Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 25 Sep 2009, 20:34 (Ref:2548260)   #26
race aficionado
Racer

Colombia
Manhattan, NY
race aficionado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Juan Pablo Montoya

Man, I've never heard the television commentators say "Juan Pablo Montoya" so many times.

Interesting how they kept his F1 name - not Pablo Montoya . . .

and this is a first, they just called him "Mister Aggression - Juan Pablo Montoya"

Hey old time JPM fans . . . isn't this a cool, surreal and satisfying moment to be in?

Way cool!!!

Go JPM!!!!
Old 25 Sep 2009, 21:18 (Ref:2548296)   #27
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see more people on this board now that JPM is contending for the championship. Imagine how many more will pay a visit here next if if Marcus Ambrose makes the 2010 chase.
Old 26 Sep 2009, 06:48 (Ref:2548443)   #28
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
These are exciting times indeed... I enjoyed every moment of last weeks race and can't wait to tune in again this week. Go 42!
Old 26 Sep 2009, 11:25 (Ref:2548538)   #29
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Great to see more people on this board now that JPM is contending for the championship. Imagine how many more will pay a visit here next if if Marcus Ambrose makes the 2010 chase.
Hmmm not sure about that, they will probably stay in their home forum elsewhere on this site.
Old 26 Sep 2009, 23:41 (Ref:2548861)   #30
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Most likely, they dont really care about his NASCAR effort unless a post is done on there V8 forum...
Old 27 Sep 2009, 00:20 (Ref:2548916)   #31
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
To be fair, I've never seen an Aussie bash Nascar, well maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.
Old 27 Sep 2009, 01:49 (Ref:2548968)   #32
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey guys new to the Forum, alot of Aussies do care.

Im a big Ambrose Fan from his V8SC days but still follow him today, but truth be known im acutally a big Montoya Fan from way back aswell.

Really "Getting into" the chase myself for the first time and very excited that JPM made it and seems to be performing well, hoping he can keep it up and make a real run at the title.
Old 27 Sep 2009, 06:14 (Ref:2549002)   #33
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Welcome dude. Virtually everyone here is a Montoya fan, and with Ambrose in the series now, this board will only grow in visitors. These two drivers have brought in a massive load of international fans.
Old 27 Sep 2009, 16:32 (Ref:2549209)   #34
race aficionado
Racer

Colombia
Manhattan, NY
race aficionado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
potato-potatoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by race aficionado View Post
Man, I've never heard the television commentators say "Juan Pablo Montoya" so many times.

Interesting how they kept his F1 name - not Pablo Montoya . . .

and this is a first, they just called him "Mister Aggression - Juan Pablo Montoya"

Hey old time JPM fans . . . isn't this a cool, surreal and satisfying moment to be in?

Way cool!!!

Go JPM!!!!
my mistake . . he was called Juan Montoya in the US before going to F1- Pablo Montoya is the name of his dad . . .

bottom line is that I like it that they call him JPM in Nascar-Juan Pablo Montoya.

Hoping for a great one today.
Old 27 Sep 2009, 19:04 (Ref:2549308)   #35
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Yeah Dover has been great so far thanks to Logano's....air ride.
Old 28 Sep 2009, 00:06 (Ref:2549454)   #36
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Most likely, they dont really care about his NASCAR effort unless a post is done on there V8 forum...
I followed Marcos from the time he went to the US and having learnt to understand more of the finer points of oval racing have become really interested in Nascar.Ironically I have also become far more interested in all US racing(road racing) as a result.
I can also say that many,many people have developed an interest in Nascar thru Marcos involvement.If you think about it a little it makes sense--- Marcos gives us an idea how good a lot of the drivers and teams really are --he was top class here in Australia and has proven that again in a new arena.
Old 28 Sep 2009, 03:29 (Ref:2549486)   #37
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Ugh, Jimmie's very strong yet again. Imagine him winning the Chase again.
Old 29 Sep 2009, 23:02 (Ref:2550878)   #38
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by race aficionado View Post
my mistake . . he was called Juan Montoya in the US before going to F1- Pablo Montoya is the name of his dad . . .

bottom line is that I like it that they call him JPM in Nascar-Juan Pablo Montoya.
i vote for John Paul being what we call him .

whatever we call him, he is coming into his own in a stockcar, like him or not. same with Taz...they've found a good, challenging race series for themselves and is a shame both can't be in the chase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09
Ugh, Jimmie's very strong yet again. Imagine him winning the Chase again.
have faith in the old man, my boy...he ain't lookin so weak right now, but the 48 is strong and has (obviously) been the one everyone is going to have to beat this year. i hope his teammate in the #5 can spoil his 4peat!
Old 29 Sep 2009, 23:33 (Ref:2550895)   #39
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pos.DriverTeamPointsChange
1Mark Martin#5 Kellogg's/Carquest Hendrick Motorsport Chevrolet5400-
2Jimmie Johnson#48 Lowe's Hendrick Motorsport Chevrolet5390-
3Juan Pablo Montoya#42 Target Earnhardt Ganassi Racing Chevrolet5335+1
4Kurt Busch#2 Miller Lite Penske Racing Dodge5325+1
5Tony Stewart#14 Office Depot/Old Spice Stewart-Haas Racing Chevrolet5294+1
6Denny Hamlin#11 FedEx Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota5292-3
7Ryan Newman#39 U.S. Army Stewart-Haas Racing Chevrolet5290-
8Jeff Gordon#24 DuPont Hendrick Motorsport Chevrolet5278+2
9Greg Biffle#16 3M Roush Fenway Racing Ford5262-
10Brian Vickers#83 Red Bull Racing Team Toyota5249-2
11Carl Edwards#99 Aflac Roush Fenway Racing Ford5247-
12Kasey Kahne#9 Budweiser Richard Petty Motorsports Dodge5211-
Old 3 Oct 2009, 04:42 (Ref:2553029)   #40
instant classic
Rookie

France
France
instant classic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeff Gordon pick up 2 spots but still, what happen to Jeff? shocks me to see him
down in 8th
Old 5 Oct 2009, 00:19 (Ref:2554207)   #41
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
8This is going to be an incredibly close Chase. With the exception of Brian Vickers, all of the eligible drivers are staying near the front of the pack: 8 of the top 11 in Loudon, 10 of the top 13 in Dover, and 10 of the top 11 in Kansas were Chase qualifiers. With so many of the 12 finalists at the top of their games, consistency alone will not be enough to claim the title this year; winning will be the factor that separates the contenders from the pretenders.

There is one other reason why the Chase will be anyone's game until the final weeks: Talladega. In past years, Talladega held the fourth race in the Chase, and the inevitable big crash would serve to crush several drivers' championship dreams within the tangled masses of sheet metal. But with Talladega, Atlanta, and Fontana switching dates on this year's schedule, next week's race will be in southern California, while Talladega race does not come until November 1. A holding pattern in the standings can be expected to continue for the next two weeks as the series visits Fontana and Charlotte; the two races after that, at Martinsville and Talladega, will be where the field of contenders thins out to four or five drivers with a legitimate shot of the title, setting up a three-race dash to the finish.

As it stands right now, Mark Martin and Jimmie Johnson are the drivers to beat, but Juan Pablo Montoya is the only finalist to earn top-5 finishes in each of the first three Chase events. He's always been able to start every race near the front, and now he's finding ways to finish every race there. That makes him the most dangerous man in NASCAR right now. If no one can manage to put up a string of top-2 finishes, Montoya may be able to steal the championship. Of course, he can earn the championship with a win or two of his own. (And yes, the previous statement contradicts everything I said earlier.)
Old 5 Oct 2009, 01:01 (Ref:2554217)   #42
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it is impressive how so many teams have been so consistantly fast and mistake free during this chase. this is why the teams are in the chase to begin with.

'dega is the crapshoot in this whole thing. it won't be decided there but one or more will be eliminated.

the hendrick teams mentioned throughout this thread are the favs but John Paul impressing me!

Come on Arkie!
Old 5 Oct 2009, 01:22 (Ref:2554221)   #43
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What about a road course in the chase....
Old 5 Oct 2009, 01:41 (Ref:2554224)   #44
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
i'd like to see another road course in the chase, but i don't think the would happen.

the chase would better if they would go to the ALL "BIG" tracks, but it would change the schedule as we now it. (horrors)
Old 5 Oct 2009, 19:02 (Ref:2554675)   #45
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
What about a road course in the chase....
Old 6 Oct 2009, 12:17 (Ref:2555131)   #46
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
i'd like to see another road course in the chase, but i don't think the would happen.

the chase would better if they would go to the ALL "BIG" tracks, but it would change the schedule as we now it. (horrors)
This idea would backfire, as the hardcore short track fanbase (a justified base) would likely tune out.
Old 6 Oct 2009, 21:25 (Ref:2555473)   #47
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
This idea would backfire, as the hardcore short track fanbase (a justified base) would likely tune out.
i think some of them already have tuned out, like the folks from Wilkes County NC. there are only 6 short track races out of 32 on the Cup calender as it stands now, right?

but, i was not very clear:
i meant BIG as in BIG races...

like this:
Daytona <---would eliminate the Firecracker 400
Taladega
Martinsville
Charlotte
Atlanta
Bristol
Homestead
Vegas
Cali
Darlington

in no particular order...and as NASCAR does, switch around to include some others every other year, like Richmond, Dover, Phoniex, the Glen, Sonoma etc. a road course would really shake up the Chase, no?

my road course choice would have to be RoadATL because i'm REALLY biased, but VIR would be very cool. Portland would be the most logical choice right now to add as a road course simply because of it's location; NASCAR has to be looking to the extreme northwest before too long.
Old 6 Oct 2009, 22:16 (Ref:2555499)   #48
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Laguna Seca.... and dump the Muppet Show at Talladega to make room for it on the Calendar!
Old 6 Oct 2009, 23:05 (Ref:2555515)   #49
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All the road courses in America and you chose that?
Old 6 Oct 2009, 23:31 (Ref:2555527)   #50
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
Laguna Seca.... and dump the Muppet Show at Talladega to make room for it on the Calendar!
what's wrong with the Muppet Show?