Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 18 Jul 2006, 09:11 (Ref:1658935)   #1
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Keeping track of the scores ......

Right, a thread to help keep track of the scores and account for dropped scores in the British Speed Hillclimb Championship...

The Top 4 at the Moment...

Grover 195
Scottie 192
Roger 162
Simon 132

But drop the worst scores off and..

Grover 195 (2x no scores, Round 1 & 17)
Scottie 178 (2x 4th Places Rounds 5 & 6 Barbon)
Roger 155 (Dropping 7 points, 4 from Round 9, 3 from Round 11)
Simon 132 (2x no scores Rounds 21 & 22)

That pretty much means that Grover is in a commanding position, but only if he doesn't have many more fails or low scoring days.

The interesting statistic is that thus far Scottie and Roger are the only two drivers in the Championship to score points in all 22 rounds of the Championship. I wonder how long it can be before consistancy like that bags the Championship?
Old 18 Jul 2006, 11:54 (Ref:1659052)   #2
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
It figures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w
The interesting statistic is that thus far Scottie and Roger are the only two drivers in the Championship to score points in all 22 rounds of the Championship. I wonder how long it can be before consistancy like that bags the Championship?
Ponder on this one! It would be possible for a driver to score points, or a point, in every round and not get a number for the following season!

As for scoring points in every round, there is no advantage to doing that as the dropped score rule negates 100% consistancy. However if the Morans maintain this consistancy throughout the year it could be the first time that a father and son have both achieved it in the same season.

Old 18 Jul 2006, 15:38 (Ref:1659229)   #3
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I'm sure they'd trade that achievement to be able to stick number one on their car next season.

However, now that Scott has proved to himself that he can beat Grover on the track on equal terms, I would say his chances of doing the championship have dramatically increased.

Its very nice to see Tom "Big Paws" New with a fair shot at a number.
Old 18 Jul 2006, 15:43 (Ref:1659233)   #4
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w
Its very nice to see Tom "Big Paws" New with a fair shot at a number.
Agreed! Tommy New is long overdue a NUMBER and I have my fingers crossed!

I suspect he will be making the trek over to Ulster for Craigantlet again this year after his performances last year.

Old 18 Jul 2006, 18:11 (Ref:1659336)   #5
webbo
Racer

England
Down South
webbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wilkinson
Agreed! Tommy New is long overdue a NUMBER and I have my fingers crossed!

I suspect he will be making the trek over to Ulster for Craigantlet again this year after his performances last year.

Indeed Big Paws will be taking the trip to ireland !.........and i hope he does make one of top 10, so i dont have to keep doing numbers every meeting.
Old 18 Jul 2006, 19:12 (Ref:1659374)   #6
mcb666
Racer

mcb666 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The gap...

Martin leads by 14 points I believe over Scott after the current dropped scores.
A possible of 110 remaining points in the following 10 rounds.

Fun, Fun, and more fun.

McB
Old 18 Jul 2006, 19:16 (Ref:1659375)   #7
mcb666
Racer

mcb666 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kirkistown

Are Tim & Wi11iam going..

As for Craigantlet, well worth a visit if you can, and with Martin and Scotty now battling it could be even better.

The social aspects not bad either.

Mcb
Old 18 Jul 2006, 22:18 (Ref:1659524)   #8
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For some reason Roger always seems to suffer when dropped scores are taken into account. Well, I guess the reason is that he's always been extremely consistent, and presumably it also means his car preparation is of a very high standard. It seems a shame, though, and almost every year we seem to head towards the end of the season with Roger needing at least a third place in order to actually add a point to his total.
Old 19 Jul 2006, 08:13 (Ref:1659765)   #9
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Ulster Fry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb666
Are Tim & Wi11iam going..

As for Craigantlet, well worth a visit if you can, and with Martin and Scotty now battling it could be even better.

The social aspects not bad either.

Mcb
As far as I know Tim and William are going to Ulster and will be running at Kirkistown on the Friday to get some additional seat time.

As for Craigantlet being worth a visit I think that is a VERY slight understatement! It is a superb venue and the people are so friendly and helpful - long may it continue.

Final point - if you do go you MUST have an Ulster Fry for Breakfast as you will not want anything to eat for the rest of the day!!!

Old 19 Jul 2006, 09:11 (Ref:1659808)   #10
Paul Ranson
Racer

Paul Ranson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
For some reason Roger always seems to suffer when dropped scores are taken into account.
The advantage of dropped scores is that more risks can be taken, the downside is the 'you have to win to add a point at Doune'. An alternative would be to spread the points out, so top placings got more, and then make every round count.

As it is you have to play the game as the rules are.

Paul
Old 19 Jul 2006, 13:00 (Ref:1659971)   #11
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Rulez is Rulez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ranson
As it is you have to play the game as the rules are.

Paul
Couldn't agree more. The Rules are known by all and by signing up for a championship you have to accept them.

In general I like the 'dropped score' rule as it gives people either the opportunity to miss a round or two for economic reasons or the respite when they have a mechanical failure/accident.

If all rounds were to count then it could end up with the driver or team with the biggest budget winning and none of us want that!

Old 19 Jul 2006, 22:24 (Ref:1660350)   #12
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry, I didn't word that well, did I? It's not that I disapprove of the dropped scores, just noting the fact that Roger seems to drop them a lot.

Come to think of it, I could have worded that better too!
Old 21 Aug 2006, 12:42 (Ref:1688079)   #13
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Dropped in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ranson
Championship
Martin Groves 243
Scott Moran 241
Roger Moran 185
Simon Durling 157
Mike Dean 148
Paul Ranson 115
Chris Merrick 111
Rob Turnbull 70
Tom New 55
Deryk Young 54
Basil Pitt 32
Willem Toet 23

All unofficial etc etc.

Paul
Paul, doesn't Scottie start dropping points from Gurston onwards? Meanwhile doesn't Martin only drop points from the second of the two September Prescott rounds (assuming he scores in the two Gurstons and the first Prescott)?

Old 21 Aug 2006, 14:45 (Ref:1688098)   #14
Paul Ranson
Racer

Paul Ranson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Something like that. Scott can only add 7 to his score in the first Gurston, 4 in the second etc etc.

OTOH both Martin and Scott can stop scoring now and they will remain 1 and 2 whatever anybody else does.

Paul
Old 21 Aug 2006, 16:06 (Ref:1688141)   #15
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Basically, Grover's worst 6 scores thus far are 0,0,0,7,8 & 9 making 24 points to drop off his 243 overall, making 219

Scott's worst are 4,7,7,7,7 & 8 so a whopping 40 to drop off 241 Leaving him at 201.

So 18 points in it after current drops. I'm struggling with the maths here, but to my mind, Scott needs Martin to have three dodgy rounds or DNFs and to post 3rd or better in all the remaining rounds to have a realistic shot at it. But *I think* if Martin posts top 3 at the four rounds at Gurston and Prescott, it's game over no matter what Scott does.

However, if Scott keeps the pressure on with his current consistancy, it's going to make the banks at Prescott and Doune look awful close for Martin.
Old 21 Aug 2006, 19:16 (Ref:1688193)   #16
lifeof
Rookie

lifeof should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was suggested to me that a reason for allowing the dropping of 6 scores was to take into account the extra expense of going to Craigantlet, Jersey and Guernsey and the fact that an appreciable number of drivers might not be able to afford the trips ???????????
Personally I think that an award for the total points scored should be made but that the Championship is based upon the current arrangement.
Discuss
Old 21 Aug 2006, 20:42 (Ref:1688284)   #17
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
In Scott's words. "We know the rules at the start of the year, so we know what we're dealing with." His take was that he was effectively 17 points behind Martin going into the week-end and should have pushed harder at the start of the year.