Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Dec 2002, 14:01 (Ref:444205)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Weaver to drive Dyson MG

I see from Autosprt.com that James Weaver is going to drive a Dyson MG for the entire ALMS campaign.

http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=21428&s=12

Good stuff.

Can Dyson get the 675 car up amongst the overall leaders?
Old 6 Dec 2002, 14:05 (Ref:444212)   #2
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dyson will have a very strong line up...three ex-Bentley boys.
Old 6 Dec 2002, 14:05 (Ref:444213)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I expect they can, although I doubt they will be regular race winners, maybe they will get 1 or 2 race wins though. My money is still on the Audis dominating though but expect the Dyson cars to be right up there with them.
Old 6 Dec 2002, 14:10 (Ref:444216)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Actually Sergio there is a reason as to why Bentley dropped the drivers..
Old 6 Dec 2002, 17:48 (Ref:444454)   #5
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What Saleen?? What is the reason??Can you teach us???
Old 7 Dec 2002, 02:26 (Ref:444797)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Well I think personally, that Bentley Dropped the drivers because they arent good enough for Bentley. I know some people here wont agree with that but thats what I think.
Old 7 Dec 2002, 04:31 (Ref:444819)   #7
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I realistically dont see any of the MGs getting close. Weaver and Wallace etc are good solid sportscar drivers, but I wouldnt put them in the Kristensen/Pirro mould, and the MG is no where near an R8.
Old 7 Dec 2002, 11:59 (Ref:444967)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Russfeld
I realistically dont see any of the MGs getting close. Weaver and Wallace etc are good solid sportscar drivers, but I wouldnt put them in the Kristensen/Pirro mould, and the MG is no where near an R8.

What?

James Weaver may be getting a little old in the tooth, but he's still a damn fine sportscar driver. As fir Andy Wallace, being dropped by Bentley is totally ridiculous. Wallace is every bit as good as Pirro and Kristensen (IMO). Having followed his career since his F3 days (back in about '85), I regard him as the great lost British talent. Frankly Saleen, to say he isn't good enough for Bentley is just nuts.
Old 7 Dec 2002, 13:40 (Ref:445025)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think Wallace is 'good enough' for Bentley. It's not just about speed you know. However I do think that Kristensen and Pirro are probably a little better.

I also don't think that the MGs will get close to the Audis, but maybe it would only take a fortuitous pace car period or two...
Old 7 Dec 2002, 16:07 (Ref:445084)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
I think Wallace is 'good enough' for Bentley. It's not just about speed you know. However I do think that Kristensen and Pirro are probably a little better.

I suppose I'm probably biased, as I've followed the guy for so long, but I still think that had he had the luck of the draw with Audi for the past three years like Kristensen and Pirro have had, you wouldn't have seen much difference, results-wise. Like someone once said about a different car(!), a trained monkey could win in a Joest-run R8.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 7 Dec 2002 at 16:08.
Old 7 Dec 2002, 17:25 (Ref:445123)   #11
Russfeld
Veteran

That would explain why Joest have to continue to have the best drivers on their tema, what with the car being so easy to drive.
Old 7 Dec 2002, 18:48 (Ref:445166)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Russfeld
That would explain why Joest have to continue to have the best drivers on their tema, what with the car being so easy to drive.
Yes, it would.
Old 8 Dec 2002, 10:50 (Ref:445489)   #13
Brant
Rookie

Brant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It might be worth noting that the Dyson MG's still have much developement potential. Including using tires more suited to 675 class. Where as, the all conquering Audi's aren't likely to get as much attention as a semi-works team. Now that the factory is turning it's heads towards 2004, aero tweeks and other innovations are less likely.

Even still, I think Audi's; Champion or Joest will take the larger share of the wins. MG is my only hope, as the 900's don't look to offer the r8's much of a challenge. Hopefully they'll steal the odd race just to make it interesting!
Old 8 Dec 2002, 19:44 (Ref:445754)   #14
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Well I think personally, that Bentley Dropped the drivers because they arent good enough for Bentley. I know some people here wont agree with that but thats what I think.
I would not agree with that, I think that we may see Andy Wallace in a Bentley again next year. Byt Dyson have got a very strong driver line up we will see what happens............
Old 8 Dec 2002, 20:50 (Ref:445784)   #15
Russfeld
Veteran

Lets be honest folks, those are factory Audi cars. Same cars, same team, same engineers, same drivers, same funding. Its just a paperwork change.
Old 8 Dec 2002, 21:35 (Ref:445805)   #16
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But could be that Joest now would have less budget, not factory support,... Maybe they can have still any advantage but less that in 2002. Maybe... We will see
Old 8 Dec 2002, 22:13 (Ref:445836)   #17
Russfeld
Veteran

They still have Infineon backing, and instead of getting $$$ from Audi AG they're getting it from Audi Sport.

Besides, the competition isnt even showing up this season.
Old 9 Dec 2002, 14:08 (Ref:446298)   #18
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Everyone refers to James as a Bentley boy, but did he ever sit in the car?

I seem to remember that he withdrew his services when Bentley declined to put tire pressure sensors on the cars (after the tragic loss of Michele Alboreto).
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 10 Dec 2002, 05:45 (Ref:446761)   #19
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By James Weaver withdrawing his services by Bentley declining to fit tire sensors to the cars, has this effected his career.?
Old 10 Dec 2002, 05:55 (Ref:446767)   #20
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mickj
By James Weaver withdrawing his services by Bentley declining to fit tire sensors to the cars, has this effected his career.?
Only if you are thinking in strict Le Mans/ALMS standards. He has done plenty of winning in the last two years.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 08:20 (Ref:446798)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Everyone refers to James as a Bentley boy, but did he ever sit in the car?
I'm pretty sure he tested the car.