Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 20 Jul 2006, 12:09 (Ref:1660735)   #1
pilbeam buddy
Rookie

Guernsey
Guernsey
pilbeam buddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
team orders

the question now is will paul r and roger m sacarifice there champ positions to help martin and scott in there quest for no 1 status and how do scott and martin need simon durlings and mooses help in achieving this and others need to raise there game to mix up the top spots each meeting the championship is far from over.i think we have not seen the final twist yet
Old 20 Jul 2006, 13:08 (Ref:1660767)   #2
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Are you looking to upset the apple cart with a long overdue maiden win?

(I'm not taking the mick with that, I suspect without the "uneccesaryness" @ Loton early in the year, it would be under your belt by now.)
Old 20 Jul 2006, 13:16 (Ref:1660771)   #3
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Extractum Digitum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilbeam buddy
the question now is will paul r and roger m sacarifice there champ positions to help martin and scott in there quest for no 1 status and how do scott and martin need simon durlings and mooses help in achieving this and others need to raise there game to mix up the top spots each meeting the championship is far from over.i think we have not seen the final twist yet
I am not sure what you are getting at Moosey! Are you suggesting that Paul R and Roger M are going to sandbag? Or possibly that Paul R and Roger M should miss some rounds to give their co-drivers sole use of the car?

I would have thought the best way to help your Team Mate win is to ensure that (a) you don't bend the car, and (b) you bring it back nice and warm!

Certainly now that Simon Durling has a win under his belt he could figure more prominantly and possibly upset the apple-cart again at Wiscombe. Not sure about The Moose! I would have thought he should have won a round by now however there is still time!

Old 20 Jul 2006, 13:25 (Ref:1660781)   #4
pilbeam buddy
Rookie

Guernsey
Guernsey
steve
wasn't getting at anything was a genuine question how will roger push and paul for that matter as for simon he is fast becoming performer of the year in a smaller capacity car.
Old 20 Jul 2006, 13:30 (Ref:1660785)   #5
pilbeam buddy
Rookie

Guernsey
Guernsey
seeing the top six in championship are six people mentioned at barring accidents these are the top 6 finishers something has to give in order to scott to take number 1 spot as ball is firmly in martins court barring mishaps if they all score to the end ,just an observation not apple cart upsetting
Old 20 Jul 2006, 13:57 (Ref:1660798)   #6
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I was thinking more along the lines of upsetting the applecart by having Moose on the top step of the podium.
Old 20 Jul 2006, 13:59 (Ref:1660800)   #7
pilbeam buddy
Rookie

Guernsey
Guernsey
rest assured i wont give up in my pursuit i will try as hard as ever
Old 20 Jul 2006, 14:37 (Ref:1660819)   #8
Paul Ranson
Racer

Paul Ranson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the moment the closest battles in the top 12 are between me and Chris Merrick and between Deryk Young and Tom New. That's where the action is, you don't want to be watching the boring old winning going on at the front...

Paul
Old 20 Jul 2006, 21:57 (Ref:1661080)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting question, and the performance of the 'second' drivers (sorry if that sounds bad, I'm sure there's a better term) could make quite a difference.

I don't think Paul would complain if I say that he's not naturally as quick as Martin (how many are), but he's very reliable at bringing the car back, and his times are more than respectable. I'm a bit of a fan because he's such a good bloke, and I rejoice every time I see a new PB. All things being equal, I'd expect him to finish behind Martin, and I can't honestly see him beating Scott in a straight fight at the moment. Nevertheless, go for it Paul! I'm expecting you to move up at least one number this year.

Roger's in an interesting position, though. He and Scott are pretty evenly matched. Ok, Scott's definitely taken a huge step up this year and found something either in himself or the car. Whichever it is, the times are definitely there. He obviously needs to get ahead of Martin a little more often, and his cause will be helped if Roger can finish between them, but that's a huge task - how to be sufficiently committed to beat Grovesy, but not overdo it and beat Scottie too. If they can both get this right, then it could make a big difference.

What will make a difference is others hitting the top step on occasions. Simon's finally shown he can do it (long overdue), Moose surely must soon (ditto), and given a couple of none finishes among the leaders or interesting weather conditions, there's several others who could pick up a podium or two. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the championship go down to the wire.
Old 23 Jul 2006, 06:36 (Ref:1662510)   #10
devon kev
Racer

Guernsey
MELBOURNE DERBY
devon kev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe slightly off thread a bit,but most of the top 10 drivers get more seat time than moose by also entering in the Midland championship as well as the British
Old 23 Jul 2006, 23:40 (Ref:1663021)   #11
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

It's a tough job getting a number these days. With Chris M, Deryk, Simon and Paul on good form not to mention getting quicker, it's quite a feat.

And if Scary Trev gets that OMS working, next year could be a battle royal all the way down the list.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 22:06 (Ref:1664532)   #12
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by devon kev
Maybe slightly off thread a bit,but most of the top 10 drivers get more seat time than moose by also entering in the Midland championship as well as the British

Thats a good point Kev....

I wonder how many drivers will be contemplating entering the Midland Championship next year with that very fact in mind....

I for one would certainly think about it if I were a National entrant.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 22:37 (Ref:1664562)   #13
Paul Ranson
Racer

Paul Ranson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moose is doing the same 6 Midland rounds that I am. There aren't many who are prepared to do the whole British series and then add the extra Midland only rounds. Coming up on consecutive weekends are Wiscombe/Craigantlet/Midland Loton/Shelsley/Gurston/Prescott.

Paul
Old 27 Jul 2006, 22:44 (Ref:1666295)   #14
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didnt realise it was such a full calender Paul.....Sorry

Looks like its a fine balancing act between getting sufficient seat time to develop and spending way too much money on entry fees and travelling and tyres etc etc....