Other 1 1.19%
Michael 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Jul 2013, 22:58 (Ref:3272677)   #26
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was interested in seeing this one, wasn't sure who others would vote for because Hamilton's drive was similar to Vettel's at Brazil last year where lots of people refused to admit it was a good drive because two safety cars helped him.

Well, Hamilton was the same, he wouldn't have made the top 10 without 2 safety cars, Webber wouldn't have made as much progress either.

But I'll give it to him anyway for doing an entire lap with 3 tyres and not dropping a lap down, then for his charge at the end on old tyres while everyone else ahead of him had changed to new ones. I'm pretty sure he was one of the ones that didn't pit at the last safety car. And then he was catching Alonso at the end, that's some real car speed!

Webber as well did good, regardless of his start, he came from 15th to 2nd and Vettel showed the RB wasn't a dominant car during race. Good enough to leave, of course, but not really pull away.

Alonso I think was very, very lucky. That last pit stop they were making regardless of SC, and I'm assuming everyone else wasn't planning on coming in again so it was only going to be him. Maybe Grosjean would have. We know at least those that didn't pit under SC weren't planning on it, so he never would have caught Kimi, Sutil, etc again.
He'd have been lucky to get even in the points after that, maybe he would have charged back to 7th or 8th on fresh tyres. But the SC basically gave him that pit stop for free, and the others that followed him in. He also had a lot of others (Seb, Lewis, Grojean, Perez, Massa, even Webber) all have problems so he didn't have to pass them, though some of them he would have passed and Massa would have got the order. Having said that, I think some of his passes were fantastic and the best of the race.

Sutil was deserving of 3rd best, and Ricciardo 4th best. Shame they didn't get the results they earned.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 23:01 (Ref:3272678)   #27
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
Ferrari is slower in qualifying, but not on Sundays.
I don't know, maybe it's because they showed more Lewis on TV, or because we've seen this season so many times the Ferraris crushing the competition coming from behind with an incredible race pace, the opposite of Mercedes who normally fall back.
But that was my impression, and obviously I may be wrong. Just an opinion.
I just did not understand the logic there, Massa was very impressive even with an undamaged car, if you think his car was damaged it can only make his drive better.

I didn't think Massa had a damaged car and I still think he did the best job on Sunday. The pace of the Ferraris in weeks past is irrelevant, the Mercedes and Red Bull looked clearly faster yesterday.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 23:24 (Ref:3272684)   #28
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
I was interested in seeing this one, wasn't sure who others would vote for because Hamilton's drive was similar to Vettel's at Brazil last year where lots of people refused to admit it was a good drive because two safety cars helped him.
Personally I thought Vettel drove very well to recover in that race but I didn't want to give him DotR because he, err, had a crash. He only had to recover because of his own gaffe.

We really don't have to have this "oh, well, I am not voting for 'x' driver because 'y' driver didn't get a vote from some forummers for doing a similar thing last year", especially when 'y' driver actually got several votes. Vote by your own criteria and sod what anyone else thinks, frankly.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 1 Jul 2013 at 23:29.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 23:25 (Ref:3272685)   #29
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Hamilton took tires later than everyone before the safety car came out. He was already inside the top 10 before he pit. He also didn't take new tires during the safety car.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 23:51 (Ref:3272693)   #30
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Hard to pick from a few worthy contenders on this one - specifically between Aonso, Hammy & Webber.
Have gone with Webber this time - take the point of those critical of the start but from his comments sounds more like a software thing than an "own goal" on the driver's part.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 00:33 (Ref:3272703)   #31
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso, Ham and Web
Old 2 Jul 2013, 03:16 (Ref:3272725)   #32
willb
Racer

willb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gave Hamilton the vote as he accomplished the most after the blowout. Though Webber did well also, his poor start put him in the middle of the field.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 03:25 (Ref:3272727)   #33
Danny27
Rookie

Argentina
Buenos Aires
Danny27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber does not deserve so many votes. You guys didn't see the start of the race?
Old 2 Jul 2013, 05:14 (Ref:3272743)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't actually.

But I saw the end.

That was good enough for me - anyhow, it's my choice.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 06:42 (Ref:3272751)   #35
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No Vettel in the list aye? I call for a disqualification of all other drivers from the DOTR list :P
Old 2 Jul 2013, 07:45 (Ref:3272761)   #36
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had to give Webber the nod, gutsy drive especially the last few laps.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 07:47 (Ref:3272762)   #37
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Had to give my vote to mark, a great drive after a poor start
Old 2 Jul 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3272784)   #38
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I suspect that most of us (note I only say 'suspect', no accusations are being made) find a reason to vote for our favourite driver regardless of merit. I can usually find sufficient evidence to vote for Felipe Massa, not one of the most popular of drivers, judging from comments on various forums, however, Webber and Hamilton are both very popular with 'fans', which 'probably' explains why they are currently leading the points table here.

But then again I am probably just a cynic.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 08:44 (Ref:3272792)   #39
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Webber was on new medium tires along with Alonso at the ending stages of the race. Hamilton was on older hard tires and made it to 4th after getting sent to the rear. Thats why Webber doesnt get my vote. He should have had the fastest car out there and had mediums but Nico was able to keep his lead on the hard tires. Imo Rosberg drove the 2nd best race, Webber was 3rd.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 17:34 (Ref:3272982)   #40
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Close between Lewis and Mark....I'd be happy with either winning (the race and the poll ) but gave it to Hamilton as I feel his fight back from a blowout deserves more recognition than Webber's admittedly thrilling last laps charge.

Honourable mention to Di Resta for some spirited (and fair) driving....though it has to be said that many others down the field drove well!
Old 2 Jul 2013, 17:51 (Ref:3272988)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I suspect that most of us (note I only say 'suspect', no accusations are being made) find a reason to vote for our favourite driver regardless of merit.

Not me, for sure. I don't have a favourite driver......
Old 2 Jul 2013, 18:18 (Ref:3272997)   #42
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Not me, for sure. I don't have a favourite driver......
Well, that certainly makes your choice valid, even if it is wrong.

Note tag line - please.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3273012)   #43
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny27 View Post
Webber does not deserve so many votes. You guys didn't see the start of the race?
With that logic I wonder why Kimi received any votes since this radio transmission was clearly heard during the race: "Roman, Kimi is faster than you".

Which was followed by an overtaking move.

Of course there wasn't any outrage because it wasn't Seb or Alonso who was the beneficiary of the team orders...
Old 2 Jul 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3273014)   #44
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I suspect that most of us (note I only say 'suspect', no accusations are being made) find a reason to vote for our favourite driver regardless of merit. I can usually find sufficient evidence to vote for Felipe Massa, not one of the most popular of drivers, judging from comments on various forums, however, Webber and Hamilton are both very popular with 'fans', which 'probably' explains why they are currently leading the points table here.

But then again I am probably just a cynic.
And both had good races, so there is every excuse to vote for them.

I didn't vote for my favourite this race, I voted for a driver because someone said I wasn't allowed too. As Aysedasi said, it is my choice.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 19:35 (Ref:3273050)   #45
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny27 View Post
Why not ? He had a bad start but he made a great race all the way to 2nd place, isn't that good enough ? I'm not his fan, or of any other driver, apart for being excited with the likes of Kimi and Hamilton style of racing. So, Mark did a great race in my view, and he deserves all the votes he can get.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 20:43 (Ref:3273087)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Well, that certainly makes your choice valid, even if it is wrong.

Note tag line - please.
I never understand why we have opinion polls after each GP. You only have to ask me.......

Am I joking? You can never be sure.......
Old 2 Jul 2013, 21:53 (Ref:3273128)   #47
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
With that logic I wonder why Kimi received any votes since this radio transmission was clearly heard during the race: "Roman, Kimi is faster than you".

Which was followed by an overtaking move.

Of course there wasn't any outrage because it wasn't Seb or Alonso who was the beneficiary of the team orders...
haha yeah good point, if webber was told to move out of vettels way there would be a media storm. and to a lesser extend massa and alonso, but i think everyone just knows that alonso IS always faster than massa.

i'd forgotten all about that team order till now
Old 3 Jul 2013, 01:48 (Ref:3273174)   #48
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can't decide. Lulu, for coming from all that way back after the exploding tyre or Alonso because of that charge for the Podium?

Can't decide.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 03:11 (Ref:3273183)   #49
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing that Webber has received the most votes...and this race was clouded by tire issues....how come no one (including Mark) griped about Grosjean crashing into him??

I haven't researched it too deeply, but just going by the onboard cam during race replays it appeared Grosjean simply fired to the left without looking and taking out Webber's front wing end plate and forcing him off the track. It didn't appear that Grosjean was avoiding contact with another driver. If someone can say otherwise then make yourself heard.

Anyway, I am sure the team saw what happened and just ordered Grosjean to move over for Kimi and let him through because indeed he was faster. A little off topic, but Crashjean was not DOTR.

Funny how Coulthard is always riding guy this on the air.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 08:03 (Ref:3273240)   #50
bauble
Veteran

England
Plonka of the Race?

I have postulated in an earlier post that many of us vote with out heart rather than our head, and in the case of the, 'gritty, straight talking put-upon, de facto no2, adopted Brit' Mark Webber, I believe we have some evidence to suggest this is so.

Webber started 4th on the grid, two of the people ahead of him had troubles not of their own making, so MW finished behind Rosberg, which is where he started. So far so good?
It is reasonable to say that Hamilton could have won if he had not had a tyre blow, also Vettel would probably have won but for his gearbox failure. Lewis and Seb we could say were robbed of victory, Nico inherited the victory, and the rest of the field were never truly in contention for victory, but Webber?

Well given the narrow margin at the finish, and the pace of the Red Bull, it seems certain that the Ozzie should have won if he had not cocked up the start, a not unknown event for our 'hero'.

Webber was the ONLY driver to have 'lost' the race by his own efforts, to name him 'Driver of the Race' is to this poster, quite simply perverse, bizarre, and a perfect case of blinkers -on voting.