Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Jul 2017, 16:39 (Ref:3754524)   #76
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Still missing the touring car entries?
http://www.supertcc.com/2017-classic-entries.html
Old 26 Jul 2017, 17:21 (Ref:3754536)   #77
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Daft I call it! The only attraction worth the effort of going is Delta's barbecue.Disgusted of Luton.
Ami Robert, are you grumpy or is it my understanding? Will you take pictures from the event, particularly the Shakwarhh Challenge?
Old 26 Jul 2017, 17:49 (Ref:3754541)   #78
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Ami Robert, are you grumpy or is it my understanding? Will you take pictures from the event, particularly the Shakwarhh Challenge?
Gerard it is just the weight of 80 years of frustration with officialdom in it's various guises, however, I will instruct my junior partner to cover any event you are interested in. Frankly I little idea of what the program consists of.

I had a great weekend at Cadwell Park, and will be at the Bentley Drivers Meeting on August 5th. my favourite outing of the year.

The Classic is just to BIG for my simple tastes.

Mr Sourpuss.

Remind me of your ami who is entered.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 19:31 (Ref:3754562)   #79
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
He will drive in the Challenge, E lightweight # 46 I guess. Thank you if you or your mate can make pics, they usually are very good, its his first race with his brand new car and first in England too. A total sheila!
About your comment I understand, probably we have to face two different ways of historic racing. There's still pleasure to be found we just have to choose the right option depending on the wallet thickness. Nothing new here.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 21:24 (Ref:3754579)   #80
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the Group C entry list on line anywhere yet?
Many thanks...........Martin
Old 26 Jul 2017, 22:42 (Ref:3754587)   #81
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Just looked at this and it seems to have gone under the radar; Brodie/Brancatelli/Soper on the entry list. Looking forward to seeing who will come out on top with the RS500s.
Old 27 Jul 2017, 05:32 (Ref:3754608)   #82
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
Just looked at this and it seems to have gone under the radar; Brodie/Brancatelli/Soper on the entry list. Looking forward to seeing who will come out on top with the RS500s.
Not to mention the representatives of the Minshaw dynasty.
Old 27 Jul 2017, 07:18 (Ref:3754615)   #83
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That's a shocking format. I can hardly read it!!!
Old 27 Jul 2017, 07:19 (Ref:3754616)   #84
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Soper in the JD Rover again?
Old 27 Jul 2017, 12:26 (Ref:3754675)   #85
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
He will drive in the Challenge, E lightweight # 46 I guess. Thank you if you or your mate can make pics, they usually are very good, its his first race with his brand new car and first in England too. A total sheila!
About your comment I understand, probably we have to face two different ways of historic racing. There's still pleasure to be found we just have to choose the right option depending on the wallet thickness. Nothing new here.
Looking forward to reporting full grids and great racing over the coming weekend. Get in the mood at www.retro-speed.co.uk/galleries.asp
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_6048.JPG   DSC_6026.jpg   DSC_6311.jpg  

Old 27 Jul 2017, 13:25 (Ref:3754702)   #86
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Am off tomorrow

And hesitantly looked at the Friday prices

Bet you can guess how long that page stayed open on my browser.

Scandalous
Old 27 Jul 2017, 13:27 (Ref:3754704)   #87
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
A friend/colleague is there with a car, 2 laps of testing before it was rearranged by someone else. Good to see the big events still attract the right crowd.
Old 27 Jul 2017, 14:10 (Ref:3754718)   #88
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I also see someone called Zak Brown is down to drive Capri #14. If it is the McLaren man do we need to guess why he's not chosen a Honda?
Old 27 Jul 2017, 14:27 (Ref:3754723)   #89
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I also see someone called Zak Brown is down to drive Capri #14. If it is the McLaren man do we need to guess why he's not chosen a Honda?
He's also driving one of his historic Williams F1 cars I think (at least there are photos of him testing it this week so I assume he's racing it this weekend).
Old 27 Jul 2017, 15:24 (Ref:3754742)   #90
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
A friend/colleague is there with a car, 2 laps of testing before it was rearranged by someone else. Good to see the big events still attract the right crowd.
Ogle?
Old 27 Jul 2017, 16:03 (Ref:3754754)   #91
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike, as promised there's still something in the DWM truck for you. For its running in period my friend has only 15" to gain but learning Silverstone when wet is a challenge for a French sheila. He has good time and enjoys his new toy. Wish him all the best!
Old 27 Jul 2017, 16:20 (Ref:3754764)   #92
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Ogle?
Yes
Old 27 Jul 2017, 16:46 (Ref:3754774)   #93
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wind not helping in the campsite or setting up inside circuit. At least the rain has held off so far.
Old 27 Jul 2017, 17:25 (Ref:3754788)   #94
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Wind not helping in the campsite or setting up inside circuit. At least the rain has held off so far.
You spoke too soon!

Ogle is back Joe, suitably taped up.
Old 27 Jul 2017, 17:41 (Ref:3754794)   #95
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
You spoke too soon!

Ogle is back Joe, suitably taped up.
Just got the roof on in time
Old 27 Jul 2017, 18:00 (Ref:3754799)   #96
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Anyone knows what kind of Capris are in the Supertourisme grid? Chunterer or Mike? Is it made to have enough cars? At least you have 2 Froggies driving! Caution, LHD…
Old 27 Jul 2017, 19:22 (Ref:3754843)   #97
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Good as new, the rest of the roll is round the driver of a Camaro, apparently.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0012.JPG  
Old 27 Jul 2017, 19:52 (Ref:3754859)   #98
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman24 View Post
Is the Group C entry list on line anywhere yet?
Many thanks...........Martin
Its the latest post on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/groupcra...=page_internal
Old 27 Jul 2017, 19:57 (Ref:3754860)   #99
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Gerard it is just the weight of 80 years of frustration with officialdom in it's various guises, however, I will instruct my junior partner to cover any event you are interested in. Frankly I little idea of what the program consists of.

I had a great weekend at Cadwell Park, and will be at the Bentley Drivers Meeting on August 5th. my favourite outing of the year.

The Classic is just to BIG for my simple tastes.

Mr Sourpuss.

Remind me of your ami who is entered.
Would that be me..??
Old 27 Jul 2017, 20:18 (Ref:3754868)   #100
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who else is as qualified, competent, reliable, and daft enough?

Of course it's you, I am relying on you not to let Mon Ami Gerard down.
Loads of pics of some French bloke in an E-Type.

Will you attend the barbecue?