Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 18 Dec 2016, 14:00 (Ref:3696954)   #126
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
going from memory here (notoriously poor), but he reacted similarly when he lost the ferrari backing. that's fine, but if it reinforces a reputation then people aren't going to put you near the top of the list for opportunities.

he actually had a decent car for at least one year in gp2 didn't he?
I would argue he had a decent car for all 3 of his seasons. RE, Trident and RT are all proven winners after all.

As one of the bigger Marciello fans in junior formulae, his attitude and results have massively disappointed me throughout GP2. Strong talent but his attitude was as if he must be the best purely because he drove for the FDA, that ruined it for him really.
Old 18 Dec 2016, 15:37 (Ref:3696963)   #127
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Calm down lads, and gal, this is my assumption. I think, if he gets to Rapax, or simmilar he is one of top contenders. Why?He has the speed, he is ultra fast, and he needs success, to come back to Ferrari, get race seat with Lambo... How long did Palmer take to win GP2? I have a feeling he'll stay, and get the result to move up in GTs He desperately needs result and to prove his worth. This is his season.
Old 18 Dec 2016, 17:45 (Ref:3696990)   #128
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
in fairness, i don't think anyone's doubting his speed but his attitude does seem to come up in everyone's comments. normally they either grow out of it, mellow out a bit or get told off for it by a proper engineer.

you can say all that stuff off the record or in private but letting someone publish it repeatedly is daft.
Old 18 Dec 2016, 18:38 (Ref:3697002)   #129
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
in fairness, i don't think anyone's doubting his speed but his attitude does seem to come up in everyone's comments. normally they either grow out of it, mellow out a bit or get told off for it by a proper engineer.

you can say all that stuff off the record or in private but letting someone publish it repeatedly is daft.
Spot on bella, he is plenty quick enough in my opinion, the only non Prema driver still mathematically in with a shout on the final weekend don't forget, he does seem to be a bit of a walking mood though. Personally i think he is done with GP2, he will make a damn fine GT or sportscar driver though.
Old 18 Dec 2016, 18:51 (Ref:3697004)   #130
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
fair point about still being in with a shot at the title this season, shows he has the consistency as well as the speed. i think we'd all be angry in his - well, an awful lot of racers - position.
Old 19 Dec 2016, 23:34 (Ref:3697251)   #131
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Let's be honest he wouldn't be any more deserving of a budget to move up to F1 based on his 3 season record in the category than Evans or someone like that?

There were plenty of drivers in their first or secind years who were quicker and showed arguably greater promise.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 15:10 (Ref:3697359)   #132
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Giovinazzi stepping up. Do not think he will test a lot though.... so do we think Ferrari (and Jagonya Ayam?) will keep him in GP2, or move him to one of their GT teams? Or rest him....? :/
Old 20 Dec 2016, 18:00 (Ref:3697394)   #133
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
Giovinazzi stepping up. Do not think he will test a lot though.... so do we think Ferrari (and Jagonya Ayam?) will keep him in GP2, or move him to one of their GT teams? Or rest him....? :/
Maybe into a Sauber or Manor, can't see why they would keep him in GP2 now that Prema is full.
Old 21 Dec 2016, 21:50 (Ref:3697705)   #134
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
usually in December ART Grand Prix has already closed their seats. Too quiet by now. Are they losing grip?
Old 22 Dec 2016, 17:46 (Ref:3697947)   #135
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
usually in December ART Grand Prix has already closed their seats. Too quiet by now. Are they losing grip?
Why do they need to rush? Different position than 8-10 years ago...
Old 22 Dec 2016, 17:57 (Ref:3697952)   #136
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Prema / Stroll bought that mantle
Old 23 Dec 2016, 06:42 (Ref:3698059)   #137
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought ART had already got Albon and Matsushita signed but they just haven't announced it yet
Old 24 Dec 2016, 09:57 (Ref:3698236)   #138
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
I thought ART had already got Albon and Matsushita signed but they just haven't announced it yet
Good point!
What do you think of Albon?
Old 24 Dec 2016, 10:19 (Ref:3698240)   #139
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
He is pretty good, though has plenty of experience and always has a good, well-funded seat. Did a good job in GP3 this year I thought.
Old 24 Dec 2016, 16:17 (Ref:3698301)   #140
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's hard to say with Albon, because no one's going to look poor in an ART GP3 seat - look at how well Regalia did that one year before fading to obscurity. And Alex didn't set the world alight in F3, albeit in a Signature.

My gut feeling says that ART will be around 4th/5th in the standings with that lineup.
Old 24 Dec 2016, 16:34 (Ref:3698302)   #141
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It's hard to say with Albon, because no one's going to look poor in an ART GP3 seat
Based on driver experience, I think De Vries looked relatively poor when compared to Albon and Leclerc, who had far less experience.
Old 24 Dec 2016, 17:19 (Ref:3698309)   #142
LavidaLoca
Racer

LavidaLoca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's hard to say with Albon, because no one's going to look poor in an ART GP3 seat - look at how well Regalia did that one year before fading to obscurity. And Alex didn't set the world alight in F3, albeit in a Signature.

My gut feeling says that ART will be around 4th/5th in the standings with that lineup.
i think Albon had good pace in F3, do not forget it was the first year of Signature with the F312 car
Old 6 Jan 2017, 13:40 (Ref:3700553)   #143
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Carlin 2017!
http://www.motorsport.com/gp2/news/c...series-863481/
Old 6 Jan 2017, 14:50 (Ref:3700575)   #144
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So they've withdrawn from GP3, FR3.5 and now GP2 while simultaneously expanding to all 3 series in the Indycar ladder.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 20:25 (Ref:3700667)   #145
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's a shame what happened with Carlin. I hope they make the Carlin name great in America again...
But the IndyCar entry is very unlikely at the moment.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 20:38 (Ref:3700671)   #146
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Carlin have done well in trying out new series, so I wish them well
Old 10 Jan 2017, 23:15 (Ref:3701694)   #147
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who will take Carlin GP2 cars? Hilmer perhaps?
Old 10 Jan 2017, 23:42 (Ref:3701697)   #148
peebee2
Veteran

They already have their own two!
Old 11 Jan 2017, 17:45 (Ref:3701874)   #149
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Read in a couple of places now, King to Russian Time and Nato to Arden.
Old 13 Jan 2017, 07:24 (Ref:3702261)   #150
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
Read in a couple of places now, King to Russian Time and Nato to Arden.
Might work out nicely for Jordan but Nato back to Arden may not be as good for Norman?