Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Jul 2008, 02:45 (Ref:2241078)   #51
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I wonder if we might see a Aston in GT2?? Wasnt it commented on RLM that Aston Martin would like to see a Vantage in GT2?
Old 1 Jul 2008, 07:49 (Ref:2241166)   #52
c6rfan34
Rookie

United States
Columbus, OH
c6rfan34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was on badboyvettes.com during the 24 hours and they had a live chat up. the guy that runs corvettemotorsport.com was on there and he said that at that point in time phoenix was only going to run one car. Then Johnny O came on and the guy told him that phoenix was lookin for drivers for the other car. Johnny said he was interested in the ride so well see what happens. maybe he'll drag his buddies from that factory over with him. this is all speculation, but i did see the discussion go down.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 09:11 (Ref:2241227)   #53
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I'd love to see rocket Ron at Spa , love to hear what he thinks about the track . I remember the first time he drove at Le Mans , the pit crew said that he was "WooHooing" all the way down the Mulsanne !!!

Yeah ..... Fellows-O'Connell at Spa would be brilliant .

Will any of the other Corvette teams recieve any support from Pratt & Miller for the event ?

Last edited by The Badger; 1 Jul 2008 at 09:13.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 10:35 (Ref:2241284)   #54
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phoenix could go either way. Planetlemans initially had a 1-car operation on the list, but after some rumours (like the one from c6rfan34) and the fact that double car could mean double points for the team championship the second car was put back again.

Last year at Zolder they entered a second car to score points in an attempt to win the title, with the championship this close until now they would probably be silly not to enter their second car.

But in the end...$$$ talks.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 16:32 (Ref:2241550)   #55
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rodger, there's a thread in the trackside forum dedicated to your very need
Old 1 Jul 2008, 21:13 (Ref:2241795)   #56
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies
looking forward to my first Ardennes 24 and especially the sound of the Gillet in the forests. Anyone got any tips for a first-timer?
We went last year and headed back again this year. If you get sleepy, there's always the covered grandstands across from the garages to spread out across the seats. . . guaranteed you will have noisy neighbors! There's a long lamp standard behind the new F1 paddock area which makes a nice seat too - great place to watch the absolutely awesome fireworks display that commenced about 23:30 and lasted for about 45 minutes or so. About 20:30 the hot air ballons started asending from the kart track area - really pretty sight as they went over the track and disappeared beyond the trees.The F1 stands at Pouhon were not there last year - lots of folks camping on the flat area where they are normally located. The restaurant at the kart area was open (sorry, don't remember closing time). The most awesome part of the event was sitting at the little restaurant behind the grandstands across from the pits having a sauerkraut/sausage sandwich at false dawn/dawn watching/listening to the cars as they came from Eau Rouge up Radillion. There's a large screen tv in the paddock area where the Ferrari Challenge cars lined up to enter the track right by the tunnel that takes you into the village area (you have to go thru the gate that's normally guarded during the F1 race). Another great time was spent in the MC-12 garages during the race and during pit stops - just remember to stay behind the red line.We've been to many F1 races at Spa but they can't remotely compare to this event....total access except the suites above the garages and the paid hospitality areas (big white tents). A great way to spend 24 hours (don't forget your umbrella!).

Enjoy,
Carol
Old 1 Jul 2008, 21:46 (Ref:2241833)   #57
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Best memory from last year?

Standing above the pits, down at the bottom end. Free access!

Being IN the PK pit around 2AM for a stop.

Sitting in the cafe behind the pit grandstand, eating frites, drinking coffee, watching cars climbing Raidillon in the rain, listening to Lambos howling out onto Kemmel.
We meant to visit the BAR over Kemmel, but somehow it just never happened...

Just so VERY laid back, and friendly.

LOVE the place, but just cannot do it this year, unless I sell either the bike, or the cameras!
Old 2 Jul 2008, 04:39 (Ref:2241955)   #58
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the CR Scuderia line up for Spa is huge, as strong as the "factory" AF Corse squad and nice to see Dirk Muller back !
Old 2 Jul 2008, 11:13 (Ref:2242133)   #59
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed both CR cars have very strong driving line up's, so too though does Scuderia Ecosse. Looking at this years entry list there is potentially 7 cars with a realistic chance of winning in GT2, GT1 competition is looking good too with around 9 cars in the class realistically capable of winning although my money would be on either the #1 Vitaphone MC12 or the #10 Gigawave DBR9. Fingers crossed too that there will be further additions to the entry list.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 11:17 (Ref:2242136)   #60
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi
the CR Scuderia line up for Spa is huge, as strong as the "factory" AF Corse squad and nice to see Dirk Muller back !
Mr Niarchos knows what he is doing

Tips for first timers? Watch out for those who take minimal french as an excuse to overcharge...ask Tim about that
Also...take a walk round the whole circuit. It's miles, but it's worth it. And if you haven't popped into a CRS garage before, do it, they're friendly, and good for a chat- especially Chris Niarchos himself.
Eat some frites! Guaranteed to be the best chips you'll ever eat.
Watch the start from Eau Rouge- I didn't, and regretted it.
Go into Spa the town- it's lovely.

Have a good one on me, as my finances went pop
Old 2 Jul 2008, 23:17 (Ref:2242670)   #61
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Who's this Juniper Racing outfit that has a 997 entered ? Are they normally VLN ?
Old 2 Jul 2008, 23:26 (Ref:2242674)   #62
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Australia based. No VLN, but Ring 24h.
http://www.juniperracing.com.au/
Old 2 Jul 2008, 23:46 (Ref:2242682)   #63
Sportscarguy08
Racer

Sportscarguy08 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Maybe the Ollies and Jan will be in the second Phoenix C6.R. (?) After all it is carrying GM sponsorship on it (GMAC).

L.P.
Unfortunately the second car is filled. My friend who works for Corvette Motorsport (Europe) was in talks with O Connell around Le Mans. But Phoenix secured from what I was told 4 drivers for the 2nd car pretty quickly. It will be an all German lineup in that car. Dont give up hope though, as any changes might see a factory driver. The main obstacle is Phoenix has a very tight budget for Spa, and to be eligible, would need to have the drivers themselves handle all the costs.

Gavin is looking elsewhere that weekend for racing, so dont expect to see him there. The main car will have the 2007 lineup. Also Corvette Motorsport will be at Spa with Phoenix and will have TONS of good stuff on their site including a live 24 hour C6R onboard streamed exclusively and pre race week videos as well.

Live coverage will be shown on that site as well for this weekends race....FYI.

Last edited by Sportscarguy08; 2 Jul 2008 at 23:49.
Old 3 Jul 2008, 00:52 (Ref:2242719)   #64
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
GT1 competition is looking good too with around 9 cars in the class realistically capable of winning although my money would be on either the #1 Vitaphone MC12 or the #10 Gigawave DBR9. Fingers crossed too that there will be further additions to the entry list.
I believe the Jet Alliance DBR9 has a better chance than Gigawave car and Phoenix Vette should be in the top 3 at the end.

DK
Old 3 Jul 2008, 02:11 (Ref:2242739)   #65
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Planetlemans entrylist has Andrew Thompson in with Gigawave, its a good driver lineup for them with Darren Turner joining Peters and Simonsen. Anyone have an idea who the four German drivers in the second Phoenix Vette might be?
Old 3 Jul 2008, 02:51 (Ref:2242752)   #66
Sportscarguy08
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07
Anyone have an idea who the four German drivers in the second Phoenix Vette might be?
Not sure, but should have a lineup for you Monday or Tuesday. I will ask, but they are not in front of their emails since they are in Germany this weekend and will take time.
Old 3 Jul 2008, 03:40 (Ref:2242766)   #67
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportscarguy08
Unfortunately the second car is filled. My friend who works for Corvette Motorsport (Europe) was in talks with O Connell around Le Mans. But Phoenix secured from what I was told 4 drivers for the 2nd car pretty quickly. It will be an all German lineup in that car.
so no factory drivers for them, I really hoped that Berretta/Gavin/Magnusen will be present in the 2nd C6.R
Old 3 Jul 2008, 06:31 (Ref:2242814)   #68
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SO, now we have Jos menten as possible Phoenix driver (LINK) and Soheil Ayari/Bruno Hernandez (their FFSA GT drivrs) in the SRT Corvette? (LINK)
Old 3 Jul 2008, 10:44 (Ref:2242928)   #69
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Jos Menten isn't German.
Timo Scheider? Uwe Alzen? There's two off the top of my head that could do a good job.
Old 3 Jul 2008, 12:20 (Ref:2242990)   #70
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I noticed somewhere, can't remember where, that there was a possibility that DKR would enter one of their Corvettes at Spa. Has anyone got any more information on that?

DK
Old 3 Jul 2008, 15:47 (Ref:2243166)   #71
Sportscarguy08
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1
I noticed somewhere, can't remember where, that there was a possibility that DKR would enter one of their Corvettes at Spa. Has anyone got any more information on that?

DK
My friend at CMS (CorvetteMotorSport) asked and its not in their budget...but u never know, they might. I would love to see another C6R after seeing 2 strong cars pull out. He emailed the team that owns the ex Peka Racing C5R team to see if they want to run...

Also I will have a lineup for you soon...CMS might announce it before I am allowed to say per request from the team. After all that site was the first to announce the pairing with GMAC and Phoenix before anybody else had it, so look for it there.
Old 5 Jul 2008, 12:22 (Ref:2244562)   #72
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
fish88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alexander Margaritis, Jos Menten and Robert Schlunssen will be on the #6 Phoenix Corvette. The Article on endurance says that the 4th driver might be an official Corvette driver.

http://endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=5942&thold=0
Old 5 Jul 2008, 15:15 (Ref:2244622)   #73
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish88
Alexander Margaritis, Jos Menten and Robert Schlunssen will be on the #6 Phoenix Corvette. The Article on endurance says that the 4th driver might be an official Corvette driver.

http://endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=5942&thold=0
Olivier Beretta, Jan Magnussen or Johnny O'Connell would be nice and official.

DK
Old 5 Jul 2008, 15:21 (Ref:2244626)   #74
The Badger
Veteran

Like to see Ron Fellows in that combo .
Old 5 Jul 2008, 15:41 (Ref:2244638)   #75
Sportscarguy08
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1
Olivier Beretta, Jan Magnussen or Johnny O'Connell would be nice and official.

DK
I think everyone will be happy with the final pick ...I am.