Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 15 Apr 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1279128)   #26
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russfeld
Blind is the only word I have for you.
and how is is this? ive agreed that a driver with no money is driver that doesnt race. yet once again you come on making points that may be true, yet are unneccasary as they have little or no relation to this topic....
Old 15 Apr 2005, 18:47 (Ref:1279129)   #27
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having said that, I'm glad he's found himself a drive with a top team, which David Sears' team unquestionably is.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 15 Apr 2005, 18:52 (Ref:1279132)   #28
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jinxx
The world is full of underfunded talented racing drivers. Adam isn't one of them. I'm afraid, much as I like Adam and like his driving style, I have to side with Russfeld on this one. Has Adam ever NOT been able to fund a year in a championship? Sure, he may have to work to get an F3 drive and another F3 drive and a GP2 drive, but that's not the same thing. Being underfunded is when you can't afford a drive, when you can't get your bum in a seat.
exactly true but nobody on this thread has said that adam has no money. 'underfunded' can be anything from flat broke to to simply not having as much as others. carroll gets by, just like other drivers in the situation have. but people are shooting down others by putting words in their mouths because nobody has said that carroll is truly pennyless....what a silly argument.
Old 16 Apr 2005, 11:36 (Ref:1279544)   #29
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Probably true ff - but "underfunded" by definition suggests someone's funding is insufficient, which is not the case for Adam. He may not be overfunded, but who is.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 16 Apr 2005, 11:40 (Ref:1279546)   #30
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
The trouble is, f-f, that there are people on here who DO claim Adam to be penniless, rather than those (like you and me) who have more balanced views. I think it is the former people that Russfeld is having a go at.
Old 16 Apr 2005, 12:08 (Ref:1279559)   #31
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I'll stick to F1 in the future.
Old 16 Apr 2005, 13:39 (Ref:1279617)   #32
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
The trouble is, f-f, that there are people on here who DO claim Adam to be penniless, rather than those (like you and me) who have more balanced views. I think it is the former people that Russfeld is having a go at.

i guess so. and it is clear to see that adam does indeed have the cash to race. i suppose i might have been a bit too attacking with my own comments, its just i felt that nobody had said that carroll was on the breadlines and wanted to know, why the hostilities?

i suppose i was the only one being hostile but i still believe it was an unfair comment. maybe i should shut up though because it wasnt even my comment that was quoted, it was maximus'!
Old 16 Apr 2005, 14:17 (Ref:1279641)   #33
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
It brightens up an otherwise dull day though!
Old 16 Apr 2005, 15:55 (Ref:1279682)   #34
Julio
Racer

United Kingdom
Julio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure, Adam Carroll isn't as poor as a lot of drivers in lower down championships, but by the time he was in British F3 he was one of the poorer of the F3 racers, and was always struggling to find the budget. 2003 for example when he missed a bit of the season. Budgets for F3 are probably about £400k for championship class and £250 for national, so anyone who races in F3 is rich, but Adam would have struggled more than some of the others.
Old 16 Apr 2005, 19:07 (Ref:1279751)   #35
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
<shrugs>
Old 17 Apr 2005, 20:22 (Ref:1280646)   #36
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyway ....all that aside ..

Its good news to hear that he got the drive in the end with such a good team

Last edited by Sato san; 17 Apr 2005 at 20:24.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 06:35 (Ref:1281816)   #37
Julio
Racer

United Kingdom
Julio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
<shrugs>
Yeah I suppose I didn't really add anything that hadn't just been argued earlier.

I'm just glad Adam has got a ride, and am really looking forward to the 1st round of the championship! I don't think I've been so excited about the opening round of a chamionship before!