2 5 5.56%
1 3 3.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Nov 2010, 22:37 (Ref:2790658)   #26
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Crap track...boring race...but I gave it a 10 just for seeing Alonso lose the championship....that cheered me up no end.

Perry McCarthy
Old 14 Nov 2010, 22:42 (Ref:2790663)   #27
jimmy2006
Rookie

jimmy2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i give it 5
Old 14 Nov 2010, 23:08 (Ref:2790683)   #28
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy2006 View Post
i give it 5
Janice Nicholls agrees with you but she actually used to say

"Oi'll give it foive" ???
Old 15 Nov 2010, 01:53 (Ref:2790758)   #29
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Only a couple of stratergy errors added a little interest to a very dull race. The track ruined what could have been a tremendous finale.

Well done Seb.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 04:58 (Ref:2790827)   #30
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
6 Big on drama, short on action.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 08:39 (Ref:2790856)   #31
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the venue in itself the place is stunning like Singapore l love the spectacle under lights however the race was disappointing for the most part with only three passing moves and the race itself hinging on whether Alonso could get past Petrov or if Webber could get past Alonso or if Hamilton could get past Kubica which in the end only served as an anticlimax. 5 from me
Old 15 Nov 2010, 08:51 (Ref:2790859)   #32
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 for me. Resonable interesting because of the title implications but race ruined (through no fault of their own) by the Renaults. Had the main contenders not got bottled up behind them it could have been a bit more interesting.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 09:16 (Ref:2790871)   #33
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
6 for me. Resonable interesting because of the title implications but race ruined (through no fault of their own) by the Renaults. Had the main contenders not got bottled up behind them it could have been a bit more interesting.
I find the commments about the Renaults ruining the race perplexing....
It's a motor race. The Renault drivers are racing too. The title isn't the only thing that matters, or it shouldn't be.

If the race was ruined for some people simply because two of the title contenders were unable to pass a rookie driver in a slower car then to me that means the title outcome was the only really entertaining aspect to the race.

If that inability to pass affected the race that much what does it say about the circuit and the cars and F1 technical regulations. Thats what needs to change....Don't blame Kubica or Petrov. They were doing what they were supposed to be doing.

Racing.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 09:20 (Ref:2790873)   #34
Eccles
Rookie

Eccles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The track looks fantastic but was not backed up by the racing which was very poor and was also not very good last year. I hope this track can be moved away from the end of the season as Brazil would make a much better tracker for a title decider.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 09:26 (Ref:2790874)   #35
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Venue looked amazing but race was quite dull. Cars CAN overtake at the track, look at Kubica's pass round the outside of Kobi plus there was plenty of passing in the Porsche race. Lets hope next years regs (no F-ducts or double diffusers) help improve things. The title implications made things quite tense so a 6 from me.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 09:34 (Ref:2790877)   #36
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
scored it a 1. I had to watch it long after I heard the results, and without the championship tension, it was a snorefest
Old 15 Nov 2010, 09:52 (Ref:2790885)   #37
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
As a race it was pretty tedious, but in the context of it being the championship decider I was completely gripped so I've given it an 8.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 15 Nov 2010, 09:54 (Ref:2790886)   #38
Hesketh
Racer

Hesketh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dull track, good race. Title fight was gripping.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:21 (Ref:2790905)   #39
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The tension and the pretty lights mean I can be generous and award the race -9/10.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 12:51 (Ref:2790998)   #40
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
I find the commments about the Renaults ruining the race perplexing....
It's a motor race. The Renault drivers are racing too. The title isn't the only thing that matters, or it shouldn't be.

If the race was ruined for some people simply because two of the title contenders were unable to pass a rookie driver in a slower car then to me that means the title outcome was the only really entertaining aspect to the race.

If that inability to pass affected the race that much what does it say about the circuit and the cars and F1 technical regulations. Thats what needs to change....Don't blame Kubica or Petrov. They were doing what they were supposed to be doing.

Racing.
Please try reading my original post more closely before having a go. I said through no fault of their own and was in no way critising the Renaults for ruining the race. I was merely pointing out the fact that if they had not been there the championship battle would have been a lot more tense. As you say it is a race they were quite entitled to do what they did. I also hardly think the Renault is a slow car, as proved yesterday.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 13:43 (Ref:2791024)   #41
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Abu Dhabi is an awful track despite all the glamour and trackside features.
Abu Dhabi is an awful track because of all the glamour and trackside features. EJ brown-nosing the local sheikh-life summed it up perfectly. A taste-free zone of epic proportions which got the race it deserved. Crap.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 13:46 (Ref:2791025)   #42
Tainan
Racer

United Kingdom
Sussex
Tainan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice venue, Poor circuit = Dull Race. Being the title decider added tension and made it worth watching, but only just.
Personally I think the Renaults livened it up as at least we got to see some overtaking attempts from the drivers behind them, but certainly not the place to end the season. Apart from the track, the celebrations seemed rather muted without champagne, which is a symbol of F1 almost as much as any other.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 14:40 (Ref:2791059)   #43
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainan View Post
Nice venue, Poor circuit = Dull Race. Being the title decider added tension and made it worth watching, but only just.
Personally I think the Renaults livened it up as at least we got to see some overtaking attempts from the drivers behind them, but certainly not the place to end the season. Apart from the track, the celebrations seemed rather muted without champagne, which is a symbol of F1 almost as much as any other.
Yeah, just for the reason of alcohol being banned and thus no champagne should exclude Abu Dhabi or any gulf state from hosting a future season ender.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 14:59 (Ref:2791073)   #44
rallycrosscraig
Racer

rallycrosscraig has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
only good to watch due to wanting to see who would be the new WDC.

as a race it was as dull as watching paint dry, its shocking they could invest so much money and end up with a circuit where overtaking is so unlikely, a total waste of time/money and effort if no one can overtake.

even the GP2 races were lacking in overtaking.

Ok so it look nice with nicely coloured kerbs and lines, it goes under a hotel, the pit exit is like Hyde Park tunnel, but as an F1 circuit it's pointless, worthless if no one can overtake

eg Alonso cant pass the number 2 renault
eg Webber couldnt pass the Toro Rosso
Old 15 Nov 2010, 15:12 (Ref:2791082)   #45
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not a ringing endorsement from me either. gave it a 4 as it literally put me too sleep and the BBC pre race show provided greater entertainment. maybe it was the hype that did me in.

granted there was the spectacle and a championship level performance from Seb even though none of his challengers showed up.

good to see the the WDC on the top step of the podium at the end of the race. that always makes for a nice image. must say the lack of champagne (or any booze for that matter) does not bother me. cans of Red Bull would have been the better choice imo but its F1 and the Champagne or whatever they usually use is there because that company bought the rights to have it up there as much as tradition dictates that it should be up there.

personally i like it when they drink milk.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 15:31 (Ref:2791090)   #46
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its not about the alcohol or whatever (infact, I dont drink), but the drivers should be able to spray each other with liquid during the celebrations imo. Whatever they had, it was not possible to spray anyone with it.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 15:48 (Ref:2791099)   #47
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
Its not about the alcohol or whatever (infact, I dont drink), but the drivers should be able to spray each other with liquid during the celebrations imo. Whatever they had, it was not possible to spray anyone with it.
That's the problem with having a 'Champagne' celebration in a supposedly dry country; they should have dropped some Mentos into those bottles.

I remember when Keke Rosberg became the WDC and they celebrated with plastic bottles of mineral water, to keep the Saudis happy, then again he won it at Vegas and so probably needed the water.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2791252)   #48
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
If you are so desperate to see men spray each other with liquids, then there are plenty of websites out there that can cater for your needs. Try google?
Old 15 Nov 2010, 20:45 (Ref:2791289)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Incredible location

The perfect end of season situation

So how did it produce such a dull race......? 5
Old 15 Nov 2010, 21:44 (Ref:2791322)   #50
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
If you are so desperate to see men spray each other with liquids, then there are plenty of websites out there that can cater for your needs. Try google?

The post of the year !!!

Evil one.