Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 10 Dec 2014, 12:18 (Ref:3483719)   #1
Exploded
Rookie

Belgium
Antwerp
Exploded should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where to race in a Formula Brabham/Holden

A friend of mine owns a Formula Brabham/Formula Holden for quite a few years and we would like to drive a few races or trackdays on famous UK tracks. A race or even a trackday on Brands Hatch GP or Silverstone GP is highly on our "to do" list.
Does anyone know where we would be welcome, with this type of car?
A bit mor info on the car: here
In this case it is an early car, it has a 285 BHP 3.8 Holden/Buick V6 engine, weighs about 650kg.
Old 10 Dec 2014, 13:58 (Ref:3483729)   #2
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Depending on where you want to travel, Irish Formula Libre. There used to be quite a few of these cars in the series, now just one regular....the Shrike in the wiki page you linked is or was owned by one of the drivers over here who had more than one Formula Holden.
Old 10 Dec 2014, 14:00 (Ref:3483730)   #3
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
..forgot it's called Boss Ireland now, link below, go into the gallery and you can see some other Formula Holden's as well as other stuff.

http://www.bossireland.ie/
Old 10 Dec 2014, 14:00 (Ref:3483731)   #4
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Providing it will pass a UK noise test, and you have a recognised race licence, you could run it on a circuit test day without problems. Sadly there are very few opportunities to test on the Brands GP circuit, but there are regular test days on the Silverstone GP circuit, and also some unsilenced test days at Donington.

Track days don't like single seaters, and the difference in cornering and braking ability would make it very frustrating.

Where to actually race it in the UK is another matter...
Old 10 Dec 2014, 18:41 (Ref:3483783)   #5
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc View Post

Where to actually race it in the UK is another matter...
Maybe it's about time Monoposto had a "Mono 3000/ 4000/ 5000"series, if only a few times a year?!
Old 10 Dec 2014, 19:39 (Ref:3483790)   #6
Exploded
Rookie

Belgium
Antwerp
Exploded should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thnx for all reactions guys. The car was driven in Formula Libre Ireland in the past, so comes from the owner mentioned. Ireland is a bit far, with all respect.
As many say you are not very often welcome on trackdays. In Belgium there is a formula club, where mostly FFord drive, but the last years the club has seen many other monoposto as well. They do track days but only in Belgium/north of France. Great, but the UK has some great iconic tracks as well. We would be happy to join a (single seater) trackday or a club race, this race may be without scoring any championship points.
It's sad there isn't much Monoposto 3000/4000/5000 action I agree.
Old 5 Feb 2015, 08:47 (Ref:3501229)   #7
RobManser
Rookie

United Kingdom
West Berkshire
RobManser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd go with Andrew's suggestion and get out on a few test days, after giving the car a thorough service to ensure it's safe and won't grind to a halt after five laps and waste your test day money. As Andrew says, the car may not pass noise regs at many tracks, but Silverstone and Donington are always good bets.

I'm not sure of your prior experience, but to test the driver/s will need current MSA race licenses and the car will need to be in a raceworthy state with a fire extinguisher that's in date etc (and although that's virtually never checked, those are the rules, as I enquired recently at Brands about running my road legal but virtually race ready Lotus 2-Eleven at test days and was refused). As Andrew says, racing is another matter entirely because as far as I know the car won't be eligible for any UK based single seater championships other than the aforementioned Formula Libre. You could try Euroboss, but I'd definitely start out with some test days first.
Old 5 Feb 2015, 09:53 (Ref:3501245)   #8
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe there may be an all-comers race at Donington Park this summer, coinciding on one of Donington's unsilenced weekends. This would be an opportunity to race the car.