Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Nov 2018, 16:15 (Ref:3861825)   #226
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
A wise person should have money in their head, but not in their heart. All private funded TCR projects ended up in nothing with the exception of Romeo Ferraris'. To be fair most of the failed projects were launch by not-so-ready teams/tuners.
Old 8 Nov 2018, 17:25 (Ref:3861841)   #227
GM10
Veteran

Italy
Mantua
GM10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For sure I would not consider Top Run as a "not-so-ready team" at all. Same for Onyx.

I don't know so much Vukovic Motorsport or FRD or STARD, so I won't judge them.
Old 8 Nov 2018, 17:29 (Ref:3861842)   #228
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post
For sure I would not consider Top Run as a "not-so-ready team" at all. Same for Onyx.

Top-Run never did a race car from the scratch before nor they did not have any strong background in circuit racing. Sometimes it takes a wrong turn to get you to the right place. Who knows.

Onyx was a huge failure.
Old 8 Nov 2018, 18:39 (Ref:3861851)   #229
GM10
Veteran

Italy
Mantua
GM10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since 30 years, Top Run is an absolute protagonist in the Italian touring car championships. They also have a lot of experience in auto tuning and with rally cars.

For sure, running TCR cars as a private is not easy. But the experience is not a problem for them. Maybe it's only a wrong project, with also a few support to be honest. All things considered, they have done pretty well for the materials available.
Old 8 Nov 2018, 18:46 (Ref:3861853)   #230
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post

I don't know so much Vukovic Motorsport or FRD or STARD, so I won't judge them.
At least the Vukovic car has been demonstrated at a Renaultsport event. Very promising that Renault will at least permit its appearance. Its probably the best looking TCR car.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 9 Nov 2018, 19:43 (Ref:3862037)   #231
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Besides the i30 TCR also a Veloster TCR next season:

Source: https://sportscar365.com/imsa/impc/b...eloster-n-tcr/

Quote:
Bryan Herta Autosport will make the move to IMSA competition next year, confirming Friday a two-car program in Michelin Pilot Challenge with the new Hyundai Veloster N TCR.

While the PWC titles came with the i30 N TCR, BHA will campaign Hyundai Motorsport’s new-for-2019 Veloster N model, which largely retains the core components of the previous car, including the 350-horsepower 2.0-liter turbocharged engine.

Both cars will be fully homologated for TCR competition worldwide, including Michelin Pilot Challenge and SRO’s TC America series.

“The Veloster N TCR retains everything great about the i30 N and gives us a world-class race car with a direct road-car counterpart that our fans can purchase and drive every day.”

In addition to running cars of its own, BHA will also be responsible for North American sales and technical support for the cars.

Initial Veloster N TCR deliveries will go to customer teams in markets where the road car is offered, which includes North America.

It will go on sale for €135,000 plus shipping, with deliveries set to begin in March.

€135k...Did they increase the max price again? IIRC it was €130k.

Quote:
Additionally, Hyundai Motor America will provide a contingency award program to customer teams competing in Pilot Challenge and TC America, which encompasses TCR with the Veloster N TCR and i30 N TCR and the TC division with the Veloster N.
Are there any contingency programs in Europe?
Old 9 Nov 2018, 19:44 (Ref:3862038)   #232
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
At least the Vukovic car has been demonstrated at a Renaultsport event. Very promising that Renault will at least permit its appearance. Its probably the best looking TCR car.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Okay different level but their Audi in Procar was pretty good.
Old 10 Nov 2018, 07:03 (Ref:3862104)   #233
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hyundai will develop new Veloster N TCR for markets that doesn't have i30.

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...eloster-n-tcr/
Old 10 Nov 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3862121)   #234
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Hopefully Ford pickup TCR with the new model Fiesta/Focus. With support from MSport or even Ford Performance they could sell a lot of cars

Would love to see the other Japanese marques such as Nissan Toyota and Mazda get involved. Look at the success of the Honda.
Old 10 Nov 2018, 10:42 (Ref:3862125)   #235
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Hopefully Ford pickup TCR with the new model Fiesta/Focus. With support from MSport or even Ford Performance they could sell a lot of cars

Would love to see the other Japanese marques such as Nissan Toyota and Mazda get involved. Look at the success of the Honda.
M-Sport is too much involved with the rally programme and the Bentley programme. And I think that this year they're busy working on the new model of Fiesta to launch for the R5 rally market...

But it's strange that no one has devoleped the Focus RS apart the chinese firm!
Old 10 Nov 2018, 10:44 (Ref:3862127)   #236
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Rubio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Btw, the latest episode of Inside TCR if someone haven't seen it yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l60DrvE257c
Old 10 Nov 2018, 12:25 (Ref:3862136)   #237
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinghio44 View Post
But it's strange that no one has devoleped the Focus RS apart the chinese firm!
They can't. TCR and GT3 have very similar rules in that respect. Each manufacturer nominates a single company to develop and homolgate each model. You can't have different people building the same model.

So for example, JAS are the nominated builder of the Honda Civic. Anyone who wants to race a TCR Civic has to use one built by JAS, they can't simply build and develop their own version.
Old 10 Nov 2018, 16:12 (Ref:3862158)   #238
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Onyx started the development of the Focus and ended up transferring it to chinese firm FRD. Perhaps it is about time FRD transfers it to M-Sport or someone else able to do the job.
Old 10 Nov 2018, 17:17 (Ref:3862172)   #239
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=GM10;3861817]The Fiat Tipo TCR has been presented by Tecnodom months ago. Tecnodom said it would have raced at Vallelunga in September but it didn't happen. But I think that next year they will go racing.
[QUOTE]
The Tipo will race 6h Roma.
http://admin.gruppoperonirace.it/fil...oma%202018.pdf
Old 10 Nov 2018, 23:40 (Ref:3862288)   #240
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess at some point TMGbH will build a Corolla/Auris TCR as it would complement their other customer cars (like their Toyota 86 rallycar and one-make car).
Old 11 Nov 2018, 19:32 (Ref:3862526)   #241
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.serbiaring.com/vesti/ako-...ord-fokus-tcr/

M-Sport was set to develop and build new Focus TCR, but at this moment there are no money for developing that car.
Old 11 Nov 2018, 19:38 (Ref:3862532)   #242
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
With TCR racing in US, can we expect something from Ford USA?
Old 11 Nov 2018, 20:11 (Ref:3862557)   #243
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
With TCR racing in US, can we expect something from Ford USA?
Considering the fact that Ford are dropping all their cars in the USA in favour of crossovers i doubt it
Old 11 Nov 2018, 21:17 (Ref:3862585)   #244
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petoli View Post
Considering the fact that Ford are dropping all their cars in the USA in favour of crossovers i doubt it
And also we have to consider a fact that Ford seems a bit not interested in any non-American motorsport programmes. Okay, now they officially return to Supercars bit their involvement isn't as high as in the past probably. But they pulled out of World Rallycross and due to lack of big enough involvement they let Sebastien Ogier go to Citroen in WRC. So any Ford's involvement in TCR shouldn't be the case.
Old 12 Nov 2018, 07:34 (Ref:3862685)   #245
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
They can't. TCR and GT3 have very similar rules in that respect. Each manufacturer nominates a single company to develop and homolgate each model. You can't have different people building the same model.

So for example, JAS are the nominated builder of the Honda Civic. Anyone who wants to race a TCR Civic has to use one built by JAS, they can't simply build and develop their own version.
I believe the Focus is no longer homologated, which suggests the door is wide open for someone else to take it on.
Old 12 Nov 2018, 09:35 (Ref:3862709)   #246
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
So any Ford's involvement in TCR shouldn't be the case.
It's different. In TCR you can build and then sell the cars, you have not to run a team.

The problem with Ford is that they have no interest in touring car and rally. Their activity is very restricted, obviously they got some glory with the Ford GT in Le Mans but it seems that also this programme is going to end
Old 8 Jan 2019, 17:45 (Ref:3874761)   #247
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
For private reasons and in view of the changed structures at Opel Kissling Motorsport will retire after 41 years from the active motorsport business. After 20 won championships and more than 600 individual successes with Opel vehicles from Kissling, we say goodbye to the motorsport stage.

A big thank you to our customers, partners, fans, friends and of course every single employee without whom this success story would never have been possible. The current projects such as Astra TCRs are continued by experienced partners. In order to keep the Kissling Motorsport history a little in our memory we will scour our historical photo material and post one or the other great photo on our Facebook-page.

Goodbye

Helmut and Stefan Kissling
https://www.kissling-motorsport.de/en/homepage/

The TCR project is continued by others but still sad to see Kissling close doors.
Old 8 Jan 2019, 20:37 (Ref:3874804)   #248
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
The TCR project is continued by others but still sad to see Kissling close doors.
Lubner Motorsport have taken over technical support for the TCR Astra
Old 8 Jan 2019, 21:39 (Ref:3874814)   #249
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess it's hard to run a manufacturer-blessed motorsport program, when the manufacturer itself is still feeling the effects of a buy-out.

Hopefully Lubner can get a few more cars on track than Kissling did.
Old 8 Jan 2019, 23:03 (Ref:3874827)   #250
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I guess it's hard to run a manufacturer-blessed motorsport program, when the manufacturer itself is still feeling the effects of a buy-out.

Hopefully Lubner can get a few more cars on track than Kissling did.
WTCR??? Peugeot/Citroen already run in WTCR (under guess what Peugeot) but VW group have 3 manufacturers. However, a lack of Opel backing could hold this back.