Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Mar 2016, 22:46 (Ref:3623461)   #1
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Why we love the sport

There's been plenty of negative coverage towards F1 be it the governance or the gimmicks used to spice up the racing. Us people are no exception to it, which is justified, but there is always something that happens that reminds that deep down we still love F1

For me it's going to traditional circuits like Monaco, Silverstone, Spa, Monza, Suzuka, Interlagos, where the big crowds create a great atmosphere, the circuit's one of the most exciting to drive and there is usually ample opportunities to overtake, so we more often than not get good racing. And even if we don't the first two points are enough to disguise it

So what moments remind others of their love for the sport
Old 17 Mar 2016, 16:09 (Ref:3623620)   #2
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
When the lights go out and 21 of the best drivers in the world plus Pastor Maldonado (only joking!) head flat out towards the first corner.

Sometimes as little as half a lap later I am yawning again, but the anticipation is nearly always there - is it going to be a classic? are we going to be talking about this one for years to come? what is going to happen? who will make a name for themselves? who is going to mess up? who is going wheel to wheel?
Old 17 Mar 2016, 18:00 (Ref:3623661)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
We love this sport because without it you guys would have nothing to whine about ..
Seriously though it still a great spectacle, when these cars scream up to turn one at COTA I am as excited as a kid, and feel very fortunate that I can attend a race that's in my neck of the woods ...