Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

View Poll Results: Best Major Sportscar race of 2005 to date?
Spa 24 hours 2 3.51%
Sebring 12 hours 1 1.75%
Le Mans 23 40.35%
Nurburgring 24 hours 0 0%
LMES Monza 0 0%
ALMS Mosport 3 5.26%
FIA GT Monza 3 5.26%
LMES Nurburgring 17 29.82%
FIA GT Imola 0 0%
Other (please specify) 8 14.04%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Sep 2005, 22:28 (Ref:1402397)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Best Major Sportscar race of 2005 to date?

What to date has been this years best major GT/Sportscar race for you? Personally for me it has been the Spa 24 hours, the entry list IMO was fantastic and the racing was close right up until the end, the best run MC12's in the world IMO against the Factory Aston Martin squad and 2 extremely well run C5R's, and of course the best run Ferrari 550s in the world at the moment. IMO.

The races listed are just the best sportscar races we have seen this year to date IMO, if the race you want to vote for isnt listed please click "other".
Old 8 Sep 2005, 22:50 (Ref:1402403)   #2
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I voted "other" - I've not seen too many races this year or been available to follow them, only heard about them afterwards. But for me LMES Silverstone stood out for me - was my first visit to a race involving LMP's, and was first time I'd camped out at a circuit and I gotta say I had a pretty decent weekend. Plus the chaos and then the great racing at the end made that race stand out for me, personally, despite the weather (altho friday was a pretty fine afternoon and evening!).
Old 8 Sep 2005, 23:17 (Ref:1402416)   #3
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FIA GT Monza . was super . so much action in the last few laps .
LMES Silverstone was also great
and of course LeMans

Ciao Marco
Old 9 Sep 2005, 00:35 (Ref:1402437)   #4
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nurburgring LMES.

The first time I've sat through a whole 6 hour race without taking a long break from the action.
Old 9 Sep 2005, 03:21 (Ref:1402476)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
A bit early... PLM is still to race, and some FIA-gT races too... the last one of LMES too, not counting the GARRA races (Daytona could have been mention)... or is it "best race so far" ?
Old 9 Sep 2005, 04:39 (Ref:1402500)   #6
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Mid Ohio ALMS was pretty good as well.
Old 9 Sep 2005, 06:55 (Ref:1402561)   #7
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Although I think Le Mans is the best simply because it is the greatest motor racing event in the world, I voted for Sebring because, although it was between team mates, the race between the two Champion Audis was mesmerising, and the in car footing of McNish chasing Kristenson in the last hour at night was some of the most existing sportscar racing I have seen in years.
Old 9 Sep 2005, 07:36 (Ref:1402581)   #8
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nurburgring LMES for me. Three cars, three different teams, battling for the entire six hours, and each could have taken the overall. Top it off with Shimoda's incredible win having started from the back of the grid. Just incredible!!
Old 9 Sep 2005, 09:01 (Ref:1402651)   #9
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted other as there wasn't any GrandAm races on the list.
Old 9 Sep 2005, 09:31 (Ref:1402677)   #10
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've opted for Le Mans because it's the only race where I get to see all the build up and it lasts a week.
But for an out and out race the LMES at the Nurburgring has been the best so far this year.
Old 9 Sep 2005, 11:07 (Ref:1402735)   #11
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Mid Ohio ALMS was pretty good as well.
Agreed, I really enjoyed the Mid Ohio race. It's no surprise that Shimoda was the star there aswell as in the current favourite Nurburging race.
Old 9 Sep 2005, 11:31 (Ref:1402761)   #12
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
"best race so far" ?
Fab I did put in the thread title "Best Major Sportscar race of 2005 to date" because as you have said PLM and the other ALMS, LMES, and FIA GT rounds havent yet took place. I also said that the races listed were just IMO the best races of 2005 to date, I didnt include the Daytona 24 hours because IMO it wasnt one of the best races this year.
Old 9 Sep 2005, 12:46 (Ref:1402838)   #13
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lmes nurburgring, down to the wire!!! LM is the greatest, hors-concours....
Old 9 Sep 2005, 16:24 (Ref:1403072)   #14
tommy84
Rookie

Germany
Huenfelden
tommy84 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lmes was good, but there was not too much action with breakdowns and so on at the front.
Basically it was just McNish vs Shimoda.
Don't get me wrong, but it's just missing something

For me the Zolder 24hrs were a very good race

Lot's of fighting back after trouble (PSI, SRT, Kuismanen), favourites falling over backmarkers (GLPK) and a superb performance of GS-Motorsport in the small TB-class car
Old 9 Sep 2005, 17:14 (Ref:1403110)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Fab I did put in the thread title "Best Major Sportscar race of 2005 to date" because as you have said PLM and the other ALMS, LMES, and FIA GT rounds havent yet took place. I also said that the races listed were just IMO the best races of 2005 to date, I didnt include the Daytona 24 hours because IMO it wasnt one of the best races this year.
OK
Old 9 Sep 2005, 17:37 (Ref:1403128)   #16
RobertPrange
Racer

Germany
Germany
RobertPrange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clearly Le Mans because it had it all , including a thrilling battle for the win until one hour before the end.

Second best is either Mosport or LMES Nürburgring. Mosport was just great racing while the recent LMES round was very good also. Shame it wasnt acknowledged by a wider amount of spectators.
Old 9 Sep 2005, 20:16 (Ref:1403224)   #17
LouisTheShark
Racer

LouisTheShark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLouisTheShark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Daytona 24 Hours didn't have any last minute drama and I can understand why it isn't on the list. However, I voted for "other" for the Rolex Series Mid Ohio race. Good stuff in the second half of the race.
Old 9 Sep 2005, 21:02 (Ref:1403257)   #18
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for the FIA GT race at Monza. 2 Ferraris, 4 Maseratis and a Corvette battling at the start, 2 Maseratis putting a Ferrari under pressure at the end, after several brilliant overtaking manouvres. LMES at Silverstone was great whilst I was there (despite the weather) but wasn't that thrilling on tv, mainly due to all the SCs
Old 11 Sep 2005, 02:14 (Ref:1404050)   #19
marcush.
Racer

Equatorial Guinea
Bad Ems /Germany
marcush. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well ,lmes Races are always full of drama and thrill right to the end....possibly because i´m cheering for the blue rocket...
but it´s sad to see how it is promoted ....and the biggest joke was not getting a free pass for the weekend as a competitor on the nordschleife ....if they have sold even one ticket more by refusing the nordschleife endurance guys a free entry?
Old 12 Sep 2005, 08:24 (Ref:1405352)   #20
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I liked Zolder 24hr too. 3 different classes on the podium, and some magnificent drives.
so, other for me too
Old 17 Sep 2005, 12:43 (Ref:1409910)   #21
richmini99
Racer

United States
Turners Falls MA, USA
richmini99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Daytona was a dogfight from start to finish for near 24 hours. Amazing stuff IMHO.
Old 17 Sep 2005, 15:01 (Ref:1409960)   #22
MaxGT40
Rookie

United States
Rochester, NY U.S.A.
MaxGT40 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Best "Major" Sportscar Race...
Old 17 Sep 2005, 20:31 (Ref:1410070)   #23
Foster
Racer

Canada
The Maritimes
Foster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I go with LeMans....

The action on the track matched the history of the event quite well.
Close up in second...Mosport...man I love that track.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 16:56 (Ref:1410694)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGT40
Best "Major" Sportscar Race...

Yes.

And your point?
Old 18 Sep 2005, 16:59 (Ref:1410697)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans for me - but then it would be - wouldn't it? I enjoyed Silverstone too. I finished drying out yesterday..........