Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Apr 2016, 13:38 (Ref:3630719)   #51
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/241...johnny-herbert

Saying Alonso doesn't have motivation is like saying a vindaloo doesn't have spice.
Old 6 Apr 2016, 14:43 (Ref:3630728)   #52
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Frankly, I don't care one way or another. Alonso will either quit on his own, or he will clearly be beyond his expiration date at some point and it will be obvious. I doubt that the current situation at McLaren is a good place to judge his current capabilities or motivations. To me its less about him not being worthy and should quit. I believe he is talented and motivated, but with everything it is in degrees and not absolutes. McLaren feels he is worth whatever they are paying him. Isn't that what matters?

I will say that reading that article by JH... It comes across more as if JH has a personal issue or axe to grind more than anything. The entire thing about Alonso should be fighting to get back in the car and comparisons to Lauda is ludicrous and smacks of bloodsport. But I guess he is being paid to provide his opinion and generate traffic. It got me to read his article.

Richard
Old 7 Apr 2016, 01:38 (Ref:3630837)   #53
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Did anyone see the vid where FA approaches JH during commentary??
Here:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...ntaDZ2MN_Xp7Dl

I think Fred is wrong, Herbert is world champion scum!

Herbert seems to have taken over as the "village idiot", and will fit right into the honourable organisation that brought us News of The World.

Last edited by wnut; 7 Apr 2016 at 01:46.
Old 7 Apr 2016, 05:32 (Ref:3630858)   #54
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I think Fred is wrong, Herbert is world champion scum!

Herbert seems to have taken over as the "village idiot", and will fit right into the honourable organisation that brought us News of The World.
I think that Herbert was wrong too.

However this is unfair name calling and sensationalisism that would fit perfectly in that old publication.
Old 7 Apr 2016, 18:01 (Ref:3630985)   #55
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can't see any reason Alonso isn't giving it 100% like he always has. Yes he gets frustrated at times, but then he's bound to after two winless seasons
Old 7 Apr 2016, 19:46 (Ref:3631025)   #56
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd be peeved too if I'd flounced out of a winning car at McLaren in '07 and a soon to be winning Ferrari in '14.
Old 8 Apr 2016, 15:15 (Ref:3631217)   #57
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is my sincere hope he never wins another race or even places on a podium ever again. No one can tell me he has clean hands in either the Renault or McLaren affairs he was mixed up in.
Old 8 Apr 2016, 15:50 (Ref:3631219)   #58
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
It is my sincere hope he never wins another race or even places on a podium ever again. No one can tell me he has clean hands in either the Renault or McLaren affairs he was mixed up in.
cant say i disagree with that. crashgate still rankles but several years of being humbled in less then stellar cars has eased my anger.

its like we have seen him living in exile these past years and 2010 Abu Dhabi watching his chances at a 3rd title evaporate as he could not get past Petrov (in a Renault no less) was i think a fitting penance.
Old 8 Apr 2016, 16:36 (Ref:3631233)   #59
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
...and do you have the same sincere hopes for Lewis Hamilton after lying to the stewards - also a lot of years ago?

Sorry, I think that's a ridiculous claim. There's zero evidence Alonso even had anything to do with what happened at Singapore.
Old 8 Apr 2016, 16:57 (Ref:3631240)   #60
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
he might not have had prior knowledge but as a sportsperson how do you not publicly distance yourself from that win after the facts came out?

to my knowledge he never has and it can be done in subtle ways as not to drag the story on. zoom in and look under the visor joint...that race win shouldnt be on there imo...maybe thats a silly thing to take issue with and i am getting over it but still.

Old 8 Apr 2016, 23:46 (Ref:3631326)   #61
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
...and do you have the same sincere hopes for Lewis Hamilton after lying to the stewards - also a lot of years ago?

Sorry, I think that's a ridiculous claim. There's zero evidence Alonso even had anything to do with what happened at Singapore.
LH has no reference in this thread and is off topic and if you want to debate that start a new one. I reiterate what I wrote in case you missed my point, prove to me he played no part, you can't because there is no public evidence that he wasn't and two incidents is one to many. One maybe but two? Nah, smoke means fire in my book, he got away with being involved and untainted in both affairs and you can try and convince me of that and you will be wasting your time so don't bother as you will be arguing with yourself.
Old 9 Apr 2016, 02:14 (Ref:3631350)   #62
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is this the "anything goes as long as it's about Alonso" thread? Do we need to start one for each driver?

Richard
Old 9 Apr 2016, 02:43 (Ref:3631356)   #63
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Is this the "anything goes as long as it's about Alonso" thread? Do we need to start one for each driver?

Richard
It's start to remind me those old JV threads, those whither Jacques, whither Jos
Old 9 Apr 2016, 07:31 (Ref:3631402)   #64
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
.... prove to me he played no part....
That's not how evidence works.
Old 9 Apr 2016, 09:12 (Ref:3631428)   #65
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
That's not how evidence works.
This is not a court of law, we are entitled to opinions formed in whatever way we choose .

Personally I am very impressed with how Fernando has matured, as a younger man he was petulant, selfish and dangerously manipulative, he's grown out of a lot of that and is a much better person for it. In the TV coverage we saw his reaction to Button breaking down the very second it happened, he looked gutted, a few years ago we'd not have seen that reaction.
Old 9 Apr 2016, 10:48 (Ref:3631443)   #66
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Alonso is one of the few characters left in the sport and has definately mellowed out of the car. He's one of the few drivers who has always cool under pressure. Witness Imola 2005.