Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Apr 2006, 17:50 (Ref:1588932)   #1
zapparacing
Rookie

zapparacing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Orwell Supersports Cup

Does anyone know where I may find some video feeds from the Orwell Cup? My son sent me a few a while ago but I deleted them on accidnet. Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 7 Nov 2007, 23:04 (Ref:2062530)   #2
John Burton
Rookie

John Burton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapparacing
Does anyone know where I may find some video feeds from the Orwell Cup? My son sent me a few a while ago but I deleted them on accidnet. Any help would be great. Thanks
Just came cross your enquiry from nearly 2 years ago !! I guess you have found the Orwell site by now, but if not it is orweell-supersportscup.com.
Old 7 Nov 2007, 23:06 (Ref:2062532)   #3
John Burton
Rookie

correction :- orwell not orweell
Old 7 Nov 2007, 23:44 (Ref:2062554)   #4
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Can I assume you are Orwell John Burton with B26.If so welcome and if not still welcome!
Old 8 Nov 2007, 10:21 (Ref:2062836)   #5
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
John do you see the new Masters Group 6 series being good for Orwell? I always think that this is a series that shoudl be more high profile as the cars are superb, racing fantastic but they rarely come to UK and dont do the Spa 6 Hour. I think Masters might just stimulate some more cars to come out and fingers crossed we might see some at one of the Masters Festivals!
Old 8 Nov 2007, 13:32 (Ref:2062982)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Can I assume you are Orwell John Burton with B26.If so welcome and if not still welcome!
John, it is the very same John Burton, and he has already contributed to the B26 thread in the chassis archive.
Old 10 Nov 2007, 14:05 (Ref:2064333)   #7
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
John do you see the new Masters Group 6 series being good for Orwell? I always think that this is a series that shoudl be more high profile as the cars are superb, racing fantastic but they rarely come to UK and dont do the Spa 6 Hour. I think Masters might just stimulate some more cars to come out and fingers crossed we might see some at one of the Masters Festivals!
Ahhh you've understood the cunning plan, Simon
Old 10 Nov 2007, 14:11 (Ref:2064341)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If Simon can work it out, it probably isn't that cunning.
Old 10 Nov 2007, 14:22 (Ref:2064353)   #9
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Poor old Simon, he does cop some stick doesn't he. The plan may not be cunning but it sure is a good one. I agree, Simon, these are great cars.
Old 10 Nov 2007, 14:42 (Ref:2064364)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Poor old Simon, he does cop some stick doesn't he.
Only because he deserves it!

I thought Masters were the ruination of all things historic, yet we are here suggesting they may actually improve a series?

FWIW I suspect that will be the case and good luck to them. The cars are great and indeed watching them thunder around Spa is a joy.
Old 10 Nov 2007, 15:05 (Ref:2064374)   #11
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I thought Masters were the ruination of all things historic, yet we are here suggesting they may actually improve a series?.
Always good to know we had your support Peter ........but seriously, I'm sure it's going to work well
Old 10 Nov 2007, 15:08 (Ref:2064375)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Up yours red nose!
Old 10 Nov 2007, 15:26 (Ref:2064388)   #13
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Up yours red nose!
....but PLEASE tell why you've given me that title? It's too good not to share!
Old 10 Nov 2007, 15:35 (Ref:2064395)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It's a term of endearment. Honest.
Old 10 Nov 2007, 15:47 (Ref:2064405)   #15
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Oh, I see! One of those quaint expessions that you picked up working abroad?
Old 10 Nov 2007, 15:48 (Ref:2064407)   #16
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's a term of endearment. Honest.
It not John,Peter obviously think's you look like one of Santa's Reindeer
Old 10 Nov 2007, 15:54 (Ref:2064415)   #17
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Terry - it's all in my 'black book'. If Peter's ever 'up before me', neither the MSA or the FIA will be able to help him - the penalty will merit the attention of the European Court of Human Rights
Old 10 Nov 2007, 16:16 (Ref:2064433)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
According to my staff, I'm not human so that's ok then. Now, where were we?

Ah yes, the fact that a lot of us are looking forward to seeing these mighty beasts in their rightful habitat.
Old 10 Nov 2007, 17:03 (Ref:2064485)   #19
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah OK Peter,you are right,RE Orwell,one of the best series ever.It's great to see these car's out there

[I promise I did not E-Mail you'r staff before you arrived]

Last edited by terence; 10 Nov 2007 at 17:05.
Old 13 Nov 2007, 23:23 (Ref:2066951)   #20
John Burton
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
I am not sure that the new Masters GP 6 series will be good for Orwell. After all, it now appears to be in direct competition in the 2litre and 3litre prototype catrgories. To that extent, I agree with Peter Mallett.

I do have sympathy with those of you who would like to see Orwell coming to the UK more often. However, with around seven meetings in total during the season throughout the major European circuits, there are never going to be too many events in the UK. We did come to Brands and Silverstone in 2006.

It is the only really competitive series where one can see Can-Am cars,some of which are driven extremely well with their 8.8litre (!) motors. For me, that is part of what I enjoy - the David and Goliath act.

I wish the new series well and may even try the odd race myself if they will accept me, but having raced in Orwell for a number of years I consider it the best run and most competitve series.

I can well understand why people with Lola T70's choose Masters, since they get lapped by our quickest 2litres in an average Orwell race. Not something I would enjoy if I owned a T70.

Incidently, i have a high regard for John Smith as an excellent Clerk of the Course ( remember that next time John,when I fail to notice a yellow ! ).
Old 14 Nov 2007, 00:09 (Ref:2066979)   #21
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Burton
I wish the new series well and may even try the odd race myself if they will accept me, but having raced in Orwell for a number of years I consider it the best run and most competitve series.
You're right about Orwell John but I'm sure Masters will make you welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Burton
Incidently, i have a high regard for John Smith as an excellent Clerk of the Course ( remember that next time John,when I fail to notice a yellow ! ).
Thank you for the compliment - even with the 'sting in the tail' . It's a change from the usual abuse I get on here!
Old 14 Nov 2007, 07:59 (Ref:2067107)   #22
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
When was that John?
I too am looking forward to see'ing more of these car's out there.You tend to get some pretty competitive racing all down the grid plus of course there's the soundtrack!!
Old 14 Nov 2007, 08:59 (Ref:2067128)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Loads of V8s of course.
Old 14 Nov 2007, 09:38 (Ref:2067149)   #24
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Loads of V8s of course.
Yeah--- Shame they don't accept Mustang's etc.