Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 10 Oct 2011, 04:46 (Ref:2968423)   #51
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
STANDINGS (after 20 of 25)

Austin Dillon - 704
James Buescher - 701
Johnny Sauter - 685
Timothy Peters - 664
Ron Hornaday - 662
Joey Coulter - 634
Cole Whitt - 632
Todd Bodine - 631
Matt Crafton - 631
Parker Kligerman - 608
Old 5 Nov 2011, 00:45 (Ref:2981721)   #52
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Kyle Busch:
Old 5 Nov 2011, 00:58 (Ref:2981725)   #53
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wtf does he even listen to what he says some times
Old 5 Nov 2011, 01:04 (Ref:2981728)   #54
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't know what happened with Capt Snothead but see he is down the running order.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 01:18 (Ref:2981732)   #55
St00ge
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Don't know what happened with Capt Snothead but see he is down the running order.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_0FCBnMNOo

Nascar have parked him and taken him to the trailer..
Old 5 Nov 2011, 02:49 (Ref:2981746)   #56
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was filthy dirty racing. Not impressed, no racing room was even considered and then a driver gets taken out on pupose. Not impressed by that at all.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 03:30 (Ref:2981753)   #57
St00ge
Veteran

Ron Hornaday on Kyle: "If #NASCAR doesn't do it (park Kyle), I'm hanging around and I'm going to buy Tommy Baldwin's ride & that guy will never finish another race. That's a promise.''

haha
Old 5 Nov 2011, 04:25 (Ref:2981761)   #58
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't wanna be Kyle's only fan on this forum anymore. Count me in with you guys. All his tantrums this year was in trucks, so what gives?

I'm truely ashamed of myself for trying to like him.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 07:36 (Ref:2981777)   #59
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
That was without doubt the worst example of Kyle bile that I can recall seeing.

NASCAR need to harden up and park him from all series for a while. They seem to be able to be tough on crew chiefs and team members for relatively minor items, now they need to show some backbone and be tough on an out of control driver before he loses control of himself again and hurts someone.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 12:02 (Ref:2981854)   #60
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"Lost his cool for being wrecked". When was he wrecked before he wrecked himself? I hope Ron does get in the Cup race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
I'm truely ashamed of myself for trying to like him.
Don't feel bad. The guy can wheel it, and is perhaps the greatest "talent" I have ever seen in stockcar racing. Like most top flight drivers in motorsport, he does a great amount of good things off the track with his charities, but he is just too much of a spoiled rotten little brat, always wrecking the guys I like jerk on the track to like.

Then, like last night, he wrecks another my favorite truck series driver and runs his mouth off to the media like he is owed something. I hope they never let him OR any other Cup regular race in this series again. There's no point except to perhaps sell some tickets.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 5 Nov 2011 at 12:08. Reason: Punctuation
Old 5 Nov 2011, 12:07 (Ref:2981860)   #61
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
NASCAR need to harden up and park him from all series for a while. They seem to be able to be tough on crew chiefs and team members for relatively minor items, now they need to show some backbone and be tough on an out of control driver before he loses control of himself again and hurts someone.
They did that when they parked Harvick for the Martinsville Cup race for something he did in the trucks. Folks got up in arms for having a driver out of the Cup race and I don't think NASCAR has done it sense.

But you are right; park him for the race on Sunday, and he will stop this nonsense, at least for a little while.

Quote:
That was without doubt the worst example of Kyle bile that I can recall seeing.
Kyle Bile! Leave it to Kyle Bile to bring this thread back to life.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 13:53 (Ref:2981886)   #62
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Not only has that no place on a racetrack, it has no place in society.

Were I the local rozzers, I would be feeling Busch's collar right about now. That was a pre-meditated battery on Hornaday and he should be prosecuted for such.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 13:59 (Ref:2981891)   #63
St00ge
Veteran

Quote:
NASCAR announced that they have parked Kyle Busch for the remainder of the weekend. He will not be allowed to participate in the Nationwide or Cup races at Texas. He is expected to be replaced in the Cup race by Michael McDowell and in the Nationwide race by Denny Hamlin.(11-5-2011)
Nice move by the boys in the Nascar trailer I have to say.. It would of been a **** precedent if they did nothing. Line needed to be drawn in the sand

Last edited by St00ge; 5 Nov 2011 at 14:15.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 14:16 (Ref:2981898)   #64
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14 View Post
Not only has that no place on a racetrack, it has no place in society.

Were I the local rozzers, I would be feeling Busch's collar right about now. That was a pre-meditated battery on Hornaday and he should be prosecuted for such.
prosecuted? are you kidding me? and they call the US sue happy...
Old 5 Nov 2011, 14:35 (Ref:2981908)   #65
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Agreed man what happens at the track stays at the track.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 15:13 (Ref:2981912)   #66
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
No. Deadly (pun intended) serious.

A racing mistake is one thing; in the heat of the moment mistakes happen, everyone knows that, even the law knows that.

Deliberately attacking someone else in ANY context is criminal. Ask Duncan Ferguson about that.

Drivers accept the risk of accidental contact on the racetrack; they do not accept the risk of deliberately and maliciously being put into the wall. Drivers are not above the law in such circumstances.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 17:31 (Ref:2981965)   #67
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14 View Post
No. Deadly (pun intended) serious.

A racing mistake is one thing; in the heat of the moment mistakes happen, everyone knows that, even the law knows that.

Deliberately attacking someone else in ANY context is criminal. Ask Duncan Ferguson about that.

Drivers accept the risk of accidental contact on the racetrack; they do not accept the risk of deliberately and maliciously being put into the wall. Drivers are not above the law in such circumstances.
This is how oval racing in the US works, it's entirely different to the rest of the world. From the lowest level to the highest, you might be taken out by someone intentionally because of somethin you did earlier, it's accepted.

These cars are stupid safe, Ron woulda been fine even if it occoured at 180mph.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 18:33 (Ref:2981989)   #68
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't defend how Kyle Busch did what he did, but I also can't defend how NASCAR handled it.

1) Where was this penalty for Carl Edwards last year? He did the same thing at Gateway. Is it different because it wasn't the penultimate race of a championship? Is it different because Busch can't run for the CWTS title so he can't be fined points? Is it different because it was under yellow, or because it "looked worse," or whatever other terrible judgment call there is?

2) There is no rule. None. "Have at it, boys" is the doctrine, and until you have a line, nothing can cross it. You can't say "well, that looked like it warranted a 1-lap hold." "Oh, that felt like parking for the night." They need to say what you can and cannot do and leave it at that. Can you turn someone to the inside, but not the outside? Under green but not under yellow? On a short track but not a speedway? If you aren't Kyle Busch? What's having at it, and what's not, and what's the uniform penalty for what crosses the line they need to draw?

3) What happens if a Truck-only competitor does this? Does he/she get parked from the next two Truck events? Or just one, since only the Cup race really counts for Busch? Or none at all, and just a fine of points since he/she actually has points to lose? If this were the Cup race, would Busch be suspended from the next race weekend, or would it, being the end of the weekend, have just led to whatever he'll get Tuesday in terms of points and money? My point is this: they tailored a penalty specifically to Busch's situation, where he was entered in two more races this weekend. You take a driver in a different situation, or the same driver in one of the other two races, and now the penalty has to change. That's not fair at all.

Horse**** penalty. Horse**** overraction, too, by those who would consider Hornaday a hero if he had done it to Busch. Just my buck-and-change.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 19:15 (Ref:2982009)   #69
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very simple way for Miss Kylie and his Cup buddies to avoid this kind of problem, stay the heck out of Nationwide and Truck races.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 19:19 (Ref:2982011)   #70
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
JR, I understand your thoughts about NASCAR rules, as they are inconsistent and enforced in an absolute monarchy opinion like fashion, but I don't think you can compare Carl's two incidents with the same driver to Kyle's repeatedly acting like an idiot towards everyone else on the track no matter the series, and repeatedly mouthing off to everyone like the childish brat he is, expecting people treat him differently than anyone else. Well, he is treated like no one else in that no other driver has consistently and repeatedly been in trouble over the last 8 years or as much as Kyle. He went way over the line and made his own bed last night, IMO; he now has to sleep in it this weekend.

Problem is, that a lot of other people have put a tremendous amount of work into the 18 Cup program for one person to completely f it up this close to another championship for JGR. Kyle seems too selfish to think about that.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 19:22 (Ref:2982014)   #71
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Very simple way for Miss Kylie and his Cup buddies to avoid this kind of problem, stay the heck out of Nationwide and Truck races.
Very good point and I don't think Cup drivers belong in either. Sure Joe Gibbs is going to be thinking about a contract amendment.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 19:48 (Ref:2982022)   #72
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Punish him by parking him for this and next weekend. If he transgresses again, esclate the punishment if not move on.

The lunge against Hornaday under yellow was breathtakingly ignorant.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 20:33 (Ref:2982037)   #73
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ge View Post
Nice move by the boys in the Nascar trailer I have to say.. It would of been a **** precedent if they did nothing. Line needed to be drawn in the sand
Agree - good call and will be interesting to see what if any further penalties are applied.

JR, I understand your frustration at the way NASCAR handle this stuff - but there is no way they could let a driver simply do what Kyle did and walk away as if it were nothing.

Big thing for me was him doing this under caution - there was more to it than that but under caution was to me the thing that rang major alarm bells. He clearly lost control of himself and as he afterwards seemed to think what he did was OK then I'd have to say his judgement and emotions are so far out of whack then as a governing body, he simply HAS to be parked. It would be like a footballer taking a gun onto the field to use in tackles - it simply goes too far.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 23:10 (Ref:2982091)   #74
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
My point is this: they tailored a penalty specifically to Busch's situation
I agree with you and you're right, it does seem rather arbitrary. But maybe tailoring penalties to suit the situation is actually the fairest way of doing things?

Edit: Also jumping on the 'Kyle is a douche' bandwagon.
Old 6 Nov 2011, 00:47 (Ref:2982106)   #75
ctgrenade
Rookie

ctgrenade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This just proves that until his attitude changes he will never truly be one of the greats. Yeah he wins races but how many championships does he have? Like one nationwide title isn't it? He doesn't understand concepts like strategy, patience, and common sense.

And regardless of who bumped who or who pushed who. That doesn't matter. These are vehicles traveling in excess of 170 miles an hour within mere inches of each other. S**t happens. And I don't know about anybody else but the biggest thing that stands out to me is that this happened on lap 14. Nobody remembers who was leading any lap of any race except the last one so why he was running so hard that early is beyond me. Barely a tenth of the way into the race and he's pulling crap like this. I'd have hated to see what he would have done if the contact would have happened on lap 150 or something.