – Carlos Sainz jr. (?)
McLaren Honda: Jenson Button – Fernando Alonso
Manor Honda (? Kevin Magnussen (?) – Stoffel Vandoorne (?)
Haas Ferrari: Esteban Gutiérrez (?) – Alexander Rossi (?)

And a very long assessment about the silly season in German here:
https://michismotors...e-ueberblick-2/
Old 29 Jul 2015, 06:44 (Ref:3562101)   #119
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Reading the the papers today that Jenson B is off to join Chris Evans at Top Gear..
Retirement then?
Old 29 Jul 2015, 06:48 (Ref:3562103)   #120
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Gear-job.html
Old 29 Jul 2015, 07:10 (Ref:3562106)   #121
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
I think I'll hang on a while until I believe this.
Not only is it in The Daily Mail, but even they are using words like tipped, and 'may'.
All rather tenuous, even by their standards...
Old 29 Jul 2015, 10:20 (Ref:3562127)   #122
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lazy British journalism at its best. Much like these Button back to Williams rumours Andrew Benson is trotting out
Old 29 Jul 2015, 10:52 (Ref:3562129)   #123
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Lazy British journalism at its best. Much like these Button back to Williams rumours Andrew Benson is trotting out
But, Button back to Williams is far more believable than him becoming a Top Gear presenter!
Old 29 Jul 2015, 10:56 (Ref:3562130)   #124
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i reckon it's a cover for webber to top gear instead
Old 29 Jul 2015, 13:29 (Ref:3562155)   #125
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
From Button's point of view a move to TG might make a lot of sense. It looks as though the McHonda is going to take more than a couple of years to be competitive. His options for a decent F1 drive are limited. He would also be leaving on his terms as opposed to Ron's. Being on TG would probably allow him to do something like WEC, Goodwood if he so wished with no strings.
I can't see Williams with 2 drivers nearing the end of their careers. If it was Button and Bottas yes but Button and Massa I doubt.