Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 17 Dec 2008, 20:05 (Ref:2357187)   #1
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Conquest in the ALMS???

It's been known for awhile now that Conquest would like to add an ALMS LMP program on top of their IRL team. They gave technical support to the factory LMP1 Zytek at Petit Le Mans this year and put out a release saying they'd like to put something together for 09.

All has gone quiet on that front in the sports car world, but I'm wondering if you open wheel guys may have heard anything of late? There's a rumor that someone has recently purchased a single Porsche RS Spyder and plans to run it in the ALMS, but there was no mention of teams?

Conquest and Walker were both interested in ALMS programs, so they'd be my logical guesses, but I really have nothing to back it up. What do you guys think?
Old 23 Dec 2008, 07:28 (Ref:2360040)   #2
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that, as an ALMS season is way more expensive that an Indycar one, all this is highly unlikely
Old 23 Dec 2008, 16:10 (Ref:2360246)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by climb
I think that, as an ALMS season is way more expensive that an Indycar one, all this is highly unlikely
ALMS is not more expensive than IndyCar.

A reasonalbly competitive privateer team with a suitable used chassis and an engine lease can run the full ALMS season for about $3.5 million.

However, Conquest bought two new Panoz DP01s shortly before the merger happened last year, which made them a total waste of money, then spent $$$ to convert to IndyCar, so I doubt that Eric Bachaelart would want to fork out more money to start up an ALMS program when his focus should be on his open wheel program.

Last edited by Tim Northcutt; 23 Dec 2008 at 16:14.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 26 Dec 2008, 07:19 (Ref:2361121)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
do conquest run an indy lights team aswell
Old 26 Dec 2008, 18:03 (Ref:2361214)   #5
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
ALMS is not more expensive than IndyCar.

A reasonalbly competitive privateer team with a suitable used chassis and an engine lease can run the full ALMS season for about $3.5 million.

However, Conquest bought two new Panoz DP01s shortly before the merger happened last year, which made them a total waste of money, then spent $$$ to convert to IndyCar, so I doubt that Eric Bachaelart would want to fork out more money to start up an ALMS program when his focus should be on his open wheel program.
"[That all depends on] what your definition of [should] is..." W. Clinton

Chris