Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 21 May 2011, 22:09 (Ref:2883664)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
1 car each class 2011 - THREAD CLOSED

Right ..... we got all the threads of who will win , who might win and so on .

This one is ..... who do you really want to win . Just one pick per class ..... no ifs or buts ..... quite simply , who do you really want to win & why ?

Off ya go .........
Old 21 May 2011, 22:16 (Ref:2883666)   #2
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Personal preferences? Right... I'll split LMP1 petrol and diesel.

Diesels: 7 Peugeot. I want to see Peugeot win and the guys in that car put up a fantastic fightback last year before the car went wrong.

LMP1 petrol: 16 Pescarolo. Reasons are too obvious to note.

LMP2: RML. After the restrictor debacle and the Spa disaster, the perfect bounce back would be a class win.

GTE-Am: No real preference.

GTE-Pro: Repeat win by Felbermayr and the 77 car. Marc Lieb is an absolute star.
Old 21 May 2011, 22:17 (Ref:2883668)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
P1 Diesel
Car 10 Oreca Peugeot 908 ..... Just love to see De Chaunac rub the works teams noses in it .

P1 Petrol
Car 16 Pescarolo ..... nobody deserves it more than Henri .

P2
Car 42 HPD ..... just cheerin on a fellow countryman is all .

GT/Pro
Car 80 Flying Lizards 997 . First year with a full pro team , deserve it and would make me happy happy happy .

GT/Am
Car 59 Krohn Racing F430 ..... they have stuck with it through and through and have had some excellant results ..... wish they pull it off .
Old 21 May 2011, 23:16 (Ref:2883683)   #4
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I won't split diesel and petrol. If ACO wants us to pretend like it's one 'equal' class, so be it

LMP1 - #12 Rebellion. I just KNOW they're gonna screw it again, somehow, but it's a team with very interesting drivers, beautiful Lola chassis and livery, plus fresh Toyota powerplants.

LMP2 - #33 Level 5. It's always been my least favourite class, but this time round I find 5's coupe to be the least boring here

GTE-PRO - #74 Corvette. Do I even need to tell why?

GTE-AM - #68 Ford. I suppose it'd be a tie with Robertsons and the Labre vette, but I've always liked David's and Andrea's little team. Different and passionate, so kudos to them.

Last edited by Deleted; 21 May 2011 at 23:22.
Old 21 May 2011, 23:27 (Ref:2883685)   #5
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice thread.

LMP1 Overall - I'd like to see the golden boys do it one last time (especially McNish and Dindo!)

LMP1 Petrol - Tough call between Pescarolo and Quifel ASM.

LMP2 - Level 5, because of Bouchut and, frankly, Barbosa deserves it! Class act in Grand Am and neglected at home.

GT Pro - 74 Corvette. Westbrook, Magnussen and Gavin, couldn't have better guys in a car!

GT Am - Ford GT all the way!
Old 22 May 2011, 05:21 (Ref:2883746)   #6
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Great thread idea Badger

LMP1 Diesel #10 Team Oreca Matumut Peugeot 908 HDI FAP-would love to see Oreca do the double and beat the factories with an older car.

LMP1 Petrol #16 Pescarolo-do I even have to explain?

LMP2 #33 Level 5 Lola-mainly because of the Sacred Monster

GT-PRO #89 Hankook Team Farnbacher 458- Im a big Alan Simonsen fan and the fact that Farnbacher are a smaller team then AF etc

GT-AM #50 Larbre Competition Corvette ZR-1-it was a close choice between Larbre and the Robertsons but the guys of Jack Leconte's equipe win out because I've followed their fortunes since the Viper days.
Old 22 May 2011, 08:07 (Ref:2883778)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK, I'll play too....

Diesel LMP1 -

Peugeot 8 - it's about time Montagny, Sarrazin and Minassian got the win they deserve

Petrol LMP1 -

Pescarolo 16 - how could you want any other petrol car to win.......?

LMP2 -

Strakka 42 - They're Brits and in thanks for our impromptu pit visit at Silverstone last year....

GT-Pro -

Corvette - don't mind which one - they deserved it last year. Other than that, anything other than the Tesco-mobiles will do me......

GT-Am -

68 Robertson Ford - wouldn't that be lovely!

Strakka 42 -
Old 22 May 2011, 09:10 (Ref:2883808)   #8
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
LMP1 - no diesel for me, #12 Rebellion would do it for me
LMP2 - # 33 Level 5 Motorsports Lola, would be nice after their Spa crash.
GTE pro - # 75 Prospeed Porsche
GTE am - # 68 Ford ( simply because the car is the best looking GTE car around IMO )
Old 22 May 2011, 09:14 (Ref:2883810)   #9
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Without any relation with my next predictions, I'd like to see :

>LMP1 Diesel : Sarrazin too because he's considered as the official poleman and deserves to win with Montagny and Minassian.

>LMP1 petrol : Pescarolo

>LMP2 : may the best team win !

>GT Pro : Flying Lizard and their fabulous team : Luhr - Long - Bergmeister

>GT "Amateur" : may the best team win !
Old 22 May 2011, 17:09 (Ref:2883988)   #10
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About the LMP1 gasoline my preference goes to the Aston Lola from Kronos/VDS because of charming Vanina
About GT2 pro I want BMW to win, I like the M3s
Old 22 May 2011, 19:25 (Ref:2884054)   #11
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LMP1 Diesel: 10 Team ORECA Matmut: Would be nice to see them beat the factory squads, plus after last year they deserve it. Duval is a speeddemon and Im suprised Peugeot hasnt picked him up yet.

LMP1 Petrol: 16 Pescarolo Team: self explanatory?

LMP2: 44 Extrême Limite AM Paris: Dont have a favourite team in this category and if the Norma won Le Mans (which it wont) there are not enough words in the world to describe how epic it would be.

GTEPro: 80 Flying Lizard Motorsports: After years of Captain Im slower than a GTC car Super Seth Neimen ruining their results, they have an amazing lineup of Bergmeister/Long/Luhr and really deserve to win the race.

GTEAm: 68 Robertson Racing: This win would be really special for me as a Ford fan, and the Robertsons are a class act. Plus they have Boris Said joining them. Of all the cars in the entire race, other than the Pescarolo and ORECA Peugeot, this is the one Im cheering for the most.
Old 22 May 2011, 23:44 (Ref:2884160)   #12
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMP1 Diesel: ORECA - it was fantastic to see the underdog come through at Sebring and it would be great to see the same thing at Le Mans.

LMP1 Petrol: Aston Martin - after having been written off by everyone for having a car very early in the development stage, I would love to see them defy all the odds.

LMP2: Pecom Lola - the team have been thereabouts at every race so far and it would be great to see them go one better and get the win.

GTE-Pro: JetAlliance Lotus - a small team and small (albeit ambitious) manufacturer taking on the established names with a new car to sportscar racing.

GTE-Am: Robertson Ford - A classic privateer team, taking on the best in the world with something a bit different and going all out to prove they can compete.
Old 23 May 2011, 01:03 (Ref:2884182)   #13
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LMP1D: #3 Audi of McNish, Kristensen and Cappello. I want the old boys to get one more and then leave it to the next generation.

LMP1P: Pesca.

LMP2: #33 Level 5 Motorsports. Flying the American flag, this may be the last time an ALMS prototype team races at Le Mans.

GTEPro: #80 Lizard, because they are the best combination of car, team and drivers in the field... and I love Porsche.

GTEAm: #68 Robertson Racing Ford GT. Coolest car in the class by far, love the team and their drivers. More money from sponsors, likely the ACO would be more willing to give them two entries next year, the list goes on...

Chris
Old 23 May 2011, 16:54 (Ref:2884581)   #14
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
P1 16 Pesca
P2 33 Lola with Bouchut and Barbosa!
GT E 80 Lizard's Porsche baby!
GT am 68 Ford GT
Old 23 May 2011, 17:20 (Ref:2884600)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
P1 diesel must go for the pug, sounds better than the audi
P1 Petrol AMR1, can still dream if not the pesca
P2 RML always a favourite
GT Pro Flying lizards
GT Am Ford GT would love it to win something
Old 26 May 2011, 17:45 (Ref:2886291)   #16
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
P1 - Any Audi will do.... kidding of course Peugeot #8, it's time the all-French squad gets the win they deserve..
P2 - The works Oreca 03, just love this car and I have a feeling they have the best chance of all the Orecas.
GT Pro - BMW.. quite possibly their last year in GT racing for a longer while and a Le Mans win would crown their cracking 2011 and the car's competition history..
GT Am - No preference, I just hope they won't cause any trouble for the front runners.
Old 26 May 2011, 18:14 (Ref:2886314)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
LMP1 (Diesel): Tom Kristensen's Audi
LMP1 (Petrol): Guy Smith. Rebellion Racing.
LMP2: RML
LM GT Pro: Flying Lizard
LM GT Am: Flying Lizard (Am, Sham?
Old 31 May 2011, 13:07 (Ref:2888738)   #18
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
P1-Diesel - #9, just like to see home town Seb Bourdais win at least once.
P1-Petrol - #16, Pescarolo for the same reason as everyone else. Love to see them win overall, but that is so unlikely that it isn't worth hoping for.
P2 - #33, Level Five - Just want to see the Sacred Monster on top again.
GT-Am - #68, Robertson's! I debated between them and Krohn and finally decided I'd rather see the Robertson's win, but it was close.
GT-Pro - #74 Corvette! Had a tough time picking between the two Vettes. It came down to seeing Westbrook win in a Vette. That would be lovely!

Nice thread Badger!

DK
Old 31 May 2011, 14:34 (Ref:2888784)   #19
The Badger
Veteran

Thank you ..... Just thought it would be interesting to see who people would really like to see win for a change , as opposed to who they think will win .
Old 31 May 2011, 14:34 (Ref:2888785)   #20
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LMPD- #7 Pug, no matter what last years antics produced, the fight back was a fantastic effort and kept me (literally) on my feet last year. Was a close call with the Oreca Pug as like Badger it would be good to see Hughes disrupt the factory show.

LMP1- Tough choice, AMR-one to spring a suprise, Pescarolo because of the past 18 months or so, Rebellion for good guys and nice tribute to Hugh Hayden, Kronos/VDS Aston for loving the car... argh, gonna say Pescarolo.

LMP2- Strakka, see 2010.

GT Pro- JMW 458, tiny outfit compared to AF, Risi, FLM, P&M and there heroics and near misses the past few years finally deserve a win.

GT AM. Robertson for the car and stalwarts deserve the break. Very close for similar reasons with the Krohn Ferrari though. Think just because it's a Ford GT the Robertson's get my nod.
Old 31 May 2011, 15:11 (Ref:2888795)   #21
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LMP1 (Diesel): Nah! Nothing that interests me.
LMP1 (Petrol): Even less.
LMP2: Bored Stiff
LM GT Pro: #80 Flying Lizard (only because they have been so unlucky in the past). My real favorites are #77 Felbermayr. In my mind they are the epitome of a Porsche team.
LM GT Am: #63 Felbermayr (only because I put Flying Lizards up top)
Old 2 Jun 2011, 10:16 (Ref:2889882)   #22
PorscheCurves
Racer

Australia
Sydney
PorscheCurves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMP1- Audi #1 because Allan is one of my favourite drivers ever plus I'd like to see the trio win atleast one more before they retire or part ways.

LMP2- Level 5 #33 because of Barbosa. He's one of the best in Grand-Am.

GTE-Pro- A toss up between the #51 AF Corse Ferrari, #77 Felbermayer Porsche and the #80 Flying Lizards Porsche. I think I'll go for the latter because they've got a slightly better line up for me because of Luhr. If anyone of those wins though, I'd still be happy.

GTE-Am- Not overly fussed who wins but just because of the art car livery, I'll go with the #81 Flying Lizards Porsche.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 19:18 (Ref:2890124)   #23
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
P1 Diesel: Audi (not mention here why, cuz could be a racist act from my part against pugs, lol)

P1 Petrol: AMR factory (yep my dream, but I'm fan and fans are really crazy)

P2: RML by Erdos

PRO: whatever between Melo and Farfus (brazilian drivers, oh yeah!)

AM: #60 Aston Vantage from Gulf
Old 1 Jun 2012, 16:29 (Ref:3083336)   #24
The Badger
Veteran

WoW Ayse , how do you pronounce the drivers name in the Greaves car , the name above . That is a real tongue twister !!!

Brunbdle ..... LMAO , the b & the d are miles apart on the keyboard mate .
Old 1 Jun 2012, 16:31 (Ref:3083338)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
WoW Ayse , how do you pronounce the drivers name in the Greaves car , the name above . That is a real tongue twister !!!

Brunbdle ..... LMAO , the b & the d are miles apart on the keyboard mate .

Nah, just can't type properly.......

Thread closed - new one started for 2012.