Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old Yesterday, 08:51 (Ref:3803557)   #1816
canaglia
Racer

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's just an usual mazda on fire.... just bring some marsh mallows
Old Yesterday, 13:47 (Ref:3803607)   #1817
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I made this for you.

Appreciate it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Thanks for linking.

As much as I make fun of Mazda, that's mostly poking at joeb. This is really discouraging news. They HAVE to find a new engine package as soon as possible. I just hope there is some money in the coffers for it. It's a beautiful car and needs to be up front.
Seriously they should just paint flames on the car and acknowledge their heritage.
Old Yesterday, 14:05 (Ref:3803612)   #1818
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A charcoal company really needs to get on the sponsorship opportunity...

Old Yesterday, 14:45 (Ref:3803617)   #1819
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Mazda can use this opportunity to switch to LMP1.

But seriously! Just run the Gibson engine!! The current motor is AER badge job anyway!
Old Yesterday, 16:42 (Ref:3803643)   #1820
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Where could Mazda get an engine on such short notice? Wouldn't the Gibson engine fit in the back of the Mazda? The riley package in europe would have to run it right?

Joest could just run the Gibson engine this season while Mazda develops something for next year.
BAR runs the updated 'standard' Riley* with the Gibson engine this season in IMSA (and like VF/SoD did last season) so surely one fits in the chassis - question is: did Multimatic do specific chassis updates to the Mazda DPi to host the AER engine that would make the switch (back) to the Gibson extensive + expensive?

* Just like the Caddy I feel the Mazda DPi is the baseline of the car of which the 'global' LMP2 car is derived - and not the other way round like the Oreca (Acura) and Ligier (Nissan).

Agreed that Joest-Mazda need to make an engine change today - their season seems to be in jeopardy already by sticking with the 'charcoal special'! Would hate to see the prettiest prototype in recent history disappear in not too long...
Old Yesterday, 16:58 (Ref:3803645)   #1821
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they have to wait for next year to switch to another chassis, or engine, or aero package to be re homologated.
Old Yesterday, 17:10 (Ref:3803647)   #1822
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be the one to give the weekly call to go back to a rotary mazda. If you're gonna fail, at least do it sounding great.
Old Yesterday, 17:19 (Ref:3803648)   #1823
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
I think they have to wait for next year to switch to another chassis, or engine, or aero package to be re homologated.
That may be in the rules, I don't know, but I can't imagine IMSA not working with them if they came up with another engine package.
Old Yesterday, 17:28 (Ref:3803649)   #1824
canaglia
Racer

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
Guess none has ever considered to change engine during the season, that actually don't know if does even exist a rule that allows or prevents a mid-season engine swap for the same chassis.... (even if I remember that in late grand-am years, MRS or another team switched from ford to bmw engines, or reverse, can't recall accuretaley).

The only realistic extrema ratio is this:
just throw away mazda dpi and AER-mazda for this season and lease a pair of oreca or ligier, rebadging the gibson engine as mazda so they could keep on running under team joest mazda motorsport banner.... I know it's quite wierd and unlogical, but in WEC from years there is an alpine lmp2 that is a rebadged oreca, and I recall perfectly that in late '90 bmw motorsport was directly involved in FIA GT and le mans with.... a pair of mclaren f1
Old Yesterday, 17:38 (Ref:3803652)   #1825
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As always, best videos are from Lanky Turtle. Thank you man !

Sebring Test
Old Yesterday, 22:49 (Ref:3803706)   #1826
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcarbsmith should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcarbsmith should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
I recall perfectly that in late '90 bmw motorsport was directly involved in FIA GT and le mans with.... a pair of mclaren f1
What's strange about BMW Motorsport being involved in a BMW powered car that they provide the engines for? Nearly every McLaren that raced in period had BMW branding on it somewhere, from 1996-1998 always the "powered by BMW logo" on every car, and in 1995 a mix of it on the DPR cars, "BMW V12" on the back of the Ueno Clinic car, and a local BMW dealership on the Gulf cars.

Every McLaren built had BMW logos on the cylinder heads from the start.