Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Nov 2018, 23:52 (Ref:3865895)   #1826
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Pffff. Cheers.
Old 28 Nov 2018, 06:42 (Ref:3866529)   #1827
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
No, Dragonspeed is saying they will not participate in any test or progamme.

Why would they not do so? I can only think it would help rather then hinder them
Old 28 Nov 2018, 15:26 (Ref:3866620)   #1828
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Who knows? They seem to have no idea what kind of championship they're in anyway.
Old 29 Nov 2018, 06:51 (Ref:3866779)   #1829
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I guess it would cost more than they feel like spending or they can get the data from the smp team since it's the same chassis? I don't know, just speculating.
Old 29 Nov 2018, 07:28 (Ref:3866781)   #1830
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
DragonSpeed know exactly what series they are racing in. They also know who pays the bills and aren't stupid enough to lose sight of that.
Old 29 Nov 2018, 17:55 (Ref:3866873)   #1831
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
In that case Mr. Hedman should worry about trying to learn how to race instead of making stupid decisions like this.
Old 30 Nov 2018, 02:10 (Ref:3866920)   #1832
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
In that case Mr. Hedman should worry about trying to learn how to race instead of making stupid decisions like this.
I personally wish the team luck. I don't pretend to know whats best for them, but i'm glad they have invested in the championship and put a car on the grid.
Old 30 Nov 2018, 05:29 (Ref:3866951)   #1833
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I personally wish the team luck. I don't pretend to know whats best for them, but i'm glad they have invested in the championship and put a car on the grid.
How dare you not question the motives, skill and reasons for race teams and drivers actions? Don't you know that by posting online you are automatically smarter than the race team?
Old 30 Nov 2018, 07:31 (Ref:3866961)   #1834
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Mr Hedman is doing it as a hobby. He doesn't have to worry about anything other, frankly. He wants to race that car, and pays not a small amount for it.
Old 30 Nov 2018, 14:42 (Ref:3867018)   #1835
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Multiple cars for that matter (2x WEC, 1x ELMS). And especially after what happened at Spa, no one would have been surprised if they had discontinued their P1 program. Kudos to Hedman and Julian for sticking with it!
Old 30 Nov 2018, 23:23 (Ref:3867128)   #1836
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

What happened at Spa? All I heard was Julian misunderstanding the rules and shouting about it. Edit: Ah they had the crash, but a crash is no reason to stop racing of course.

And yes it's nice enough that they put a car on the grid but that does not protect them from deserved criticism. This tyre test is meant to find a direct improvement for the privateer teams. By not participating they are giving their competitors unnecessary advantage and will have to spend time during race weekends to understand any changes made to the compound. Furthermore, seeing as every other team is competing and even ByKolles, it can't be that much of an expense either. The team clearly still has a lot of learning to do so any extra running outside of race weekends can only be massively helpful. There is simply no good reason whatsoever to not participate.

Also I question the choice of a chassis and engine seperately, both of which were already manufactured late enough for their respective intended partners. But ok, we can chalk that up to a bold move and compliment them for taking on the challenge. But something is clearly hampering them because even without their obvious weak link of Hedman they are still not competitive. It seems clear the team still doesn't fully understand the car which only makes it more baffling they decline to take part in a (apparently) cheap test!

Last edited by EffectiveSprinkles; 30 Nov 2018 at 23:31.
Old 1 Dec 2018, 13:06 (Ref:3867242)   #1837
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
"A crash" is understating what happened. The power steering failed due to an electrical problem (not for the first time) which caused an accident which destroyed the chassis and broke both of Fittipaldis legs. The chassis could not be repaired for the race so they did not start. Not having a working car is a very good reason to stop racing.

Chassis is the only realistic choice they have, and the engine appears to be the best of the current set too. Not sure how those choices can be questioned.
Old 1 Dec 2018, 16:31 (Ref:3867264)   #1838
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

Chassis is the only realistic choice they have, and the engine appears to be the best of the current set too. Not sure how those choices can be questioned.
Read my post above to see how
Old 2 Dec 2018, 00:30 (Ref:3867349)   #1839
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
"A crash" is understating what happened. The power steering failed due to an electrical problem (not for the first time) which caused an accident which destroyed the chassis and broke both of Fittipaldis legs. The chassis could not be repaired for the race so they did not start. Not having a working car is a very good reason to stop racing.

Because the poster doesn't care about what you've written, or what's he's written, he is the expert in all things and you must agree with his opinion. Well that and he's a giant troll that's worth just ignoring like others on here sadly
Old 2 Dec 2018, 09:52 (Ref:3867421)   #1840
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Because the poster doesn't care about what you've written, or what's he's written, he is the expert in all things and you must agree with his opinion. Well that and he's a giant troll that's worth just ignoring like others on here sadly
I do get his point about the tyre test, and share his opinion that it would, theoretically, be of benefit. But, I also get why they have chosen not to attend, the philosophy behind the programme is quite different to the front running LMP1 privateer teams (Rebellion/SMP). In the end, they will still benefit from the new tyre compounds, regardless of whether they attend or not.

Sadly, attacking Henrik Hedman for the decision, rather than trying to understand the reason for the decision, is just lazy and insulting. It demonstrates a level of ignorance (or is it naivety) and unwillingness to accept things are not always black or white, they are very often grey. Lastly, I would like to think Mr Sprinkles is not a troll, and that his posts do reflect his opinions, at the very least.
Old 2 Dec 2018, 22:36 (Ref:3867519)   #1841
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Sadly, attacking Henrik Hedman for the decision
I am not, because I don't claim to know who made the decision. That was someone else
Old 2 Dec 2018, 23:41 (Ref:3867532)   #1842
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

Quote:
But, I also get why they have chosen not to attend, the philosophy behind the programme is quite different to the front running LMP1 privateer teams (Rebellion/SMP).
Is it though? Let me first say this: of course they could not be expected to fight with Rebellion with Hedman driving, and I would also like to stress I feel Mr. Hedman can do with his money whatever he wants and I applaud him for making it possible to put another car on the LMP1 grid.

But. This is still LMP1, the top class. They complained at Spa that the rules were unfair to them because of their bronze rated driver. Who, by the letter of the rules, should not even be allowed to race in the class in the first place! Racing in the top class should still mean something. ByKolles know they're not going to fight for wins on pace either, yet they still seek out any competitive advantage they can get. I still can't think of a single good reason not to participate, can you?
Old 3 Dec 2018, 08:48 (Ref:3867581)   #1843
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I am not, because I don't claim to know who made the decision. That was someone else
Fair enough, I obviously misunderstood this post of yours from a few days ago, which appears (to me) to be an attack on Mr Hedman.

Quote:
And despite your denial, I'm still struggling to interpret it any other way.
Old 3 Dec 2018, 09:06 (Ref:3867585)   #1844
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Is it though? Let me first say this: of course they could not be expected to fight with Rebellion with Hedman driving, and I would also like to stress I feel Mr. Hedman can do with his money whatever he wants and I applaud him for making it possible to put another car on the LMP1 grid.

But. This is still LMP1, the top class. They complained at Spa that the rules were unfair to them because of their bronze rated driver. Who, by the letter of the rules, should not even be allowed to race in the class in the first place! Racing in the top class should still mean something. ByKolles know they're not going to fight for wins on pace either, yet they still seek out any competitive advantage they can get. I still can't think of a single good reason not to participate, can you?
I think you've pretty much answered your own question. The sole purpose of this programme is to give Henrik Hedman the opportunity to race in the top class in the WEC. The team's decision not to take part in the Shanghai tyre test, and their reasons, tells you all you need to know. They will not risk the car, or put additional miles on the car, outside of mandatory sessions. It all comes down to money, and the cost/risk of attending the tyre test clearly outweighs any perceived benefit, in the context of this particular programme.
Old 3 Dec 2018, 16:26 (Ref:3867658)   #1845
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

Quote:
It all comes down to money, and the cost/risk of attending the tyre test clearly outweighs any perceived benefit, in the context of this particular programme.
I don't think it's as 'clear' as you say it is, because neither you nor me have any idea if Mr. Hedman not wanting to pay is actually the reason for not attending.
Old 3 Dec 2018, 16:28 (Ref:3867660)   #1846
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

Quote:
Fair enough, I obviously misunderstood this post of yours from a few days ago, which appears (to me) to be an attack on Mr Hedman.

And despite your denial, I'm still struggling to interpret it any other way.
Key words are 'in that case'. The poster implies Hedman does not want to pay for the sessions (even though we don't even know how expensive they are or who even pays for them) and if that's true I question that decision.
Old 3 Dec 2018, 17:20 (Ref:3867680)   #1847
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
The poster did not imply that at all. I know this because it was me. You are very quick to tell people to read what you wrote, so in this case it'd be wise to follow your advice.
Old 3 Dec 2018, 18:02 (Ref:3867686)   #1848
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

Quote:
The poster did not imply that at all. I know this because it was me. You are very quick to tell people to read what you wrote, so in this case it'd be wise to follow your advice.
Then what else could you possibly be implying with 'they know who pays the bills'? Hedman pays for team, you and I both know that.
Old 3 Dec 2018, 18:22 (Ref:3867689)   #1849
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I didn't imply anything, I replied to the statement of DragonSpeed "have no idea what kind of championship they're in" with yes they do, and they are there because Hedman pays for them to be there. The extrapolating out to "Hedman chose not to pay for the test" was all your doing, nobody else.

DragonSpeed knows exactly what they are doing. If they feel they won't gain enough to regain the cost then they won't do it.
Old 3 Dec 2018, 18:40 (Ref:3867692)   #1850
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

Quote:

DragonSpeed knows exactly what they are doing.
Just saying something twice doesn't make it true.

Maybe I'll just ask again: what possible good reason could there be to skip this test programme? If it's cost then it's absolutely clear they have no idea what they're doing in LMP1 as I've already laid out, and you fail to address once again.