Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Aug 2013, 14:33 (Ref:3295727)   #1
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A new FIA President?

David Ward is to stand against Jean Todt, for the Presidency of the FIA.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109538
Old 29 Aug 2013, 14:39 (Ref:3295733)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Todt has been conspicuous by his absence, which is perhaps a good thing? Personally, I prefer a President to be a little bit more, 'hands on'.

Let battle commence!
Old 29 Aug 2013, 14:50 (Ref:3295741)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is anyone else struggling just a tad to get excited by this......?
Old 29 Aug 2013, 16:46 (Ref:3295799)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Todt has been conspicuous by his absence, which is perhaps a good thing? Personally, I prefer a President to be a little bit more, 'hands on'.

Let battle commence!
How you do miss Max...
Old 29 Aug 2013, 17:39 (Ref:3295813)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Max Who?
Old 29 Aug 2013, 18:31 (Ref:3295827)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Max Who?
Marbot knows him so well.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 20:09 (Ref:3295857)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Is he related to Elaine Paige?
Old 29 Aug 2013, 20:39 (Ref:3295865)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Is he related to Elaine Paige?
I couldn't tell...

Is there anything to do with leather, whips, and German uniforms ??
Old 29 Aug 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3295870)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No idea, I don't know Elaine that well myself......
Old 29 Aug 2013, 21:16 (Ref:3295877)   #10
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
No idea, I don't know Elaine that well myself......
I do ....
Old 29 Aug 2013, 22:57 (Ref:3295932)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I do ....
So tell us !

Going waaay off topic !!
Old 30 Aug 2013, 00:43 (Ref:3295961)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I don't miss Mosely at all. Although I think that F1 would have been technically much more interesting if he had stayed. But when you're up against such 'stick-in-the-muds' as Ferrari are, then you've already lost before you've even started.

Where can I get tickets for this event?
Old 30 Aug 2013, 02:34 (Ref:3295980)   #13
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
So tell us !

Going waaay off topic !!
Not to worry, we'll bear with you Bon!
Old 31 Aug 2013, 14:18 (Ref:3296543)   #14
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mosley was a lawyer, just as much of a meddler as Bernie, perhaps worse, loved the politics and if you read Bernies book, he was pretty much hated by many in the sport especially Flav after what happened with the maids! But then again I didn't realise Bernia loathed Dennis as much as he does!

I don't know how he managed to stay on after Nazigate, the politics in F1 reach a new level when you find out from the inside what was going on as this book reveals, we don't know the half of what is going on, and Max was right in the very middle of all of it, far too much for someone who should be mainly involved in rules! He was so close to getting the boot its unreal that he somehow managed to engineer his survival, where any normal man would have possibly resigned on principal.

Todt has been fine, I would have preferred Vatanen as Ari would have brought a new dimension, a friendlier face and would have been better for motorsport in general rather than just F1.

With his links to Ferrari Todt is simply able to do what Bernie was doing for years, giving them a better deal than anyone else, though I am fairly sure even Todt is not as stupid to think people will realise this and pull away from it.

Can't see anyone beating Todt, as I say Vatanen for me would have been superb, and would have reached out to the Africa's and South America's of the world far more than Todt does.

He has been utterly absent, but in my mind that is better than Mosley who was a total politician and should have been a team leader not a boss of this sport, he is similar to Platini, very much arrogant and thinking his opinion is the best, and like Platini, he does have the same way of winding people up!
Old 31 Aug 2013, 15:00 (Ref:3296549)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Mosley was a lawyer, just as much of a meddler as Bernie, perhaps worse, loved the politics and if you read Bernies book, he was pretty much hated by many in the sport especially Flav after what happened with the maids! But then again I didn't realise Bernia loathed Dennis as much as he does!

I don't know how he managed to stay on after Nazigate, the politics in F1 reach a new level when you find out from the inside what was going on as this book reveals, we don't know the half of what is going on, and Max was right in the very middle of all of it, far too much for someone who should be mainly involved in rules! He was so close to getting the boot its unreal that he somehow managed to engineer his survival, where any normal man would have possibly resigned on principal.

Todt has been fine, I would have preferred Vatanen as Ari would have brought a new dimension, a friendlier face and would have been better for motorsport in general rather than just F1.

With his links to Ferrari Todt is simply able to do what Bernie was doing for years, giving them a better deal than anyone else, though I am fairly sure even Todt is not as stupid to think people will realise this and pull away from it.

Can't see anyone beating Todt, as I say Vatanen for me would have been superb, and would have reached out to the Africa's and South America's of the world far more than Todt does.

He has been utterly absent, but in my mind that is better than Mosley who was a total politician and should have been a team leader not a boss of this sport, he is similar to Platini, very much arrogant and thinking his opinion is the best, and like Platini, he does have the same way of winding people up!
I'm not surprised Bernie loathed Dennis, he achieved what Bernie could never do, when Bernie was Team Principal and owner of Brabham.

Overall, I think Todt's done an ok job, he got the ACO and FIA singing from the same hymn sheet but he strikes me as someone who likes to be in the background not basking in the limelight and as a result maybe he's not that dynamic, compared to someone like Mosley. For example take this Pirelli business. There are all sorts of rumours flying about, as to whether they will continue or whether Michelin will come on board but and as a result everything is up in the air. As President of the FIA he needs to step in.
Old 31 Aug 2013, 17:51 (Ref:3296620)   #16
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sadly, although you wouldn't know it on this forum, there is more to motorsport than F1 and Le Mans, so him doing anything about that race has little impact on motorsport in general.

As far as Bernie is concerned, he was very successful at a time when the budgets and things necessary to win were attainable by many.

He wasn't as loaded then, and to beat the might of Renault, Ferrari and the like was a bit achievement. Ron although a clever guy has always had mighty backing, but has also been one to bring in new things like the carbon car etc. So I would say they were about equal, I am sure if Bernie wasn't quite so involved in politics in the 70's and 80's he would have been just as good anyway!
Old 31 Aug 2013, 18:19 (Ref:3296640)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Sadly, although you wouldn't know it on this forum, there is more to motorsport than F1 and Le Mans, so him doing anything about that race has little impact on motorsport in general.
Very true, there is more to motorsport than F1 and Le Mans and it seems while he got the ACO back on board, so to speak and establish the WEC, he's sort of left the rest of motorsport to just carry on and run itself and he's been rather conspicuous by his absence in dealing with this Pirelli issue; Max would have waded in.

Quote:
As far as Bernie is concerned, he was very successful at a time when the budgets and things necessary to win were attainable by many.

He wasn't as loaded then, and to beat the might of Renault, Ferrari and the like was a bit achievement. Ron although a clever guy has always had mighty backing, but has also been one to bring in new things like the carbon car etc. So I would say they were about equal, I am sure if Bernie wasn't quite so involved in politics in the 70's and 80's he would have been just as good anyway!
Brabham didn't win the Constructors in '81 or '83, when Piquet won both those WDCs, that went to Williams and Ferrari respectively. McLaren won 10 Constructors Championships under Dennis. You're right he is very clever at getting backing, you just have to look at how he put the whole TAG/Porsche deal together. Any way, I digress, .
Old 31 Aug 2013, 19:26 (Ref:3296696)   #18
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
There's alot of bad blood between Bernie and Dennis dating back from the threat of a split. Maybe there was something before that that is slipping my mind but I think the bulk of the bad blood dates from that. Bernie is a billionaire and isn't afflicted by thoughts of jealousy or whatever.

Todt is so quiet it's difficult to properly gauge his performance. I don't see this Ward fellow mount much of threat nevertheless.

Last edited by Paradise City; 31 Aug 2013 at 19:41.
Old 31 Aug 2013, 20:54 (Ref:3296786)   #19
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have generally been impressed with how Todt has done his job. He has done more that Max for a lot of catagories. Besides sports cars he has done a lot to try to get the WRC back to it former glories (although it is still a work in progress), the new Formula 4 and Formula E both have begun under his watch.

In Max's time a lot of the other catagories went downhill as F1 hovered up everything before it.
Old 31 Aug 2013, 22:08 (Ref:3296869)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think Max did try and do things with other categories, but his main interest seemed to be more to do with road safety and the line, in which he did a good job.

I do think though that Todt is a little out of the picture, but then when have to follow a nutter like Balestre and a rather self important lawyer then what do you expect!
Old 3 Sep 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3298469)   #21
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
So tell us !

Going waaay off topic !!
I worked on an album with her several years ago that is all, she is a nice lady ...

How her name came up in this thread I have no idea??
Old 3 Sep 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3298540)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Because 'she knows him so well'....... Of course!
Old 3 Sep 2013, 23:18 (Ref:3298593)   #23
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Because 'she knows him so well'....... Of course!
Checkmate, .
Old 3 Sep 2013, 23:48 (Ref:3298604)   #24
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
There you are then ...
Old 4 Sep 2013, 18:19 (Ref:3299001)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
What was this thread about again.......?