Giedo van der Garde 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Other 1 1.19%
Michael 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Jul 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3273242)   #51
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
^^^^

Love your work bauble = great points!
Old 3 Jul 2013, 08:18 (Ref:3273249)   #52
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Webber was the ONLY driver to have 'lost' the race by his own efforts, to name him 'Driver of the Race' is to this poster, quite simply perverse, bizarre, and a perfect case of blinkers -on voting.
Of course, we all get to vote based on our own view, no right or wrong. You're entitled to your opinion, others to theirs.

One thing though - you're assuming that MW's start was all down to him making some kind of error but his comments after the race indicate a systems error of some kind - so it's POSSIBLE that he too was "robbed" of the opportunity to win.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 08:19 (Ref:3273252)   #53
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My decisions for DOTR are made very quickly - first thoughts. I'm always content to leave it at that. Too much analysis makes my brain hurt.....
Old 3 Jul 2013, 08:20 (Ref:3273253)   #54
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post

Of course there wasn't any outrage because team orders are allowed now, unlike when Ferrari did over Massa
Fixed that for you..
Old 3 Jul 2013, 08:25 (Ref:3273260)   #55
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If I ask you; "Who do think was the driver of the race?", and you reply:

"Max Chilton." Should I then say; "Oh! No you don't, you think Grosjean was."
I am arguing with you about your choice! Very stupid of course.

I can disagree, and say; " I thought that Pic was far more impressive.", and this is part of normal discourse between friends, which we all are of course ..... aren't we?
Old 3 Jul 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3273262)   #56
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
^^^^

Love your work bauble = great points!
Damn!!! And there was me trying to upset as many people as possible.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 08:37 (Ref:3273266)   #57
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Damn!!! And there was me trying to upset as many people as possible.
Nah, we're all far too balanced and affable here to get upset! LOL
Old 3 Jul 2013, 09:24 (Ref:3273274)   #58
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
I'll try and help bauble!

This Episode of Peter Windsor’s program “The Racer’s Edge” interviews Sam Bird about F1 start procedures and provides an interesting insight into Webber’s poor starts.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...n-6S-40A-1000W

In the above video from 15:57 Sam Bird describes an F1 start procedure.
At 19:38 he is asked why certain drivers; Mark Webber; have poorer starts than their team mates.
22:10 Richard Cregan describes how Ralph and Panis managed to get the procedures wrong and they could pick it up in the data and see what part of the procedure the driver had omitted and try and simplify what was happening.
23:00 Windsor has an amusing story told by Nick Fry of Jenson forgetting a procedure.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 09:41 (Ref:3273280)   #59
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Nah, we're all far too balanced and affable here to get upset! LOL
Then I must be in the wrong place
Old 3 Jul 2013, 09:45 (Ref:3273281)   #60
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:

This Episode of Peter Windsor’s program “The Racer’s Edge” interviews Sam Bird about F1 start procedures and provides an interesting insight into Webber’s poor starts.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...n-6S-40A-1000W

At 19:38 he is asked why certain drivers; Mark Webber; have poorer starts than their team mates.
22:10 Richard Cregan describes how Ralph and Panis managed to get the procedures wrong and they could pick it up in the data and see what part of the procedure the driver had omitted and try and simplify what was happening.
23:00 Windsor has an amusing story told by Nick Fry of Jenson forgetting a procedure.
What? How? Where? I ain't interested in buying anything.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 10:04 (Ref:3273291)   #61
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
What? How? Where? I ain't interested in buying anything.
OK I'll put you down as an undecided!
Old 3 Jul 2013, 11:38 (Ref:3273328)   #62
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton for me this time, although torn between him and Webber
Old 3 Jul 2013, 12:51 (Ref:3273360)   #63
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive View Post
Hamilton for me this time, although torn between him and Webber
What do you know, at your age?
Old 3 Jul 2013, 12:52 (Ref:3273361)   #64
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
OK I'll put you down as an undecided!
I intended to indicate that the link lead me to an on-line emporium, nuffink abhat racin'.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 13:20 (Ref:3273372)   #65
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
I intended to indicate that the link lead me to an on-line emporium, nuffink abhat racin'.
Apologies Sir! (Damn thing just tried to do it again!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHianNEHHiA
(The Racer's Edge Episode 17 - Live from Silverstone)

Old 3 Jul 2013, 13:22 (Ref:3273373)   #66
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What do you know, at your age?
Obviously not as much as you, given how much younger i am!!
Old 3 Jul 2013, 15:13 (Ref:3273419)   #67
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Too much information...
Old 3 Jul 2013, 16:48 (Ref:3273451)   #68
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Too much information...
Information is power, so they say. If it were true I would be an incredibly powerful person
Old 3 Jul 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3273461)   #69
bauble
Veteran

England
Wnut.

Thank's. That works for me now, and it would seem that poor starts are down to the driver after all!

As mentioned earlier, Massa's start on Sunday saw him pass Alonso on the start line itself, and at some speed, so even with 'procedures' there must still be a bit of human imput that can make a difference, therefore I stick by my analysis re Mark's start.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 19:34 (Ref:3273524)   #70
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
I haven't researched it too deeply, but just going by the onboard cam during race replays it appeared Grosjean simply fired to the left without looking and taking out Webber's front wing end plate and forcing him off the track. It didn't appear that Grosjean was avoiding contact with another driver. If someone can say otherwise then make yourself heard.
Button was on the inside of Rogro. When Button moved left to take the first corner, Romain had to do the same and Webber was unfortunately there already.

It's a bit similar to Monaco last year when Alonso tried to force his way into a small gap between Hamilton and Grosjean, forcing the latter to take evasive action and collide with MSC.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 07:42 (Ref:3273700)   #71
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Button was on the inside of Rogro. When Button moved left to take the first corner, Romain had to do the same and Webber was unfortunately there already. .
Given Webber started 4th, Rogro started 7th and Button started 10 th, what the heck was Webber doing there in the first place?
Old 4 Jul 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3273921)   #72
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hard to pick a winner because of the nature of this race. I would have gone for Hamilton as I think he could have won it if not for the tyre blow out!

Good drives from Massa(amazing first lap start and also a good recover) and also Alonso, and Rosberg for staying out of trouble and collecting the win.

In the end, I'll give it to Webber for a good comeback drive and proving us with some passing action in the final stages of the race.