Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 7 Dec 2010, 21:36 (Ref:2801097)   #1
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Piquets win the case

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/071220...ce-fixing.html
But will it make him a race winner ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Dec 2010, 00:28 (Ref:2801153)   #2
nea
Racer

England
Saltaire, UK
nea should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No.

Old 8 Dec 2010, 00:42 (Ref:2801158)   #3
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nea View Post
No.
Which is what Piquet should have said when instructed to crash.......
Old 8 Dec 2010, 00:46 (Ref:2801159)   #4
nea
Racer

England
Saltaire, UK
Indeed. F1 can do without his kind.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 04:56 (Ref:2801197)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe he can now use his court 'winnings' and buy himself a drive....

....... Preferably in NASCAR.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 06:45 (Ref:2801210)   #6
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Group Lotus' investment in Renault is for paying this "substantial" compensation to the Piquets?
Old 8 Dec 2010, 11:46 (Ref:2801340)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wait for more... this is just the beginning.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 12:04 (Ref:2801351)   #8
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
So Piquet Jr gets involved in unsavoury incident of cheating and is then ostricised from F1 for life and suffers derision from F1 fans. Teflonso meanwhile continues as if nothing ever happened.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 12:21 (Ref:2801358)   #9
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Don't worry, there is not a snowball's chance in hell of Piquet ever making it back to F1, but he could still have a successful career in other forms of racing. He is a much better driver than he was ever given credit for on here.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 12:23 (Ref:2801359)   #10
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Piquet reveals all: http://en.espnf1.com/renault/motorsp...ory/36028.html

Kind of feel sorry for the guy. Flavio really broke his spirit.

Still, don't think he is worth a second shot.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 13:30 (Ref:2801397)   #11
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Don't worry, there is not a snowball's chance in hell of Piquet ever making it back to F1, but he could still have a successful career in other forms of racing. He is a much better driver than he was ever given credit for on here.
I don't think he is.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 13:35 (Ref:2801401)   #12
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
...............and his character is obviously flawed if, by his own admission, he is prepared to crash to influence a race result - orders or not.

I'm surprised he wasn't banned for life or that he gets any drives in any formula.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 15:33 (Ref:2801468)   #13
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
young men make mistakes and this one certainly had a lot of pressure on him applied by some rather unsavory characters. he paid the price for his mistake (really the only one to do so) so i have no problem with him getting a second chance returning to F1 (provided he can find a drive) or finding a drive elsewhere.

and really if Flav can come back why not the kid who got burned by him. If Alonso can walk around and claim a fraudulent win as his own, why is that jr. is the one who has to bare the shame of it?
Old 8 Dec 2010, 15:47 (Ref:2801477)   #14
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
young men make mistakes and this one certainly had a lot of pressure on him applied by some rather unsavory characters. he paid the price for his mistake (really the only one to do so) so i have no problem with him getting a second chance returning to F1 (provided he can find a drive) or finding a drive elsewhere.

and really if Flav can come back why not the kid who got burned by him. If Alonso can walk around and claim a fraudulent win as his own, why is that jr. is the one who has to bare the shame of it?
Very well said!
Old 8 Dec 2010, 15:55 (Ref:2801485)   #15
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Well who was it who crashed?
Old 8 Dec 2010, 15:55 (Ref:2801486)   #16
vintage
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cheshire
vintage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Piquet problem

Hi Chillibowl I think you are right on one guy taking the blame. The team should have been disqualified and then you know what might have happened with the points, Massa would have been World Champion makes you think dont it.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 16:00 (Ref:2801490)   #17
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage View Post
Hi Chillibowl I think you are right on one guy taking the blame. The team should have been disqualified and then you know what might have happened with the points, Massa would have been World Champion makes you think dont it.
It's impossible to guarantee that Massa would've won had Piquet not crashed.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 16:42 (Ref:2801522)   #18
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Well who was it who crashed?
Piquet Jr did, obviously. But he was a young man. If I was 23 and new to F1, chances are I'd pretty much do as I was told. Particularly if the man giving the instructions had the power to make or break my career.

I can't condone what Nelsinho did, but I don't agree with him being branded for life over one mistake.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 18:00 (Ref:2801570)   #19
nea
Racer

England
Saltaire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
So Piquet Jr gets involved in unsavoury incident of cheating and is then ostricised from F1 for life and suffers derision from F1 fans. Teflonso meanwhile continues as if nothing ever happened.
This was a thread about Piquet. And at least Teflonso didn't put fans, marshalls and other drivers in danger. Not directly, anyway.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 20:07 (Ref:2801637)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage View Post
Quote:
It's impossible to guarantee that Massa would've won had Piquet not crashed.
He wouldn't. Remember his disastrous pit stop... Ferrari would screw his race, anyway.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 22:58 (Ref:2801727)   #21
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
You need to read this, which is Piquet's account of what happened.

No doubt the usual cynicism on here will strike, but I for one find it credible.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 23:30 (Ref:2801738)   #22
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I quite see it from Piquets side but I don't condone it.
Over the years I have personally seen a few rouge team bosses in different formula's from the "inside" that the rest of the world think are marvelous !
No doubt if we were "flies on the wall" there are quite a few about, however Flav seems one of the most obnoxious big time candidates IMHO.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Dec 2010, 23:39 (Ref:2801742)   #23
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Piquet Jr did, obviously. But he was a young man. If I was 23 and new to F1, chances are I'd pretty much do as I was told. Particularly if the man giving the instructions had the power to make or break my career.

I can't condone what Nelsinho did, but I don't agree with him being branded for life over one mistake.
Very fair summary. Don't forget also that Nelson Sr was not the easiest of fathers to have in the background.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 23:54 (Ref:2801748)   #24
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
This was a thread about Piquet. And at least Teflonso didn't put fans, marshalls and other drivers in danger. Not directly, anyway.
I've never accepted the argument that Piquet put people in danger. I believe it is within the ability of an F1 driver to stage a 'safe' accident.
Old 9 Dec 2010, 00:14 (Ref:2801755)   #25
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Not only that but those who instructed him to stage the accident deliberately chose a place where neither he nor (more importantly) anyone else would be put at risk.
Closed Thread