Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 4 Apr 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1270186)   #51
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry, GTs are at the same time the following Sunday, April 17. It's how C4 plan it.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 19:50 (Ref:1270189)   #52
Nigel Wilson
Rookie

England
Washington
Nigel Wilson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's imposable for all drivers to be race winners in any catergory , it is just the exraordinary that can do that, but if only race winners were allowed to receive sponsorship in order to compete then grids would be miniscule.
As a dad of a female racer I obviously welcome the positive publicity Sussie generates but even I find two nominations strange.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 20:15 (Ref:1270207)   #53
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To reply to an earlier posting, I think Bruno said in an interview post race that he got on the grass coming down Craner, and spun down to the exit of Old Hairpin where he got collected. Couldn't see it exactly myself as I was on the infield at Mcleans, and you can only just see under Starkeys bridge to the track at old hairpin.

Otherwise, yeah the races were OK, but not my cup of tea. Senna lived upto (my) expectations and qualified well but lacked racecraft, but the rookies did OK for a first weekend.

I think potential GP2 drivers are in the pack there, but did anyone shine enough to pick out as a future F1 star, which surely is the point of a single seater drivers ambition???

Al.

Last edited by Alan Green; 4 Apr 2005 at 20:20.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 20:51 (Ref:1270222)   #54
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mathias - Susie isn't bad...not really my cup of tea but surely that isn't what being a racing driver is about? That sounds as bad as some of these female, teeny groupies who plaster their rubbish on here about which drivers the best based on how bleached his hair is and how many corny chat up lines he's got!

I'm not saying Susie's a bad driver but by no way does she justify the PR and the status she gets in the racing world. As has been said, yes F3 PR is good for the series but it makes it look silly when they're splattering this bird across pages of top magazines etc and then she barely makes the top 10 come race weekend!

This isn't sexist it's just fact! And to say shes still injured...she looked ok to me walking around the paddock...it goes back to the old excuses book debate!

Do apologise foreversideways I didn't realise your age! I just get annoyed with some clubby drivers when they come on here with their jealous tones when as has been proven several times over recent seasons they aren't able to compete themselves on the National level.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 21:30 (Ref:1270258)   #55
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
Emma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Green
but did anyone shine enough to pick out as a future F1 star, which surely is the point of a single seater drivers ambition???
Yes. Dirani *looks proud*
Old 4 Apr 2005, 21:49 (Ref:1270272)   #56
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias
Where were you watching?
down by Starkey's bridge.....with a view from Hollywood to McLeans
Old 5 Apr 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1270654)   #57
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Gaz. 49 well 50 in May ain't to bad and certainly a lot better than the alternative. National racing was a long time ago for me (FF1600 the year Senna won it). I am not trying to be to critical of Susie but it is annoying when you personally know drivers with real talent and real achievements sitting on their hands due to lack of money. Guess it was allways that way.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 11:47 (Ref:1271623)   #58
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
I'm not saying Susie's a bad driver but by no way does she justify the PR and the status she gets in the racing world.
OK, one last time: the media coverage of Susie is justified because she is a woman in a man's world. The fact that she is capable of qualifying and racing in the top ten of British F3, and the fact that she's been on the podium a few times in FRenault means that she's worth at least a second look, but it is the fact that she is a woman that is attracting the media attention, and it is a good thing that media attention is being attracted (a) to her to prove to the world at large that women can be competitive with men in motorsport, and (b) to just help promote F3 as something that's worth having a look at.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 13:43 (Ref:1271723)   #59
JJ Jet Plane
Racer

JJ Jet Plane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Susie's OK, but nothing special driving-wise. Most important is that she's a reasonable enough driver, keeping a title-winning team (Alan Docking Racing) in the A-class of British F3. How many people is she keeping in employment this year? Two or three? And the reduced overheads of her being there helps Docking run two more cars in the B-class. This is ALL GOOD in a slow economic period and where everyone just wants to rush off and do the Euroseries. I'm sure she'll get in the top 6 from time to time.
Old 7 Apr 2005, 12:14 (Ref:1272430)   #60
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think Susie will improve through the year. The whole field was generally well behaved. As has been mentioned she was injured over the winter and there was some mention of how well Senna did, Susie qualified right behind him so not a bad effort. The first race is learn car, get round and get better. Plently more races for her to improve. The car lacked any major sponsorship but hopefully that will improve as well.

Hats off in general for a good race - sorry for my ignorance here but who was in teh TSB car? They seems to have a good race stuck behind someone! I've still got to edit my photos but I will put them up soon honest!!
Old 7 Apr 2005, 12:30 (Ref:1272442)   #61
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix1
who was in teh TSB car?
Ryan Lewis?

Oh, ship. Or was it Steven Kane?

What number was on it?

Last edited by Mathias; 7 Apr 2005 at 12:31.
Old 7 Apr 2005, 13:28 (Ref:1272487)   #62
Zurich
Rookie

Switzerland
Zurich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix1
sorry for my ignorance here but who was in teh TSB car? They seems to have a good race stuck behind someone! I've still got to edit my photos but I will put them up soon honest!!
I don't remember anyone having TSB on the car... what colour was it?
Old 7 Apr 2005, 13:41 (Ref:1272496)   #63
Zurich
Rookie

Switzerland
Zurich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flash of inspiration, it's No69. Ryan Lewis (blue & white). He looked really quick in race one, but couldn't get past Dan Clarke. Not quite so hot in race two.
Old 8 Apr 2005, 10:19 (Ref:1273152)   #64
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurich
Flash of inspiration, it's No69. Ryan Lewis (blue & white). He looked really quick in race one, but couldn't get past Dan Clarke. Not quite so hot in race two.
Spot on :-) ta bit easier to identify now I got this weeks autosport - match the numbers and all :-)
Old 8 Apr 2005, 16:17 (Ref:1273442)   #65
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
Emma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was just going to say the TSB car is Ryan Lewis' car. He kept his number from last year then.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 10:40 (Ref:1277006)   #66
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Hmm doubt i've anything new to add but although i've missed the flow of the thread mrthinks that my tip for the title is sound - He controlled both races from front beautifully.

Impressive guys were Lewis (especially in R1. R2 spent too long messing about behind Walker i think? Maybe he's done him in R1 and he'd learned Lewis' strong points? can't remember) and Clarke, although he messed up on lap 2 of R2 out of Macleans i think?

Look like Bruno's got the true Senna genes - bit of argy bargy in R1 and then s*** or bust at beginning of R2?

No joking aside he's obviously got raw pace for someone relatively inexperienced?

Asmer's starts were appalling otherwise i think he's have won R2?

Still i enjoyed both rounds a lot
Old 13 Apr 2005, 12:51 (Ref:1277137)   #67
JJ Jet Plane
Racer

JJ Jet Plane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can't blame Lewis for spending "too long messing about behind Walker". Out of the whole field Walker looked the most defensive – REALLY hard to pass in both races!